What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights at Play Expo Manchester. Official machine pledges.

During the lock-in I had to have words with a couple of folks who were frankly out of order on some of the pins - was very surprised by their behaviour given I’d have thought they would be more respectful of others property. My wife had to tell some to put the Nemo Pin down; something got stuck on it and they pick it up on two legs nearly dropped it on the machine next to it and thumped the thing down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

During the lock-in I had to have words with a couple of folks who were frankly out of order on some of the pins - was very surprised by their behaviour given I’d have thought they would be more respectful of others property. My wife had to tell some to put the Nemo Pin down; something got stuck on it and they pick it up on two legs nearly dropped it on the machine next to it and thumped the thing down!

WTF!!!
I wish you would have told me....I would've dealt with that one!
Every single person at the lock-in was known & it's very unlikely they would be invited back to another one.

Regards,
Dan.

I also learned you have to stand quite close or some will just walk in front of you. Also on Neil’s post about stinky bastards, yeah he was one so I left him to it haha.

Most people did look around and I didn’t need to breath over their shoulder.
My eyes were not-unlike the eyes of my avatar observing the generous-size-gentleman with the waistband of his jeans struggling to keep north of his knees. I've seen more of his bottom than I have my own.

My eyes were not-unlike the eyes of my avatar observing the generous-size-gentleman with the waistband of his jeans struggling to keep north of his knees. I've seen more of his bottom than I have my own.

You'll see that particular sight at every pinball show I'm afraid.... Chap is on here so hopefully the hint will be taken.

R2 is back safe, he has been abused all weekend by snot goblins with sticky fingers, needs a good clean and a service.
R2 was a lot bigger than I expected. I saw it in front of the Star Wars machine having its picture taken, but couldn't spot where you were controlling it from. Maybe you were inside it...

Reactions: JMP
I would just like to personally thank anyone that brought/lent a machine to the show - without you guys allowing your precious toys to be played by others there would be no show, irrespective of all of the hard work done by others (of which there was a sh!tload...but that's for another post). I know that for some loaning even a single game requires a huge effort. It's one of the main reasons for running the lock-in, to try & give something back, but I know that not everyone can make the lock-in (or wants to come) , so thanks again to everyone for your gifts...I hope they all make it back safe & sound.

Regards,
Dan.

A lot of people who come to these events don't know anything about pinball. Which is why they always walk away after loading 4 players on a table.

Always found it best to remind people polity but firmly that they are privately owned and loaned to the show so that others can enjoy them, so could they please remove the item in question from someone's pride and joy.

It worked in Glasgow anyway, just wish I could of made it down to Manchester.
Yep !
Spotted Apollo 13 sitting in a 6 player game , played a couple of balls then drained the rest which tock along time to finish :oops:

Disgusting.

Finally home after a very long tiring drive due to never ending motorway incidents and roadworks, Avatar safely back in its nest. Had a great weekend, put more faces to names of members of the forum this year again. Played quite a few machines I hadn't played before which was great. Big thanks to everyone who brought machines, everyone involved in running the comp and especially to the whole NLP crew for pulling it off so well again this year, a huge amount of work I'm sure.

Pins unloaded and the lads dropped off. Just sat down.

Cracking weekend. I didn't play a lot this year. Just enjoyed the atmosphere and crack.

Massive thanks to the usual suspects. Problems with all four of my machines and the lads were in there neck deep to try and resolve. Sick to fukcing death of them!

Finally home after a very long tiring drive due to never ending motorway incidents and roadworks, Avatar safely back in its nest. Had a great weekend, put more faces to names of members of the forum this year again. Played quite a few machines I hadn't played before which was great. Big thanks to everyone who brought machines, everyone involved in running the comp and especially to the whole NLP crew for pulling it off so well again this year, a huge amount of work I'm sure.

I think your Avatar may end up in my home one day ;)

Many thanks to all that brought machines and all that helped on in the weekend - it was fantastic!

You'll see that particular sight at every pinball show I'm afraid.... Chap is on here so hopefully the hint will be taken.
I'm quite happy to take on the role of 'bottom inspector' if it gets me into lock-in next year. I've got a soldering iron for bare skin. It taught me a lesson.

Also big thanks to those that said hello and introduced themselves - great to put names to faces.

Stellar weekend. Was so good that I started making excuses/plans to come back for the sunday as well - or was that just a nagging feeling of not wanting to leave my score in the tournament qualifiers that low? haha

The dizzying array of games was incredible, and extremely appreciated from all - but the tournament-prepared games I especially enjoyed for how cleanly they were playing. I'm going to have to show everybody just how greased my particular game can be for the next one... and also do something for once in my life, called planning in advance.

And of course to everyone that said hi - you're all brilliant.

Great show. Thanks to all the organisers you really did a great job.

Note to self though - next year make plans to go alone not meet the wife when she lands in Manchester after a week long business trip and thus does not really want to spend two days watching me and my daughter playing pins and vids and (in the case of my daughter, not me I might add) Minecraft.

Consequently only managed a few hours Saturday and Sunday with rest of time being dragged round Trafford Centre sulking.

Got to lock in but even then enjoyment was tinged by guilt I felt having to leave the missus sat in corner reading her book so left after just a couple of hours.

Next time need to make it a lads weekend only so I can catch up with some of the old faces and put some names to new ones.

Thanks for the comments I got in person and in post on here about the nice condition of my Elvis but can’t take credit for that as I’ve only had it for a week and just had the glass off to wax the play field - and now it’ll take me about a bloody year or more (if ever) to knock off the high scores no doubt some of you scoundrels have put on it for me!

Highlights for me were the 60’s Batman game, Iron Man, Radical, old favourites of TZ, DE Star Wars and Theatre of Magic, the new Star Wars which I think I liked if only I knew what the heck I was supposed to be doing - and the personal tour of Garry Speight’s 12 pin basement he gave me when I dropped his TZ off.

Cheers once again to Chris, Dan, Mark and the rest and the guy who’s name I didn’t catch but who sorted me out my free tickets when I tapped him on the shoulder at entrance and nice to meet you other guy (who’s name I also didn’t get) who was stood at entrance with him waiting on medical attention for cut on palm of your hand - I hope it got fixed up and you managed to get some flippin’ in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually went via M1 after hearing M6 closed and got back bit after 10 so really not too bad as didn't get going till after 5.

Just wanted to add my thanks to machine donors, NLP crew and tournament guys for an amazing weekend. It takes a huge effort by all these involved to make this event happen and really do appreciate all the hard work. Was my first Expo in Manchester (had done Blackpool) and was certainly not disappointed. Shame Sat eve lock in clashed with the annual ukvac meet at Arcade Club which was also fab but can't be everywhere!

Thanks to Wayne, Paul, Ian and others for organising a well run comp. From what I saw the streaming and comments by Tim and Craig looked very professional which added to the experience and will look forward to watching some of it back tomorrow. Many congrats to David Dutton for winning the Expo Battle, a fitting and deserved winner:)

Another great event guys

Shame it took me under 11 hours to get home yup you heard me right! I was very close to a psychotic break

Oh yeah and who's idea was it to sell candy floss at an event with kids and loads of machines with buttons lol.

And I'm sure some of the mouth breathers live on a diet of turds. If they ain't breathing their honking breath on you they are crop dusting the **** out of everything!

Back
Top Bottom