What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iron Maiden is next Stern pin!

Nice Steve! I've had a blast playing this game over the past month, it seems to be universally loved. Finally got the hang of most of what's going on. The super skill shot is a very rewarding thing if you can hit it reliably (I can't).

£2 a credit!?

Love the secret wizard mode that is going into the game - run to the hills.

Sounds like only the best players on the planet will find it on factory settings - Keith has added it to provide extra challenge for players like Bowen!

This game might end up being Stern's best in terms of code and shot geometry.

The fact that Keith hasn't got to this mode yet , tells me it is going to be one of those legendary challenges for years to come;)

This game might end up being Stern's best in terms of code and shot geometry.

I don't think so. Code in my view TWD is still along way ahead and shot geometry is probably Spiderman. Some of the shots are clunky from bottom flippers. Its still an excellent game. Sad a few issues are cropping up with the game though,

Cheers,
Neil

Haven't played it but agree it won't be a flow monster like SM.

I guess we will see in the future but the reason I think it might surpass TWD is that Keith has designed a set of rules for all types of players ( think AFM ), so beginners can enjoy hitting the bullseye, and top players can collect tomb awards and try and defeat the beast, and then find the hidden wizard mode.

They seem equally as deep, but there appears to be more breadth in Maiden rules.

And there are a fair few update still to come.

I love the fact that Keith changes rules immediately if he notices players avoiding certain modes. He just added a ton of points to hallowed be thy name for example.

Hey, it's a Stern game - there are always issues;)

Haven't played it but agree it won't be a flow monster like SM.

I guess we will see in the future but the reason I think it might surpass TWD is that Keith has designed a set of rules for all types of players ( think AFM ), so beginners can enjoy hitting the bullseye, and top players can collect tomb awards and try and defeat the beast, and then find the hidden wizard mode.

They seem equally as deep, but there appears to be more breadth in Maiden rules.

And there are a fair few update still to come.

I love the fact that Keith changes rules immediately if he notices players avoiding certain modes. He just added a ton of points to hallowed be thy name for example.

Hey, it's a Stern game - there are always issues;)

I think the modifiers add a little to the game for sure but TWD has multikill for example. Most pinball games have a beginner thing and a pro thing, Prison/Well Walker on TWD and Drop target modes. Don't forget Batman '66 when finished I think will be hard to beat for rules but the ramp shots are clunky, in the end though its good news for the average pinball player :D Although it will be interesting to see what is still to come as given Keith has started work on his next game. Have you got one on order Replay?

Cheers,
Neil.

The really good news is that Stern seem to be focusing more resources on code now, which is good for all future games. I do like music pins so I think possibilities are high:)

Is there any info on the secret wizard mode at all? This is the first I have heard of it!

I haven't even done Cyborg or the other two yet (forget what they are called). Not worked out how to collect the 4 Eddies in the centre yet either, I have had one or maybe two lit but not sure how I did it.

Only that it will take about 45 minutes to get to - think you have to do everything, collect 10 tomb awards, defeat the beast etc ...... seems like it's a fun secret wizard mode for the very best players out there...... Bowen etc.

It is coming in .99 code apparently.

Only that it will take about 45 minutes to get to - think you have to do everything, collect 10 tomb awards, defeat the beast etc ...... seems like it's a fun secret wizard mode for the very best players out there...... Bowen etc.

It is coming in .99 code apparently.

btw - if you know about it - its not so secret :D

Not worked out how to collect the 4 Eddies in the centre yet either, I have had one or maybe two lit but not sure how I did it.
I played this over at Electric Circus yesterday for a few hours and had a blast.

SPOILER ALERT:

From what I worked out

The 4 Eddie cards are lit by:
1. Playing all of the modes, up to and including "2 minutes to midnight"
2. Getting SJP in Mummy MB
3. Playing Cyborg MB, by completing all of the power shots
4. Getting SJP in Trooper MB

I managed 3 out of 4 twice. 1 & 2 I had the most difficulty with.

It's great to see so many different high score entries.

As well as the normal GC, high score tables, mode scores, MB scores, there are things like most spinner hits, loop jackpots. When I had my name on 21 times!

I also think that it flows great - IF you are hitting your shots, but then again, if you're not hitting your shots on any game it's not going to flow.

It's great to see so many different high score entries.

As well as the normal GC, high score tables, mode scores, MB scores, there are things like most spinner hits, loop jackpots. When I had my name on 21 times!

I also think that it flows great - IF you are hitting your shots, but then again, if you're not hitting your shots on any game it's not going to flow.

thats true :D and probably true of me lol; but I think this game will need constant tweaking to keep the shots flowing as well as they should.

Thanks Wayne for the explanation!

TBH I wasn't really into the music but I enjoy it whilst playing.

The most annoying thing I have found with machines on route is they vary rarely reliably make the autolaunch into the ball lock so instead of all balls dropping at once as they are supposed to you end up with a mess of a multiball start. Most autolaunched balls rattle round in the entrance to the loop then fall out. The operator with the best machines here in San Diego was telling me he stripped it down, waxed it and set it all up from scratch straight out the box with Titan rings etc., and it shows, it plays so much nicer than others I have found. Now it has PinStadium too it's a really nice machine to empty money into!

Thanks Wayne for the explanation!

TBH I wasn't really into the music but I enjoy it whilst playing.

The most annoying thing I have found with machines on route is they vary rarely reliably make the autolaunch into the ball lock so instead of all balls dropping at once as they are supposed to you end up with a mess of a multiball start. Most autolaunched balls rattle round in the entrance to the loop then fall out. The operator with the best machines here in San Diego was telling me he stripped it down, waxed it and set it all up from scratch straight out the box with Titan rings etc., and it shows, it plays so much nicer than others I have found. Now it has PinStadium too it's a really nice machine to empty money into!

yup agreed, the plunge on this game is going to be a royal pain in the rear to keep working well.

another thing to watch out for on the pro; the weld on the left ramp near where it drops the ball back onto the playfield is poorly done causing two issues, on worse cases the ball will hop into the outlane and drain - I had this happen to me on the game at NYCPC but didn't think much of it. In other cases its badly scratching the balls (which will cause playfield damage).

The Premium/LE looks pretty crap from a switch point of view, the Orb and Sarcophagus mechs need a lot of switches to be adjusted to people even resorting to changing the switches completely.

Neil.

so who else got one? more impressions pease ? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom