What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Fish Tales

I used it because I had some :D
To be fair to it ,it's not that bad , you just apply it in one go and don't play with it . After something like 5 mins or so , you can pair it back with your chisel :)
Plus it does not stink like the other stuff :confused:

:eek: must be different to the one i had then!

and i like the smell of the "other stuff" ;)

:eek: must be different to the one i had then!

and i like the smell of the "other stuff" ;)
It Could still be the same stuff because I did not sand down till the next day !
I have notice that getting the mix and how long you mix these 2 part fillers alters how they work !
In other words they are a bitch to use :thumbs:

sandpaper and primer came of ebay on Friday :clap:
image.jpg
Much cheaper buying from ebay then the local shop :confused:
Did the mist coat and hair dryer method and no lifting of grain !:thumbs:

What is the mist coat and hair dryer method pls ?
Yep ! I have not really done any paint spraying before and I was told ,if you do a light coat of paint and then a blast with the hair dryer and so one ,this will stop the paint from runs because it is so easy to put too much on in one go ,and I am no professional !!
I have used 3 cans of 500ml primer ,lost count of how many coats I have put on ,but it does look good now :)
Black paint has arrived today :clap: So hopefully I will start spraying the stain black paint tomorrow after work if the weather is good :rolleyes:
In the mean time I have fitted a light mod ( ship ) in Star Trek, fitted a shaker motor and Benjamin has installed some new music on it as well :hmm: :)

Have you thought about using acrylic paint and a very good roller? I did this on my Royal Guard, looked great, and cheaper!!
Those 500ml spray cans are expensive for very little coverage.

Have you thought about using acrylic paint and a very good roller? I did this on my Royal Guard, looked great, and cheaper!!
Those 500ml spray cans are expensive for very little coverage.
I think I had to go down the spraying route because I need a flatter finish to fit the decals too .
6 can of primer cost £20 and £26 for satin black just small change compair to how much I have spend so far and more needs to be spent :rolleyes:

When I received the decals they where all nicely packed in a round tube :thumbs:
So to get them nice and flat I did this image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
Had this laying down under the pins to get all the wrinkles out and it worked :thumbs:

It would seem by denomination of parts remaining that mine has this arrangement
Is it a bodge or factory and most importantly will it matter??

The playfield was an absolute bugger to get out but I think that's because the brackets on the back of the playfield were really bent.
image.jpeg

The playfield was an absolute bugger to get out but I think that's because the brackets on the back of the playfield were really bent.
View attachment 29824
Earth strip goes to both of the bolts !
But the thing is as soon as you lift the playfield it snaps the earth strips :hmm:

Why not try crimping or soldering one of these on Carl?uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160508_a05c7fd83be4df142997a45aa304c2a3.jpg
The corners of the back of the playfield cuts the earth strips between the 2 bolts .so using these you will not be able to lower the playfield .
Let me think ......unless you do away with using the earth strips all together and bolt a earth wire direct to the under side of the playfield :thumbs:

View attachment 29824
With the playfield down the brackets are earth ,with the playfield up the brackets are not earthed !
Or am I looking at it the wrong way round so it will be opposite :hmm:

Hmmm ok. Well they weren't earthed before!! Dunno what to do really. I haven't got enough braid to reach.

And looks like I need 2 more of those playfield pivot things

Hmmm ok. Well they weren't earthed before!! Dunno what to do really. I haven't got enough braid to reach.

And looks like I need 2 more of those playfield pivot things
Undoing the bolts other day and they was a earthing brad behind the washer !
We could wire it direct ?

Back
Top Bottom