What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Attack from Mars remake

I'm not convinced they will stop making MMr if there are still all the dedicated parts in stock. If there is still demand and they now have a dedicated pinball line at a factory why not give it a rest for 6 months or so when churning out AFMrs and then cycle it back into production? A business with two products is surely more viable than only having one for sale? More than anything else I'd guess it would depend on whether there will be further demand. Wasn't the AC/DC Luci run only something like 250? If so I guess it shows relatively small production numbers are viable.

Regarding pricing "pleasantly surprised" could mean anything. Same price as MMr was initially would look good at the moment. Cheaper than the limited edition Batman?

Anyone on here seriously considering buying one?

I'm not convinced they will stop making MMr if there are still all the dedicated parts in stock. If there is still demand and they now have a dedicated pinball line at a factory why not give it a rest for 6 months or so when churning out AFMrs and then cycle it back into production? A business with two products is surely more viable than only having one for sale? More than anything else I'd guess it would depend on whether there will be further demand. Wasn't the AC/DC Luci run only something like 250? If so I guess it shows relatively small production numbers are viable.

Regarding pricing "pleasantly surprised" could mean anything. Same price as MMr was initially would look good at the moment. Cheaper than the limited edition Batman?

Anyone on here seriously considering buying one?
If the price is right I would love the le with chrome trim, but I will defo have one just depends on pricing. I would go for a original huo if there is one out there but I know I won't find one and atleast a new machine will be like the mmr, new and reliable.

Yes I am buying one - hoping LE is under 9K if so that's what I'll get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys. I know that AFM is a valuable and sought after title. I don't know this game particularly well, but recently played it at Tilt.

Why is it so popular?

Not many toys. Pretty basic fan layout. Keep shooting the thing in the middle. I am not looking to Diss a popular title, but compared to late wpc games like MM, SS, even bloody NBA jam, I find it a bit bland

Tin hat on, asbestos underpants installed.

Guys. I know that AFM is a valuable and sought after title. I don't know this game particularly well, but recently played it at Tilt.

Why is it so popular?

Not many toys. Pretty basic fan layout. Keep shooting the thing in the middle. I am not looking to Diss a popular title, but compared to late wpc games like MM, SS, even bloody NBA jam, I find it a bit bland

It's really good fun, that's why. I personally find SS dull as dishwater, so it's possibly just a question of tastes.

Why is it so popular?

I'm the same as you mate. Not put much time on it but it doesn't grab me. I guess you can't argue with the masses.

Why is it so popular?

Well, everyone likes different games which is great.

I find MM dull compared to AFM for example.

So, I like AFM because -

1. Fantastic callouts
2. Fantastic flow
3. Great theme
4. Great ruleset
5. Fast game so adrenalin really flows

I used to think it was all about shooting the ship but there is a lot more strategy in that if you don't set up multiballs at the right time, you won't get through the countries. Probably why I never do:D

Strobe multiball is awesome as well.

And it is one of those rare games that a total beginner gets and enjoys, and an expert can try and rule the universe. Never done it so don't know how awesome that feels!

Video mode is a bit pants though:confused:

Video mode on AFM is fabulous - plus there's the second one where you defend the babies from the eagles (or even better, from the cows). Do you mean that it's too easy, or too hard?

I love everything about it, the humour, the jiggling aliens, the fact it's hard to beat and so satisfying to finally achieve it (once so far).

I love it so much, I had this costume made

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170317_bd5e2ca579694fadb9615ed86f9373dc.jpg

May have to wheel it out again this year

Just shows how little I know as had no idea there is a second video mode!!

Wow, that sounds better than the only one I knew - shooting the ships left to right. Er, pants because I have never completed it....:oops:

MMr has been the least problematic game in the last 5 years!
Video mode on AFM is fabulous - plus there's the second one where you defend the babies from the eagles (or even better, from the cows). Do you mean that it's too easy, or too hard?

I love everything about it, the humour, the jiggling aliens, the fact it's hard to beat and so satisfying to finally achieve it (once so far).

I love it so much, I had this costume made

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170317_bd5e2ca579694fadb9615ed86f9373dc.jpg

May have to wheel it out again this year
i want it :thumbs:

oh yeah :confused:

btw the key to beating the video mode is not to strafe all the way left and right, just to left and right top corners; and remember your smart bomb

Got this yesterday!:):cool:

View in browser

xw3c.img.ah.d.sendibm4.com_7rotpbt2dfe.png
PPS Remake News!

News about Chicago Gaming / Planetary Pinball game remakes - both current and future, currently Medieval Madness Remake and the new Attack From Mars Remake.

PPS REMAKE NEWS!...See Past News HERE!
PPS PARTS NEWS!...See Past News HERE!

Following on the success of the Medieval Madness™ Remake, Chicago Gaming Company brings you the Attack From Mars™ Remake (AFMR). You will be blown away by the all-new features in this game!

NOTE: THERE WILL BE MORE INFO COMING DURING THIS WEEK 3/20-3/26(FEATURES, FLYER, PRICING, PICS, etc)!

xw3c.img.ah.d.sendibm4.com_7rouhrt2dfe.jpg

PPS IS TAKING DEPOSITS ... Starting March 24th 5PM CST. If you are interested in a game from PPS (authorized AFMR reseller) click HERE!

3 different invasions are imminent!
xw3c.img.ah.d.sendibm4.com_7roz8ft2dfe.png

The Attack From Mars Limited Edition is pictured below...there are different trim options which will be announced soon.

xw3c.img.ah.d.sendibm4.com_7rp00vt2dfe.jpg

Well, everyone likes different games which is great.

I find MM dull compared to AFM for example.

So, I like AFM because -

1. Fantastic callouts
2. Fantastic flow
3. Great theme
4. Great ruleset
5. Fast game so adrenalin really flows

I used to think it was all about shooting the ship but there is a lot more strategy in that if you don't set up multiballs at the right time, you won't get through the countries. Probably why I never do:D

Strobe multiball is awesome as well.

And it is one of those rare games that a total beginner gets and enjoys, and an expert can try and rule the universe. Never done it so don't know how awesome that feels!

Video mode is a bit pants though:confused:
Second this. Apart from the video mode comment....... I like it, kind of old skool video game vibe to it

I'm also firmly in the AFM > MM camp.

Never understood the fuss over MM. It's perfectly 'OK' but why many treat it like the holy grail of pinball is just baffling.

Think I'm going to go for black - I like the green but in the room I ave for it not sure it will go

Oh I could paint the room!

Colour looks good again:thumbs:

According to PPS there is a possibility that the extra large screen will also be available as a mod for MMR.

Colour looks good again:thumbs:

According to PPS there is a possibility that the extra large screen will also be available as a mod for MMR.
a

I hope so as it would be good to keep the machines with the same look and feel ala WPC-95.

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom