What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was offered that TFTC for £650. Was only up the road from me. Noticed wiredworm post about the stuff that needed doing and i thought it's to much for me to take on.
We went to see the guy and he was pushing for over £800 for it.

In the condition it was in it just wasn't worth the risk. The power cord had been cut off so he couldn't even power it up to show us it running whilst we were there, although amazingly he got it working within 10 minutes of us leaving as he rang us on the way home. When we asked about coming back to see it running before talking figures he got really evasive.

The signs of battery damage alone on the board and the fact we couldn't verify if the DMD was in good nick meant there was no way i'd pay what he was asking for it. The price he wanted would be what i'd have paid for a fully working one. I think (if I remember righly) that we offered him £500 and he declined. He gave us some story about all the people who were interested but funnily enough he's still not shifted it.

We went to see the guy and he was pushing for over £800 for it.

In the condition it was in it just wasn't worth the risk. The power cord had been cut off so he couldn't even power it up to show us it running whilst we were there, although amazingly he got it working within 10 minutes of us leaving as he rang us on the way home. When we asked about coming back to see it running before talking figures he got really evasive.

The signs of battery damage alone on the board and the fact we couldn't verify if the DMD was in good nick meant there was no way i'd pay what he was asking for it. The price he wanted would be what i'd have paid for a fully working one. I think (if I remember righly) that we offered him £500 and he declined. He gave us some story about all the people who were interested but funnily enough he's still not shifted it.

I assume we are talking about the non working TFTC project on ebay where he talked about the transformer dying in the description, but now he has a new one but can't be bothered finishing it off etc etc?

WTF was wrong with that guy? I contacted him ages ago to try and strike a deal but he wouldn't give a straight answer on anything about the machine

I assume we are talking about the non working TFTC project on ebay where he talked about the transformer dying in the description, but now he has a new one but can't be bothered finishing it off etc etc?

WTF was wrong with that guy? I contacted him ages ago to try and strike a deal but he wouldn't give a straight answer on anything about the machine
Exactly that one Luke. When we went to view the place was like a building site and he's clearly spending a lot of time doing up his house. I presume that's why he hasn't got time to do the work, but I also got the impression he'd paid over the odds for it and was desperate to claw back all he'd spent.

But when the power cable has been clipped 2 inches from the back of the cab and you can't power it up then it's hardly an ideal starting point. Shame as my mate would have loved the challenge of doing it up but he just wanted too much for it and we failed to see why we should pay more because he'd had his leg lifted on the deal.

Normally I would have been all that CV like a tramp on a ham sandwich, but I'm in a pinball 'low' at the moment and can't get any enthusiasm up for a new project. I need to sell something to cheer me up!

Normally I would have been all that CV like a tramp on a ham sandwich, but I'm in a pinball 'low' at the moment and can't get any enthusiasm up for a new project. I need to sell something to cheer me up!

Figured you had been rather quiet Steve. Cheer up fella :) It'll come back!! :)

Yup, I had 6 months out without flipping a switch then all of a sudden I played a whole 3 balls, then stopped again, it's only pinball ;)

Get yerself along to Special When Lit this Sat and we'll help you find your pinball Mojo..! :thumbs:

I think that was an expensive CV bearing in mind it did need some work but good on the guy he his true to his word and always lets the auction run to the end
only managed to get £4200 last year for my super mint CV

Yeah, fair play to the seller - it looks like he was offerd £4k from the "questions and answers", although he got less by letting the auction run.

I reckon he got a fair price in the end, but I'm wondering if he believed the hype surrounding some titles and figured it would fetch a lot more?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201065104030

Who is this...erm...with respect... ****????
Monster Bash Pinball Machine
Please note I shall be ending this listing, it is just an advertisement for the real auction starting Thursday @ 12:00 noon, ending a week on Sunday 13th April
eBay Item Number - 201065087897

So maybe i missed something, however WHY????

EDIT : oh i get it now.... how to circumvent Ebay rip-off fees....

Wont work tho... it'll get bid on and you'll end up paying more fees...

Saying that, it could well be less than final value fees anyhow if you get a sale before the real sale....

Last edited:
Perhaps he's hoping for a cash offer before the auction start date?

"If you want to make me a Cash offer, turn up with Cash & view the machine - long distance banter not entertained".

Friendly chap isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom