What's new

Predator pinball

Money was never seen again.

I believe a few from here and the Yahoo group got stung..

I will leave it to them if they want to furnish you with more info

The joys of hearsay and the internet. I was in on MM, paid direct to Wayne and got a refund off Phil. I was a mod on Waynes forums and from what I gather nobody lost out to the tune of having all their money gone - some people stayed in on his project (for the full hundred years) and I believe there may have been a small cost to move over to the PPS project, this is the only way people have "lost out" in much the same way anyone who gets out of Predator will be losing fees (assuming they get a refund).

I was wondering about Wayne's MM remake. If someone did stay in for the long haul then does that mean they now get the MMr for the initial quoted price as part of the rights being sold to PPS? Not sure what it was but I remember thinking it was astronomical at the time, so probably about 4k! If so then that seems l like a steal compared to the new price. Not sure how many people would of had the faith and spare cash to let it ride for that long though.

Pinside still seems to be in a frenzy about Predator. Strange though that people are now assuming that there are issues with the Predator licence and yet no one is then comparing it to Alien/Aliens. Both are big films from the same era. As Heighway have secured the rights to Aliens then why wouldn't Skit-B have done something similar? I'm now wondering if it's more about the hand drawn art rather than using photoshop stills and if this has become a stumbling point.

Copyright is a real minefield for businesses. Years ago I discovered that 20th Century Fox had used a track I owned for a major film. They then tried to licence it retrospectively as the scene had already been shot. Knowing how expensive it would be to reshoot the scene we took them to the cleaners. It's surprising how often film companies leave licencing music to the last moment and then offer an absolute pittance when they are happy to give pretty average actors huge sums.

I suspect TBL guys will have fun trying to get the music they want from the film into their game as none of the tracks will come from the film company. I seem to remember someone saying there were 14 tracks involved. So this will mean the potential agreement of 14 record labels and 14 publishers. It only takes one to be a prick and your stuffed. I used to hate putting compilations together for this reason.

Tell us more about this film the scene and the music you own. Sounds like an interesting story mate. Are you a secret composer?

No tone deaf!

Used to run record labels before the kids came along (which coincided with people stopping buying music and downloading it instead)

Anyway, we had a rockabilly band who did a cover of 20th Century boy. Somehow the producer of The Truman Show heard it and loved it. Used it in a scene with Jim Carey dancing at his high school prom. First we knew was when Paramount sent us a request to use a "short" 30 sec clip. Now 30 seconds of music in a film is a massive length of time. Getting Jim Carey to reshoot a scene is going to cost a lot.......

It's surprising how often this type of oversight happens though. I used to use a studio in Dublin which was paid for by an error in "the commitments" where a local girl was asked to sign into a mic at the back of a room and sang one of her own songs rather than something they could licence.

Got lots of stories about musicians behaving badly but most are probably best told off forum!

The joys of hearsay and the internet. I was in on MM, paid direct to Wayne and got a refund off Phil. I was a mod on Waynes forums and from what I gather nobody lost out to the tune of having all their money gone - some people stayed in on his project (for the full hundred years) and I believe there may have been a small cost to move over to the PPS project, this is the only way people have "lost out" in much the same way anyone who gets out of Predator will be losing fees (assuming they get a refund).
Yup, glad Phil and yourself cleared that up, the info I heard from a few people back then was different but in hindsight incorrect, hopefully the Predator pre-order lot will not be subjected to any disappointment on license or delivery.

Last edited:

oops seems i got it wrong! :oops:

My assumtion was from talking to yourself and others in Limerick a few years back... Shows what alcohol does to my hearing/memory

Sorry for the confusion

Allegedly cabs ready for decaling. I nicked this from the bun fight that is the Pinside thread so it could be total rubbish.

img_f.pinside.com_201410_2009882_311090_i.jpg

Allegedly cabs ready for decaling. I nicked this from the bun fight that is the Pinside thread so it could be total rubbish.

img_f.pinside.com_201410_2009882_311090_i.jpg
Is it me or does the backbox look like it's the wrong way around? The slope is to the rear rather than forming a canopy to the front??

In this pic, there's 10 cabs. One of those must be Big Phil's for sure. :thumbs:

predcab1.jpg

*EDIT*. I just realised theres a monitor in one of the cabs. Perhaps because its virtua pins doing the cabs? CAn't be predator then surely?

Is it me or does the backbox look like it's the wrong way around? The slope is to the rear rather than forming a canopy to the front??

See what you mean. Might be a perspective issue or an optical illusion though - The one in Rus' pic with the display in the main cabinet definitely seems to have the usual frontal canopy shape.

Got to say that this picture came as a bit of a relief. :clap:

Why on earth though isn't this type of image being sent to customers directly from the manufacturer?

Great to see things must be going forward

img_f.pinside.com_201411_2048552_319977.jpg

Just found myself a MB and lost abit of interest in this pred machine in all honesty, I'm going to give my spot up in which I am 3k in and payed up very shortly. Not to sure if I should put it on the sale/wanted forums in case someone from overseas sees. I'd rather it came over here so if anyone is interested get in touch

Back
Top Bottom