What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights at Play Expo Manchester. Official machine pledges.

Gutted I couldn't do the lock-in, but seeing if I can arrive in time to try and qualify tomorrow... Give 'em one for me lads.

Amusingly did better on Fish Tales hooked up to the dance pad (32m) than I did on my third attempt to qualify. Tournament tickets are like that sometimes...

Last edited:
Had a great time today Saturday daytime with my lad who managed to "complete the mission" on after burner never seen that done before!!! Great selection of pins need more time in the pinball section!!! Big thanks to everyone who put it together fantastic

Great gig really enjoyed the lock in tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You can basically forget about touching Twilight Zone. The tilt sensor is prone to giving double-warnings for a mild nudge, and an SDTM save is essentially impossible.

Addams Family as well... I had one credit on that, and never tried it again. I don't know what it was exactly, but my combined ball time for all three balls was about 6 to 7 seconds, and I was told the lowest score was something like 3,100. Taking no prisoners whatsoever.

Went along to the show today really enjoyed it, not as enthusiastic as most on here. But thanks to the guys who put the effort it to making these events possible, and for letting people like me use there machines.
Played quite a few machines today, couldn't get on the really more recent names, but had about an hour playing and got
hooked on Dirty Harry, never thought but what a great pin.

Think I played every pin atleast once apart from the ones I don't like. Managed to get on quite a few arcades to. Track and field is just as infuriating and agonising as I remember from my amstrad years lol

Anyone who hasn't played a Robocop before - give it a go.

Such simple fun: Targets light enemies, jump ramp arrests them. 3 arrests starts multiball.

The awesome multiball intro is easily one of the best in the hall.

It has a fresh clearcoat, flippers are nice and strong and the sound is up high.
Its just amazing for a 1989 pin... the BSMT makes it... go enjoy this great example.

Jelous it's not mine!

Tim

p.s. 4.6 to beat.. and i wanna play it again.. so... go on go on go on......uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171015_03f7bb50e9b22924673c0f2db9430dc7.jpg

Those of you that are wondering what that glass like structure is in your hotel room - it’s called a “shower” - give it a go! You’ll find it enjoyable, put some of the stuff from the bottle on the shelf on your hand and it’ll be even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had a great day yesterday and looking forward to some Pinball today - but the highlight though was watching Mr. Angry - funniest thing I’ve seen at any Pinball event!

I had a great day yesterday and looking forward to some Pinball today - but the highlight though was watching Mr. Angry - funniest thing I’ve seen at any Pinball event!

I must’ve missed him?

Highlights from Saturday for me we’re playing Avatar (now wanted), Dialed In (second best score of the day!*) & realising I’m only a very amateur geek, at best. Some of the attendees really put me to shame. Also enjoyed playing Chris B’s restored WhiteWater - lovely job Sir.

Still can’t click with The Hobbit & Star Wars was confusing.

*possibly the second game played on it that day

Last edited:
Agree with Tim - Robocop is a fantastic game. Worth a go. One of DE’s best by a mile.

The highlight machine for me though was the Star Trek Premium. Beautiful and had a great couple of games on it. The Klingon multi-ball laser is epic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I must’ve missed him?

Highlights from Saturday for me we’re playing Avatar (now wanted), Dialed In (second best score of the day!*) & realising I’m only a very amateur geek, at best. Some of the attendees really put me to shame. Also enjoyed playing Chris B’s restored WhiteWater - lovely job Sir.

Still can’t click with The Hobbit & Star Wars was confusing.
Nice to see another Avatar convert.

Those of you that are wondering what that glass like structure is in your hotel room - it’s called a “shower” - give it a go! You’ll find it enjoyable, put some of the stuff from the bottle on the shelf on your hand and it’ll be even better!

It used to be 100 times worse at Daventry, in that small enclosed space. The stench of sweat and beer farts on the Sunday morning was truly something to behold :suspect:

2nd time this year. Had some excellent plays. On more games that we haven't
Played before. Played all of chris b and Phils all excellent. And beautifully done. Looking forward to the white water coming. Met Aaron for a pdi glass for twd le looks stunning so thank you. Now time to find a pinball magic

Kudos to the Elvis owner, very nice looking Pin and enjoyed playing that one. I actually enjoyed the new Star Wars despite the negativity surrounding it, and also liked the Ghostbusters Premium, Star Trek Premium and Dialled In.

Same here with Hobbit, can't get along with it. Not sure if it needed adjusting but it felt too floaty.

Also tried the virtual King-Pin machine. It was more or less unplayable because of the flipper lag. The view also seemed to be straight above the playfield rather than from the front, and the ball would just 'disappear' with a fast shot. Hopefully that is not the best virtual pinball has to offer. Pinball Arcade seems much better than that.

Back
Top Bottom