What's new

Predator pinball

interesting the disclaimer on the site...

1. Absolutely none of the items featured on this site or any of its affiliates are for commercial sale or use unless explicitly stated otherwise.

2. New information and updates are being added to the site regularly, so be sure to bookmark us and check back often!

3. All images and likenesses used on this site are and remain copyrights of their respective owners.
Does sound like something happened....

The mods on Pinside are shutting the Predator threads down, seems they don't like the negative speculation.

Actually I think Robin who is the founder and one of the mods closing the threads is Dutch...

the forum is based in Dutchland, so not surprising.... Not the US as most think...

The guy that opened that thread got his money back...eventually. That was when he changed the title.

If people are getting refunds that must mean there are some free slots now :thumbs: , probably not the best time to be buying in though.

That MMr Aussie Wayne thing was years ago wasn't it? Anyone on here get stung by that?

The guy that opened that thread got his money back...eventually. That was when he changed the title.

If people are getting refunds that must mean there are some free slots now :thumbs: , probably not the best time to be buying in though.

That MMr Aussie Wayne thing was years ago wasn't it? Anyone on here get stung by that?

I believe a few from here and the Yahoo group got stung..

I will leave it to them if they want to furnish you with more info

I dunno - Pay by PayPal and you've got until way past the current expected delivery date to start the refund procedure haven't you? Might be the safest time to get in on the action ;)

Predator is the most interesting new pin currently in production I reckon. If I was looking to go for a NIB I'd be tempted. Attractive theme, nice sounds, no idea on gameplay or longevity though as he never made it to a show over here.

I'm in and still very concerned!

As has been pointed out here and on Pinside, the email yesterday from Kevin at Skit B did not mention the name Predator once.
Added to this I have emailed him on 3 occasions now, with no reply although the latest email said 'please reach out to our support team to get those issues resolved as soon as possible', well I have an nothing!

This smacks to me as a licence issue, they are either going to build 250 games and just ship them, or re-theme it.

Has anyone else got news from Kevin?

How long does the PayPal rebate last and how does this work?

My speculative guess from the un-branding is that they didn't get the licence, which could be down to :-
a) Ridiculous costs
b) Ridiculous demands - (from reading stories on other similar projects the licence holders will often require to sign off the artwork, and will almost always force you to make 100 minor and pointless changes, that cost you endless amounts of money to implement and mock-up, just to make themselves look busy)

If I was skit-B, what I would then do is say f*** you to the licence holder, I would take any mention of the licence name off my website, and pretend that I am done with the theme.

I would then rush to try and get the entire run of machines made in one single batch and get them shipped out as quickly as possible once done, then just deny it :rofl:

If they ship out, or tell people that they are shipping out 10 Predators, then the licence holder finds out, they have time to take legal action, get a C&D, halt production and demand that all artwork held by skit-B is destroyed.

If they ambush the market and get them all out in one go, then close the company, pretty much nothing the licence holder can do to stop them.

If this is the case (and again - it is just a guess from me) then it is probably not helping their plan if people keep drawing attention to the fact that they have removed the Predator branding, and keep going on about it.

If on the other hand, they are re-branding to a different theme, that is going to upset most (if not all) people with active orders

Whatever happens, good luck to everyone, I really hope it is what I think it is :)

Well, they just said they HAVE got the license.

Hello Ted,
The Predator license is intact, as it has always been. NOTHING has been compromised what-so-ever. We apologize if your confidence has been shaken due to rumors. Everything, license included, is in order and production is underway. I sincerely hope that this has answered your question.
Thank you,

Ahh, the joys of pre-paying.

Something weird is going on here. If it's all FUBAR then why would they go to the expo and keep showing off the machine? If it's all to plan then why no mention of the machine name in their emails?

I'm wondering if the licence was only for a two or three year deal - both are pretty common as opposed to a lifetime licence. If the licence has expired then that would explain the sudden removal of all advertising. Providing all the parts were manufactured within the 24 month period then all might still be fine. Assembly of existing parts after the date is not the same as production of licenced parts although it would be a very grey area.

All total speculation but I'm wondering now if that's why there is no mention of Predator or -sales. A 2 year window probably looked pretty good 30 months ago!

Surprisingly unstressed about this as there is **** all I can do;)

Going to sit back, have a beer and chill out:cool:

Weirdly the people shouting the loudest about it on Pinside don't seem to be in on the pre-order

Same boat as you John.
Chilling out and having a beer. Hoping it will all* work itself out.
Strange thing that about all the moaning insiders that aren't even on the pre order.

Phil, which of the new titles is getting the most interest?

you are the guy that sees the majority of the UK NIB market, so are we Brits going for Hobbits, Walking Deads, or what?

My speculative guess from the un-branding is that they didn't get the licence, which could be down to :-
a) Ridiculous costs
b) Ridiculous demands - (from reading stories on other similar projects the licence holders will often require to sign off the artwork, and will almost always force you to make 100 minor and pointless changes, that cost you endless amounts of money to implement and mock-up, just to make themselves look busy)

If I was skit-B, what I would then do is say f*** you to the licence holder, I would take any mention of the licence name off my website, and pretend that I am done with the theme.

I would then rush to try and get the entire run of machines made in one single batch and get them shipped out as quickly as possible once done, then just deny it :rofl:

If they ship out, or tell people that they are shipping out 10 Predators, then the licence holder finds out, they have time to take legal action, get a C&D, halt production and demand that all artwork held by skit-B is destroyed.

If they ambush the market and get them all out in one go, then close the company, pretty much nothing the licence holder can do to stop them.

If this is the case (and again - it is just a guess from me) then it is probably not helping their plan if people keep drawing attention to the fact that they have removed the Predator branding, and keep going on about it.

If on the other hand, they are re-branding to a different theme, that is going to upset most (if not all) people with active orders

Whatever happens, good luck to everyone, I really hope it is what I think it is :)

I did that myself for a load of t shirts a while ago. Wont mention any names but it was only because it was popular I got a C&D and all that ****e. It wasn't a complete rip off of anything only inspired and was 100% original art. Still though not like I'd be able to argue with a big company so I just did a 1 day sale, got rid of them all and then just said I never went through will the order. :cool: That worked for like 50-60 t shirt but not sure about pinball machines, lot more money involved

Really hope this all works out though, I'd love to get a go of a predator one day

Back
Top Bottom