What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Fish Tales

i think you mounted it a bit too much to the right carl but even if you do it perfect you still get white corners if you use the rounded side coin doors
its looking a bit better than when you picked it up :)

i think you mounted it a bit too much to the right carl but even if you do it perfect you still get white corners if you use the rounded side coin doors
its looking a bit better than when you picked it up :)
Hi Chris
It took me quite a bit to work it out ,so in the end I centralize the word "fish tales" ,which made it 3" going from the top of the letter "F" to the outside of the cab and this meant it left 3" for the edge of the letter "S" to the outside ,if that makes sense !
plus you can just make out the shadow pattern of the leg shape on the decal and this also works out at 3/4" on both sides measuring the top of the out line.
Wow that is a lot of writhing for me ,I think I need a lie down now :D

Lightly sanded the coin door and sprayed with hammerite smooth black and when it dryed ,it looked smooth and high gloss .
It looked yuk :confused:
Sorry I have a bad habit in not taking pics:hmm:
Anyway I accidentally mist sprayed the little flap ,which was hit by the fine mist of the overspray and that looked really good,so I resprayed it ,but this time holding the spray can about 2 to 3 foot away to try and recreate what it did to the little flap
Before pic (the only one I have of the coin door:sad:)
image.jpg
And after
image.jpg
image.jpg
Looks better in person ,but it stills looks good:thumbs:

Last edited:
Playfield in
Legs on
Head on
All wired up
Remote battery fitted
Switched on :thumbs:
Have to change to English and put date in etc
Starts and plays a game put no flippers :hmm:
To late for me to look what is wrong tonight but I bet it will be something simple ...........

Hopefully :rolleyes:

Reactions: RGV
Nearly all sorted now !!
Flippers was I did not connect up j904 on the flipper board :hmm:
Back to English now ( letter E is. The letter A )

Bourght some green plastic and made this ..........:popcorn:

Thank you guys for helping and me and a special thanks to @Spandangler for helping with the topper :thumbs:
Next job is I think there is a cover missing on the wire thing which goes to the reel

Nice work Carl. I won't be too disappointed if mine doesn't sell but I've got that 8 month, I haven't had a new game and I need one, sort of thing!

Yes I know what you mean
Don't know if I should sell STTNG and get a stern or, buy an older machine like space invader,which I should of got last year :confused:

@carl lawrence , that looks brilliant! Amazing transformation! And liking the black fading into the orange!

I see you have a Who Dunnit translite hanging on the wall....whats the condition of it like? :D lol

Dunc

@carl lawrence , that looks brilliant! Amazing transformation! And liking the black fading into the orange!

I see you have a Who Dunnit translite hanging on the wall....whats the condition of it like? :D lol

Dunc

Hi Dunc
Thanks for the kind words much appreciate it :thumbs:

And as for that translight ,sorry mate it's proper f##ked ,I just bought it about 8years ago and left it for safe keeping under my pin. Unfortunately my youngest son ,drawer on it with Crayon ,when he was about 4 I think :eek:

Last edited:
Carl, really looks great.

HOw did you produce the topper's water scene behind the fish pls ? Did you add the lure ? Or was it embedded in the file ?

And what did you clean the playfield with pls ?

image.jpeg
Carl, really looks great.

HOw did you produce the topper's water scene behind the fish pls ? Did you add the lure ? Or was it embedded in the file ?

And what did you clean the playfield with pls ?
Benjamn made the file for the topper ,and the we had it printed out the printers, there was a complication in th file size ,but it will do !
Not finished it yet I need to get a hook for it
image.jpeg
As for the cleaning of the playfield I used novus 1 and plenty of rags to remove the dirt ,once the area was clean I then use the treasure cover 2 then 1 . and yep I did use a drill and also by hand.

I take it from that and the S.10 door that this was originally a German-market game. If it had booted up with Fre**h text it would have been the 'R' section of the menu system to find the language adjustment.
I have Cut the resisters off the MPU ( some boards have the switches on them ) so this machine will always boot up in English :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom