What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Attack from Mars remake

Surprised at the interest at £7100 when you can buy a mint original for under £5k

I struggled to sell my very nice one last year for £3750

Surprised at the interest at £7100 when you can buy a mint original for under £5k

I struggled to sell my very nice one last year for £3750
You can't get a mint one for under £6,000 now if you can find a mint one. Brand new out of box with all new electronics. It's a great game and if your going to spend £6,000 for a restored one with wrinkles around legs and old components you may as well spend a little more and get brand new in my eyes on such a good classic.

ace!

"What is being done with AFMR LE for existing MMR LE customers is to give them the ability to have the same LE# that they had for MMR LE and prioritize them in line for a game from Chicago Gaming. The stipulation is that a deposit be received by April 15th ... that is new as of this morning and had come from a conference call with all the resellers."

why would anyone care about having the same number, seriously?

apologies to anyone here that does, but i can imagine when you are showing your friends round your gamesroom, and point out that your LE number is the same on your games, their collective eyebrow raising and eye rolling could cause some butterfly wings to set off a tsunami reaction somewhere in the space time continuum. maybe that's what caused/will cause the big one on boxing day 15 years ago

If you are spending 7k+ on a machine and the number matters to you then why not get the seller to sell it to you? Didn't you have to pay more money to get a specific number last time? People spend money on all sorts of things I don't understand but if it makes them happy..... I'd probably prefer number 001 to 734 but it really does make **** all difference

Something I'll never understand is the amount people spend on personal number plates. Three letters that vaguely look like your nameo_O

oh i don't give a stuff about the number, but the fact the will be ahead of the queue I do care about :D

it won't get you ahead of the queue Neil, I'm not gonna ship the "ahead of the queue" ones then "back of the queue" ones at different times! They will ship on ONE container, just yours will be first out :)

it won't get you ahead of the queue Neil, I'm not gonna ship the "ahead of the queue" ones then "back of the queue" ones at different times! They will ship on ONE container, just yours will be first out :)

I knew it was too good to be true lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/afm-for-trade-or-sale-the-creamy-one.32555/

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/attack-from-mars-for-sale.33304/

2 sold in the last 12months for £4500. Both about as "mint" as you can get

Have prices really gone that daft now that they've jumped another £2500 in 12months?

I haven't seen any anywhere near that price in the last 12 months otherwise they'd be sitting in my basement right now. I think the cheapest I've seen in 3yrs has been around £5500

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/afm-for-trade-or-sale-the-creamy-one.32555/

Have prices really gone that daft now that they've jumped another £2500 in 12months?

Small point in that there are restored AFM'S and then there are original i.e original playfield with screen printed cabinet. Prices do vary massively depending on what you fancy. Same with MM in the USA - very nice originals sell for way more than MMR's.

And now there are 3 models of AFMR to add to the mix!

I owned the first one of those and while it was in very nice condition, it was far from mint. Since being restored it's had several owners and been to a few shows, it's had many thousands of plays and several repairs. A brand new game is worth the extra in my opinion.

I owned the first one of those and while it was in very nice condition, it was far from mint. Since being restored it's had several owners and been to a few shows, it's had many thousands of plays and several repairs. A brand new game is worth the extra in my opinion.
I agree mate unless the price difference was a lot more. If I could get a re-decaled and new playfield machine for around £4000 I would but when you are talking more you may as well buy new if it's going to be a keeper. I hope they do cactus canyon and monster bash as again they will be up there in the prices especially cactus canyon will work out cheaper on a new one than a restored one. Of course I would love a original in both but they are near impossible to find. Buy new on these top games I think.

I appreciate that, but on the flip side Bally/Williams games have stood the test of time. 2 decades later and they are still going strong and every part is available to buy if anything breaks.

We've got no idea what is going to happen with the remakes in 5-10 years and if boards like this will even be replaceable?

IMG_7158.JPG

Not trying to be awkward. I remember a couple of years back when MMR was announced most people were happy to pay £6500 as the originals were pushing that anyway. The consensus at the time though was that AFM/CC/MB would be a harder sell at that price. Now the bog standard AFM is £7k+ and the Premium version is £8500 :eek:

Dialled in, Alien, Aerosmith are equal in price if not less than that and they have had to be designed and programmed from the ground up. It seems like PP are taking people's eyes out

Reactions: DRD
The new screen is awesome and as an original owner, that is the bit I miss most.

Add Houdini to list of competitors though as it looks jammed with features.

Back
Top Bottom