What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights at Play Expo Manchester. Official machine pledges.

The M6 defo south, looks like just very slow going north between J18 and 17, is closed. The roads look like carnage that way, I'd suggest anyone going south heads east then south, or don't leave for a while.

Can anyone online get a message to Wizcat (Paul Gardner) for me, to make sure he's OK to take @Mooseman 's TAF back to Moose's house - I was meant to be collecting and borrowing it for a Primary School Halloween disco, swapping for my WOZ for a bit, but even if I left now I wouldn't be there until very late,. I can't reach him by phone, but have texted him.

Last edited:
@Sgt GrizZ see my edit in the post above, if you see Wizcat (Paul) can you pass on that message and make sure it's OK? Don't wanna leave the TAF stranded...

The M6 defo south, looks like just very slow going north between J18 and 17, is closed. The roads look like carnage that way, I'd suggest anyone going south heads east then south, or don't leave for a while.

Can anyone online get a message to Wizcat (Paul Gardner) for me, to make sure he's OK to take @Mooseman 's TAF back to Moose's house - I was meant to be collecting and borrowing it for a Primary School Halloween disco, swapping for my WOZ for a bit, but even if I left now I wouldn't be there until very late,. I can't reach him by phone, but have texted him.
We are travelling northbound on M6 J35 and J36 all lanes at a standstill avoid if possible.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Not good Chris,hope it clears soon. How was the show?
Really great show Mike, hat's off to the organisers and especially to Dan for the lock-in really makes the weekend. Pinball had a larger footprint this year and don't think it was so busy.

Still not moving may be here for a few hours :(

Really great show Mike, hat's off to the organisers and especially to Dan for the lock-in really makes the weekend. Pinball had a larger footprint this year and don't think it was so busy.

Still not moving may be here for a few hours :(

Accident or roadworks?. With I could of made it, looked like a good line up of pins

Accident car and a van, someone driving south on the northbound side if the online news are to be trusted.

Yes, just looked it up, states northbound closed, southbound one lane open. they may start to turn vehicles around and go back to J35

Just got back. Spent last night at Birch Travelodge. They told me the M62 closes at 9pm for roadworks so I just made it. I was running late because the A1M was shut and I had to launch across to the A19 & start again lol. First time at the event and I was completely blown away by it. Brilliant. So many different machines lined up to experience. A big thank you to everyone who took machines there. It's incredibly generous to put that much effort into sharing your stuff.

Agree about the comments on the amazing generosity of the people providing machines to the show which makes me even more angry at the people who I saw sweating so much on the machine that one would have needed a towel to mop it all. Or the other who thought it was ok to leave his crumbly sandwich on the glass. Or the other with his pint at a very awkward angle still on the glass.
I don't think punters realise that these are privately owned machines. I have no idea where they think these machines are from.
Anyway great show. Thank you for putting it up. Thought layout with different areas was great as you could always find a corner not too busy to play a game or two. Better than a long line of bottoms looking at you. Dialed in is good fun. Stayed away from star wars.
I did like avatar before the show and having played the one with the colour display I like it even more.
Thank you to the man who was hogging taf with the LCD colour screen. Gave me plenty of time to have a good look at the LCD screen as I am considering one for mm.
Already looking forward to next year.
Well done.

A lot of people who come to these events don't know anything about pinball. Which is why they always walk away after loading 4 players on a table.

Always found it best to remind people polity but firmly that they are privately owned and loaned to the show so that others can enjoy them, so could they please remove the item in question from someone's pride and joy.

It worked in Glasgow anyway, just wish I could of made it down to Manchester.

Agree about the comments on the amazing generosity of the people providing machines to the show which makes me even more angry at the people who I saw sweating so much on the machine that one would have needed a towel to mop it all. Or the other who thought it was ok to leave his crumbly sandwich on the glass. Or the other with his pint at a very awkward angle still on the glass.
I don't think punters realise that these are privately owned machines. I have no idea where they think these machines are from.
Anyway great show. Thank you for putting it up. Thought layout with different areas was great as you could always find a corner not too busy to play a game or two. Better than a long line of bottoms looking at you. Dialed in is good fun. Stayed away from star wars.
I did like avatar before the show and having played the one with the colour display I like it even more.
Thank you to the man who was hogging taf with the LCD colour screen. Gave me plenty of time to have a good look at the LCD screen as I am considering one for mm.
Already looking forward to next year.
Well done.
As a golf fanatic I'm etiquette to the bone.
Visited machines that were idle (didn't queue).
Was as respectful as I could possibly be with someone's beloved property (no food, drink, sweat, nudging etc.)
Played out all three balls (didn't walk away bored mid-game - grrrrrrr)
Played one game only then moved on (allowing others a chance to have a try without having to hang around for ages)
Once or twice walked towards an idle machine when someone homed in from the sun. Stood aside every time.
Most people seemed fine to me, but there'll always be the odd ones who aren't I suppose.

There never is that many bad eggs, but it only takes one or two.

Another good thing to do is invite others to play with you, you can then show them what to play for, or even just showing them that more than one person can play at a time. You could get a few strange looks but most are pleased to learn something new about pinball.

Another good thing to do is invite others to play with you, you can then show them what to play for, or even just showing them that more than one person can play at a time. You could get a few strange looks but most are pleased to learn something new about pinball.
I always looked around before startin a fresh game for a second player, but for them too show me how to play lol . :rofl: Had a good lesson from a guy on StarWars. Think could have been our very own @Mooseman (is he welsh?) and had a bit of craic with the lads from NERG....

Had a great day heres a few pics....20171015_111754.jpg 20171015_101019.jpg 20171015_111754.jpg 20171015_101019.jpg 20171015_130642_HDR.jpg 20171015_174329.jpg 20171015_174341.jpg 20171015_102819.jpg 20171015_120117.jpg 20171015_131337.jpg 20171015_124428.jpg 20171015_151233.jpg

Oh and that T2 on the Pinball Heaven stand was PHENOMENAL :thumbs:

Your a very lucky man!

1 having a wife who likes pinball
2 being told to buy a NIB pin, does she like POTC?

I hope you haven't told her that all pins cost £x?
yeah we love potc!! She's modding it out now with the back alley creations mods currently

It was her choice and she paid for half so she knows the costs ha, she spends ages every week looking through new machines and video plays, she's a very regular member here too but mostly just reads

Last edited:
yeah wet love potc!! She's modding it out now with the back alley creations mods currently

It was her choice and she paid for half so she knows the costs ha, she spends ages every week looking through new machines and video plays.
Sounds like you should get the new JJP POTC, could be good having both of them with a BR, a good pirate lineup!

She wants to, but it looks wide and our doors aren't, I'd be tempted but only tentatively after I do some measurements; but the doors need replacing so I can maybe time it when they're off!

I think her second choice was revenge from mars, we love a bit of pepper's ghost ever since phantom menace

That never even occurred to me although it would have been the other way round. I'd have been asking to learn something new about pinball. I loved every single minute of my time there but I regret not making an effort to talk to/thank the organisers/crew. They looked so busy.

Yeah we've done that, when queuing behind someone doesn't tip them to the fact 2 solo 4p games in a row is a bit off we just ask if they want a 3 player game to show them some etiquette and how it's done inclusively and politely, likewise if we're still on ball 1 and people stand behind us we just ask if they want in

Our rule is one game, of no one is queuing we can go for a second but we always look round to check first

I also learned you have to stand quite close or some will just walk in front of you. Also on Neil’s post about stinky bastards, yeah he was one so I left him to it haha.

Most people did look around and I didn’t need to breath over their shoulder.

That never even occurred to me although it would have been the other way round. I'd have been asking to learn something new about pinball. I loved every single minute of my time there but I regret not making an effort to talk to/thank the organisers/crew. They looked so busy.
I'm sure that the guys would like to talk pinball to anyone who wants to talk pinball to them.

I'm sure that they'd point you in the right direction that you'd want to go in with pinball, ie local leagues to you if you don't know about them ect ect.

I'm sure that the guys would like to talk pinball to anyone who wants to talk pinball to them.

I'm sure that they'd point you in the right direction that you'd want to go in with pinball, ie local leagues to you if you don't know about them ect ect.
I'll know better next time. And I'll be sure to be there next time. With a pinball God willing :thumbs:

I also learned you have to stand quite close or some will just walk in front of you. Also on Neil’s post about stinky bastards, yeah he was one so I left him to it haha.

Most people did look around and I didn’t need to breath over their shoulder.
Did you have a chat with the guys on the Scottish Pinball Association table? The Scottish League meet mainly around the central belt but have also travelled up to Dundee to play.

Also the SPA are responsible for getting all the pins into Breahead for Play Glasgow, should you be interested.

Back
Top Bottom