What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Fish Tales

Regarding the casting handle, is there any tendency among owners to re-instate the illuminated button originally fitted to the earliest examples? I think the lamp wiring remained present throughout the production run, though of course the lamp may have been written out of any software updates.

The first one I unpacked had an illuminated cast button, which AIR was translucent yellow. It didn't survive long at the first location (The Cabbage Patch, Twickenham), and the later button was supplied, along with a large washer to hold it between the two halves of the casting (pun not intended). What wasn't supplied was the presumably custom-made square black button holder seen in the pictures above. This machine was left with the button in a depression, which quickly filled up with cigarette ash and other detritus.

Before I started the strip down and before a bought the caster there was a switch with a light on it , which did work ,I think it flashed when it was ready to put a ball in play.
This machine is running on the old code ,so perhaps that's why the light was working !

Left flipper plate now fitted :thumbs:
2 new flipper coils are also now fitted.
Still cleaning metal work on the boat ramp
Stripped and clean the boat playfield ,taken the Mylar off :thumbs:
Boat playfield having some TLC thanks Chris :thumbs:
Ripped out that clock counter which was using the power for the Knocker :eek: :clap:
Sorry Chaps keep on forgetting to take pics :oops:image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Not much happening at the mo !
The casters have gone to Niphos in Crewe to be chromed ,this is going to take about 6week to be done :(
Just have a few roll over switches to be cleaned now
And this came in the post today ......image.jpeg

Cool, where'd you track it down? I'm mid cab rebuild.
Just waiting for the mirror foil to arrive to stick under the lamps and inside the topper dome

Really impressed with the cheap I decals from Europe.
image.jpeg

Thanks Carl. The only problem with having it so mint is you notice any little dink. I was hoovering the cab out earlier and dragged the Hoover hose passed the back box and chipped a little bit of the corner off :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Then leant a screwdriver against the edge whilst tightening a screw and put a pressure mark In the wood :mad::mad::mad::mad: then spun it round into the skirting board and scuffed the new decal :mad::mad::mad::mad:

You need a fricking operating theatre to work on the damn thing.

Found a piece of ply ,so started on the topper !
Place a piece of paper on the fish marked around and maked holes for the bolts
image.jpg
image.jpg
Drill holes for lamps ,bolts and plunger hole !
Fitting the washers and bolts in the fish was a bit of a pig !
image.jpg
Than check to see if it fit'simage.jpg
image.jpg
:clap:

No decal for the board as of yet ......
But might pop to the pet shop and see what fish tank back ground I can use ;)

M O P have restocked the shell decals , I spotted on Tuesday night ,so may be here somtime Friday / Saturday :thumbs:

Ok this is where I am at ,with the topper
Coil on
Lights all connected on the backboard image.jpg
Started on the light strip tonight it's 230mm long with lights at 89mm centres !
And the shell decals arrived today too :thumbs:
Picked up the boat ramp today from @chris platt !!
Looks really good:thumbs:
The fish now has the metal plate fitted also .image.jpg

Pic of fantastic work done by Chris :):thumbs:
image.jpg
Now that's going to make it a bit harder to wax now !:oops:
Must stop putting hardware back on:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ok this is where I am at :D
image.jpg
:popcorn:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Had a couple of issues on boot up:confused:
Left boat switch not working.........wire come off the tab!
Left sling not working .........thick wire had power thin wire had none,
Coil wire not soldered to the tab:rolleyes:
Game auto shoots ball into
Play ................. Not reconnect the switch :tut:
So in all ,it's now a fully working machine:clap:
So let's see it that topper works............
image.jpg
:clap::clap: Fook me that's load !!
All working ,the only thing I have notice is the lower GI in the back box are not lit , will have a look a bit later ,most likely a bad connection ,hopfully:rolleyes:

So in all ,it's now a fully working machine:clap:
So let's see it that topper works............
View attachment 28025
:clap::clap: Fook me that's load !!
All working ,the only thing I have notice is the lower GI in the back box are not lit , will have a look a bit later ,most likely a bad connection ,hopfully:rolleyes:

Locations used to ask me to disable the fish - there isn't (or wasn't then) a software adjustment, so I'd pull the coil return wire out of the connector for the topper.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a software adjustment on mine..... After I'd disconnected the plug!!

For me the noise was too much so id rather it was off.

Don't really want to disable the fish,I have looked about on the inter web and found that some have change the coil ,for a weeker one or added a couple of rubbers to the shaft of the plunger !

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a software adjustment on mine..... After I'd disconnected the plug!!

For me the noise was too much so id rather it was off.

The ones I was dealing with were early examples; an adjustment for the fish was probably added to later editions. It's the sort of thing I'd imagine ops asking for.

Back
Top Bottom