What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Fish Tales

Ok !
I have now lost my head :D

image.jpg
Now starting to sort the damaged head out !
image.jpg
Going to cut all of that out , by cutting the full width of the head,but first I have taken the fillet piece of by the lock so the joint will be hidden :thumbs:
image.jpg
image.jpg
So that's all for tonight ,I am making to much noise in the house :rolleyes:

Hi Carl great work :clap: out of interest what filler are you using for the corners? I find the high performance Ronseal great for filling but it is easily damaged on corners and am looking for something a little more robust
I have used Chemical metal buddy :thumbs:
Then i am going to go over the hole lot with the 2 part Ronseal filler ,just to see how flat and smooth I can get it .Think I read it somewhere ,but then again I could be wrong :hmm:

Ok !
I have now lost my head :D

View attachment 28444
Now starting to sort the damaged head out !
View attachment 28445
Going to cut all of that out , by cutting the full width of the head,but first I have taken the fillet piece of by the lock so the joint will be hidden :thumbs:
View attachment 28446
View attachment 28447
So that's all for tonight ,I am making to much noise in the house :rolleyes:

Prob too late but I have a Fish Tales backbox here in fair shape, I bought it for my old one but never got round to using it.

I have used Chemical metal buddy :thumbs:
Then i am going to go over the hole lot with the 2 part Ronseal filler ,just to see how flat and smooth I can get it .Think I read it somewhere ,but then again I could be wrong :hmm:

Fair play to you. I started out using Chemical metal, until i realised it took 24Hrs+ to cure, and realised that it was too hard to hand sand properly with higher grits.... :(

It is hard tho!

Fair play to you. I started out using Chemical metal, until i realised it took 24Hrs+ to cure, and realised that it was too hard to hand sand properly with higher grits.... :(

It is hard tho!
I used it because I had some :D
To be fair to it ,it's not that bad , you just apply it in one go and don't play with it . After something like 5 mins or so , you can pair it back with your chisel :)
Plus it does not stink like the other stuff :confused:

Do they sand it off first as mines had a black paint job at some point in its life that I'd like to see the back of and get it shiney'd up...

Hi Roger
All you need to do is to give them the 2 halves and they do the rest :thumbs:
The only problem is when I dropped them of ,they did say there is a 6 weeks waiting list and there was even a sign saying the same thing, But ...... It has taken about 10 weeks:eek:
When I finally picked them up that bloody sign now says 10 weeks now !
O and you have to polish into the tight spots as well :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom