What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Attack from Mars remake

Im not sure how a product made in the UK can be compared to a product made outside of the UK on the exchange rate to import. I predict Alien will be significantly cheaper.

UK price is on website no?
Yea the UK prices are in the website but it defaults to USD. You have to look at the full details of an item and then there is a drop down box for different currencies.

Alien Standard: £5650
Alien LE: £6650

Back to AFM remake talk, that extra wide screen colour DMD looks pretty good.
I would prefer them to remake Monster Bash, but I am sure that will be eventually remade as well.
With the speed of releasing MMR and now details of AFMR, I imagine it will be a good couple years before the next title is released after AFMR, plenty of time to keep saving, by then prices will definely be around the £10k mark :eek:.

Monster Bash will never happen owing to licensing issues.

If I was PPS I'd be focused next on Cactus Canyon.

I have to reflect on my experience with MMR. The machine has been bullet proof, its beautifully made (apart from one issue) and plays well. The colour DMD is a mark above the colorDMD, the shaker is beautifully integrated and I'm super pleased with it. I got mine for 6K which is cheap for MMR. The only downside with it was the print on some of the inserts but the diffuser deals with it well enough. There is no wear on it and if I could buy all my williams pins again as remakes I would in a flash just from the mechanical reliability of them.

Monster Bash will never happen owing to licensing issues.

If I was PPS I'd be focused next on Cactus Canyon.
Well, Rick has said next title is either -
MB
CC
BBB
Kingpin

And supposedly it won't be difficult to get MB licence.

I'm sure I read from Rick that he didn't think MB would happen but if it is going to happen then I might flog my MB and buy a remake! I think they would get more from CC though, its a good game and not really widely available/played.

Neil.

Some of the price predictions on Pinside are mental. They should be careful what they wish for Rick is reading :sad: . Probably why they haven't announced pricing yet, waiting to see what the reaction to the different models is.

Love the screen and speakers but that green trim looks ridiculous. If any colour, red surely?

I'm sure I read from Rick that he didn't think MB would happen but if it is going to happen then I might flog my MB and buy a remake! I think they would get more from CC though, its a good game and not really widely available/played.

Neil.
Well, it was Rick who wrote about the next remake on PPS forum but really, only he knows;)

Has the actual release date been announced or is it "coming soon"? Always loved AFM. Nice, simple game. Great for kids and novices as it's easy to see what to go for. Not sure I'd want to spend 8.5k on any game though, that's a serious lump of cash. No real complaints in terms of build quality with my MMr. Do we know who's assembling this one if it's not Stern again.

Has the actual release date been announced or is it "coming soon"? Always loved AFM. Nice, simple game. Great for kids and novices as it's easy to see what to go for. Not sure I'd want to spend 8.5k on any game though, that's a serious lump of cash. No real complaints in terms of build quality with my MMr. Do we know who's assembling this one if it's not Stern again.
It states on pinside it will be built in house.....

Well, thats another 15K page long thread on pinside on why PPS and chicago gaming are really ancient annunaki lizard gods, hell bent on denying decent clearcoat to the masses in order to power their spaceships or some shiz.

MMR was brilliant - as is MM.
Sure they will do the same job this time with another classic.

These are probably being made in the Stern factory again - as much as I was not a fan of Sterns in the early days - I must say they are really well made. I never thought I would consider a non Bally/Williams game.

Mr Palmers' warranty is second to none in the UK. Sure you will be able to get parts in the future for these games. Only one company in the UK would get my cash for a NIB pin.

Nope being made at Chicago gaming.

In my view MMR is one of the best build quality games out there.

One of the reasons they have been taking so long to announce is that they want to move to shipping very quickly and not have the long lead time.

Back
Top Bottom