What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Fish Tales

They're all the same size on my FT. And if your earth braid keeps getting cut then maybe the catches on your slide assembly's are bent out of shape?

Spent a little time with the hair dryer today and it felt goooodd :cuckoo:
image.jpg
Not as quick as the heat gun but less glue left behind o_O
Sat the cab on the benches and found it too high :eek:
So..........image.jpg
Solution is do a make shift platform :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
All ready now for fill and sand and fill and sand and fill etc !!

Looking good. How are you finding the glue left over? I usually swill one side with white spirit and then scoop it all up with a razer blade. Works great and is quick too!

Hi @PeteB I have followed a chap on you tube called tatty Addams
And he used a hot gun and when he had finished you could see all the glue still on the cab ,then he did the white spirit and razer blade ;)
The hair dryer took longer but there was hardly any glue left behind :thumbs: (Pic's above of the cab are before I finish the process off :) )
Only did this method because I any right next to my ST and wanting to keep the dust down :rolleyes:
Looked at your shop log today and notice you done some work on the cab bottom :thumbs:
I am in the process of cleaning the bottom and thinking probably spray it black or green or even stencil the words fish tales on the bottom :cuckoo::hmm:

Will I thought I had scrapped the glue of ......NOT :eek:
image.jpg
As you can just about see ,at the bottom half of the pic ,all sanded now down to bare wood !
Top section past the drill bit has still has the glue still on ,oh and and by the leg holes is filler ,which will have to be done again ,cannot fill on top of glue :tut:
On a good note ,should have a tumbler coming in the next few days :)
Went to B&Q on Sunday and got me a cheep sander and then I hooked it up to my extractor (hover) which I use for the chop saw ;)

Will I thought I had scrapped the glue of ......NOT :eek:

Haha! I had to really resist the urge to make a "told you so" post. When you use a hair dryer, the lower heat actually leaves more glue on the wood than with a hot air gun, because it doesn't get as sticky. That's probably why you couldn't feel it.

Just requires a bit more work with the sander but the end result will be the same. I firmly believe in washing the glue off first though. :thumbs:

Haha! I had to really resist the urge to make a "told you so" post. When you use a hair dryer, the lower heat actually leaves more glue on the wood than with a hot air gun, because it doesn't get as sticky. That's probably why you couldn't feel it.

Just requires a bit more work with the sander but the end result will be the same. I firmly believe in washing the glue off first though. :thumbs:
Did think it was a bit strange not getting much glue off it at first:hmm:
But it is all part of learning :) And it was an excuse to buy a sander ,the over one I have is crap ,I gave it away about 7years ago :D

Sorry for hijacking your thread Carl. Hope you don't mind. I now have the correct set up for the playfield pivots but it's still a bugger to pull out. I can't get it to click to then lift it vertically, it just gets stuck. Very annoying.
In other news I'm really excited about the prospect of plugging this lot in :rolleyes:

image.jpeg

Sorry for hijacking your thread Carl. Hope you don't mind. I now have the correct set up for the playfield pivots but it's still a bugger to pull out. I can't get it to click to then lift it vertically, it just gets stuck. Very annoying.
In other news I'm really excited about the prospect of plugging this lot in :rolleyes:

View attachment 30836

Check the 2 brackets on the back of the pf arnt bent I had the same prob on bsd until I straightened them

Still haven't resolved the playfield lifting problem but I'll tackle that another time. I'm over it.
Just finished reassembly. Turned it on and it all worked. Phew!
Think I'll leave it a while before stripping it and cleaning it. Lost my restoring mojo for now

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Should of tape the paper down :tut:
Bit of a bleed through when spraying the back :oops:
On the plus side left the label on :D
image.jpeg

Well started to fit the decals
image.jpg
Sorry for the crap pic
That white boarder does not look right:hmm:
image.jpg
ffs the coin door does not cover it :(:(:(:(:tut::tut::(
Toys are now out of the pram :eek:

If it's any consolation mine are the same mate. It's unavoidable assuming they are the Croatian ones. Might be worth a message to him and tell him to get rid of the white coin door cut out ir reduce it in size

If it's any consolation mine are the same mate. It's unavoidable assuming they are the Croatian ones. Might be worth a message to him and tell him to get rid of the white coin door cut out ir reduce it in size
I think thay are the USA ones !

After a couple of mins I chilled out :clap:
Then spotted a coin door under my diner :hmm:
image.jpg
O ya ,O ya O ya :clap::clap:
That will do the trick ;)

Reactions: DRD
Forgot to say, did the weight thing again and I needed help time .. "Benjamin "
image.jpeg
This was the first side we did and we had no problems :thumbs:
I was a good boy and let my lad do the other side:oops:
And he did a super job !! We just had a couple of air pockets ,a bit of a squeeze and thay where all gone ;)
Just to say we use a big window squeeze to apply the decal and I think it did a good job for little old me :)

Back
Top Bottom