What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Attack from Mars remake

Only room for one tall one and had to move T2 on first. Well pleased with the topper though. Certainly adds some presence

Attachments

• A955EBD1-BC62-48B7-9C2B-548828C18D45.jpeg
    A955EBD1-BC62-48B7-9C2B-548828C18D45.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 64
I've just set up my Attack from Mars original 1995 machine. Plays fantastic.. I'll post more details next week. Love this one alot but will be selling soon as need space.

My original afm was great, prefer it to the remake for some reason. Got a remake when I missed the original but didn’t hang on to it long.

My original afm was great, prefer it to the remake for some reason. Got a remake when I missed the original but didn’t hang on to it long.
Your original definitely played better/smoother than my remake . I think my remake needs a bit of tweaking but I’m not sure how . Still love it though!

Most AFM's have had twenty years of dialling in.

AFMR needs it also:

1: Replacement of the launch plate on early models*
2: Replacement of the ball guide on the right inside on early models*
3: Replacement of the right popper with a NOS one
4: Tweak of the popper launch so it always lands middle left flipper.

I really struggled with 3, but then upped the coil strength and now its spot on.

You can also find that changing the post rubbers will help AFMR behave more like AFM as the post rubbers are slightly wider.

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most AFM's have had twenty years of dealing in.

AFMR needs it also:

1: Replacement of the launch plate on early models*
2: Replacement of the ball guide on the right inside on early models*
3: Replacement of the right popper with a NOS one
4: Tweak of the popper launch so it always lands middle left flipper.

I really struggled with 3, but then upped the coil strength and now its spot on.

You can also find that changing the post rubbers will help AFMR behave more like AFM as the post rubbers are slightly wider.

Neil.
Thanks Neil
What do you mean by the replacement of the ball guide?

early games had a wrong shaped ball guide the affected launch.

early games had a wrong shaped ball guide the affected launch.
Oh I fixed that by bending it rather than replacing it

The SOL popper isn’t how I’d like it. It was at first but now seems to drop a little too near the centre . So you actually replaced the whole mech?

I've just set up my Attack from Mars original 1995 machine. Plays fantastic.. I'll post more details next week. Love this one alot but will be selling soon as need space.
Bit late posting back here's my Attack From Mars. AFM. I'll list on ebay very soon. IMG_20190722_210724.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190722_210724.jpg
    IMG_20190722_210724.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
@Retrogames

Forum rules are that you must state a price on your AFM advert

It would get more interest if you put it in the Games For Sale thread

GLWS

Oh I fixed that by bending it rather than replacing it

The SOL popper isn’t how I’d like it. It was at first but now seems to drop a little too near the centre . So you actually replaced the whole mech?

yes but its not the problem, I put a bigger coil in on the popper and boom now works really well.

Let me take a look tomorrow.

First try turning the power down (yes doesn’t make sense but for some has worked).

You do that in the CGC menus (hold select)

Nell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom