What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iron Maiden is next Stern pin!

J.C.Rox

Site Supporter
So many rumours but nothing actually leaked, I don't even know what the secret code name is at Stern for the next release, like Donuts was used for Star wars. Anyone have any concrete info?

Amongst the speculation on pinside I found this gem....

"When I was a pup only the white trash kids who’s parents smoked generic ciggerettes & drove a Ford Tempo were the folks to wear Iron Maiden T-shirts.

It was an indicator of a persons socioeconomic status almost.

Sorta like those weird Indian dream catchers people hang up in their single wide trailer.

Or those wolf shirts... How does one reach a point in life where they buy wolf shirts at a gas station?

The real pièce de résistance is a dream catcher with a wolf on it. Hang it up in a trailer next to a Monte Carlowhilst wearing an Iron Maiden shirt in Nebraska or Missouri & odds are a whitetrash vortex will open up & alter space/time while destroying our planet."

I really hope not. These music pins man, none of the themes work for me. I like Metallica as a game but there's only so many times I want to hear For Whom The Bell Tolls or whatever. So many cool potential licences, another metal pin would be super dull

It's 99.99999 % certain!

Unofficially confirmed on pinside by those in the know.

Zombiyeti art. Keith Elwin design.

People aren't sure if it's his Archer layout which is pretty awesome.

Reveal supposed to be next week.

Could never get in to Iron Maiden, so for that reason Gary I’m out :D

Yea this isn't a pin for me, so many other opportunities... but this will, undoubtedly, sell.

Could never get in to Iron Maiden, so for that reason Gary I’m out :D

I have a few music pins,Metallica,G n R and Ramones.Don't get sick of the music,if anything art package is as important,prob why I don't have an ac/dc (mind u the dancing stick men **** me off too).
So,based on the rumours the Maiden art would be killer,the song list based on the vid game is pretty strong,and IF archer layout that would be cool.
So just left with the biggie- the code.Look at games like Metallica,twd,bm66 all were severely lacking in the code department but eventually did get very good.Stern,to me have the rep of lyman games getting there eventually with great code,whereas with other programmers you get the odd revision so that's it.
So this is starting to tick a fair few boxes I am guessing Elwin coming up with a lot of rules and then a coder programming it for him.
so much is on the coding.
Tied in with that GOOD use of the display, AS and SW do little for me with what's on the display whereas BM 66 uses the display very well.Be interested with what they do on the display .

Deadpool is killer theme too for me,tho would way prefer comic art rather than the great film

Agree code is make/break on a game like Maiden.
Some people already have a picture of the Deadpool playfield but you gotta be in the club to get them and I ain't in it:rolleyes:
2 flippers, sword lock like LOTR.
And it is supposed to be based on the comic.
But who will do the voices?

Yes, it's called Iron Maiden Legacy of The Beast (based on the comic and video of the same name) http://ironmaidenlegacy.com/

Info out next week
That is great news, the more Eddie and less band-centric the better imho, that way it's about a time travelling cool anti hero type character as opposed to leotard wearing middle aged men. (I'm a huge Maiden fan btw!)

That is great news, the more Eddie and less band-centric the better imho, that way it's about a time travelling cool anti hero type character as opposed to leotard wearing middle aged men. (I'm a huge Maiden fan btw!)
Couldn't agree more. I'm a huge fan too....

Would love an Iron Maiden pin and a Metallica. Just checked my Euromillions ticket. Might have to wait a bit longer.

Anyone see this on sky arts the other day. What a bunch of legends.

Yes mate, totally confirmed what a global bunch of megga-rock gods these boys are. I ended up watching a load of Blaze Bayley Maiden gigs from the dark no Bruce days, he actually wasn't that bad, just as bit wooden on stage. He's still dining out on his glory days of course....

Phantom of the opera, 22 Acacia Avenua, run to the hills, murder in the rue morgue, charlot the harlot, Transylvania, the number of the beast to name just a few from memory

However as ex-maiden singers go this Paul Di'anno one with subtitles is brill! :rofl:

Watched that the other day. Even I can sing lke him.Funny as.

I'm hoping the next one is maiden. See if I can persuade the better half because she quite likes em too.
You thinking of going for it Jon?

what would people say were great tracks by them ?

Wasted years,powerslave,aces high,run to the hills,trooper,evil that men do,number of the beast,2 minutes to midnight,fear of the dark.Mebbe wicker man,and if in cheesy mood bring your daughter

So many to choose from! Prolific band. Fear of the Dark is my favourite.

Tho a pet hate with maiden is bass that is too prominent,I like bass but its too prominent,guess that's what happens when main man is bass player

Back
Top Bottom