What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iron Maiden is next Stern pin!

Is the red armour the same stuff that’s on a Star Trek premium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking at the video again - looks very similar colour maybe a little lighter but the design is different as it’s more lollipop style on IMDN.

WOW!

Iron maiden is freaking awesome! So many shots; so much choice in modes and then so much opportunity in modifiers - it’s really fantastic! The hype is real! If you are on the fence in this game then don’t be- it’s really good! I have a few dodgy videos of my dodgy play I’ll upload when I get back to the hotel.

The music is crap but run to the hills is bareable. Need to watch Deadflip’s stream again to learn how to play it.

WOW!

Iron maiden is freaking awesome! So many shots; so much choice in modes and then so much opportunity in modifiers - it’s really fantastic! The hype is real! If you are on the fence in this game then don’t be- it’s really good! I have a few dodgy videos of my dodgy play I’ll upload when I get back to the hotel.

The music is crap but run to the hills is bareable. Need to watch Deadflip’s stream again to learn how to play it.

Compared to TNA - which would you choose if it could only be one of those games?

Compared to TNA - which would you choose if it could only be one of those games?
I was thinking same thing for a few months. All the reports suggest Maiden is unlike any other game and is a player's dream.

It is clip's like these that show how much thought has gone into the code. The power of loops.....insane scoring.

And there is a hidden wizard mode ( run to the hills ) in the wizard mode ( number of the beast )!

I really enjoyed playing TNA but Maiden is on another level - just my opinion though.

My Met Premium is making way for a TNA. I've had a couple of m̶u̶s̶i̶c̶ band pins now so fancied a change and I'll still have my WOZ and VP cab. I don't think you can go wrong either way as both should be easily tradeable/sellable if you fancy a change. Will TNA be the harder of the two to get hold of in future?

EDIT: If Iron Maiden was a different theme it would have made the decision a lot harder.

Last edited:
My Met Premium is making way for a TNA. I've had a couple of music pins now so fancied a change and I'll still have my WOZ and VP cab. I don't think you can go wrong either way as both should be easily tradeable/sellable if you fancy a change. Will TNA be the harder of the two to get hold of in future?

EDIT: If Iron Maiden was a different theme it would have made the decision a lot harder.

I'd still class TNA as a music pin, and i would much rather encourage the creativity and smaller companies over Stern, but Maiden seems to be on another level gameplay wise.

The Maiden theme does little for me, much prefer TNA, but both are better than TWD.

I was thinking same thing for a few months. All the reports suggest Maiden is unlike any other game and is a player's dream.

It is clip's like these that show how much thought has gone into the code. The power of loops.....insane scoring.

And there is a hidden wizard mode ( run to the hills ) in the wizard mode ( number of the beast )!

I really enjoyed playing TNA but Maiden is on another level - just my opinion though.

Forum member nearby will have an LE, so i'll probably just play that for my fix. Although i did go and buy a Met Pro off the back of playing his Met Prem... :cuckoo:

It's easily the most accessible and fun game in my current line-up now.

I just wish i was wealthier! Don't play all that often compared to some, but when i do i like a bit of choice.

WOW!

Well 2 months ago I bet you never thought you'd be putting iron maiden in the new pin shed,lol.More chance of getting struck by lightning..
Now look at you...... premium upgraded to the Le.
Obviously a secret maiden fan was in there just waiting to get out. :thumbs:

So it’s not a better game than TWD in my view!

If I had to choose I’d choose TNA but they are both excellent games.

As crazy as it might sound IMDN and Indy 500 are quite similar put a flipper at the top of Indy 500 and the shots are not that different. The ruleset Of IMDN is quite different and how you are in the modes and the modifiers which are crucial to a high score. Looping shots are also quite important but I suck at those!

Well 2 months ago I bet you never thought you'd be putting iron maiden in the new pin shed,lol.More chance of getting struck by lightning..
Now look at you...... premium upgraded to the Le.
Obviously a secret maiden fan was in there just waiting to get out. :thumbs:

I had my noise cancelling headphones in the whole night listening to Disco music :) :) :)

I had my noise cancelling headphones in the whole night listening to Disco music :) :) :)

Have to admit I am super curious as to how your Maiden disco version pans out! There will be no other game like it on planet earth;)

I had a few more tournament games on it last night, bits of it are starting to click with me and so it's getting a lot more fun. Game knowledge super important though - as Neil says if you know where the modifiers are (I don't!) it seems like you can get hundreds of millions in seconds, otherwise you can play what feels like an epic ball, look up and you only scored 50m.

TNA is a lot more approachable for the guest I'd say, but won't have the depth.

I know everyone that buys a pro says this and also claims better flow etc but the Pro has the best side art imo

I had a few more tournament games on it last night, bits of it are starting to click with me and so it's getting a lot more fun. Game knowledge super important though - as Neil says if you know where the modifiers are (I don't!) it seems like you can get hundreds of millions in seconds, otherwise you can play what feels like an epic ball, look up and you only scored 50m.

TNA is a lot more approachable for the guest I'd say, but won't have the depth.

where are you ChriX? I'm in NYC? going down to sunshine tonight as its their tourney night.

I think they all look great, with the huge difference in cost between each model would anyone actually base their buying decision on the artwork?

They all look great - well done Stern ....but I think I like the Pro artwork overall the best. The Premium is a little too Egyptian/The Mummy for me.

Though if I was ever in a position to be buying a NIB ........ :rolleyes: I'd be going Premium for the full game experience.

Back
Top Bottom