What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mufcmufc

Staff member
Alias
Nik
Thought it may be handy to have a thread for interesting eBay auctions as well as discussing them perhaps people can let each other know if they're interested in certain items and it may stop people bidding against each other and maybe reduce the price
smile-1.png

mufcmufc' date=' post: 1663259 said:
Thought it may be handy to have a thread for interesting eBay auctions as well as discussing them perhaps people can let each other know if they're interested in certain items and it may stop people bidding against each other and maybe reduce the price
smile-1.png

Great idea.
wink-1.png

GrizZ' date=' post: 1663268 said:
OK .... for the record I will be bidding on everything ever listed ever, so if everyone else could refrain. Cheers
wink-1.png
tongue-1.png

It will work if people are honest enough and it's handy for getting opinions, we all individually will spot things someone else wont or have had dealings with certain sellers

Interesting couple from Germany to kick off

http://cgi.ebay.de/Secret-Service-F...280713377985?pt=Automaten&hash=item415bd238c1

Like to see where the SS finishes up, had one a couple of months ago but no time to get it working. Hopefully the new owner will bring it to the show
smile-1.png

http://cgi.ebay.de/Mystery-Castle-F...310330442937?pt=Automaten&hash=item484122c4b9

One I would love to own, along with Alvin's Garage Band Goes on a World tour. One of my German friends knows someone who owns all the Alvin Gs and the four production Capcoms, so hopefully I will at least get to play them at some point

mufcmufc' date=' post: 1663272 said:
Interesting couple from Germany to kick off

http://cgi.ebay.de/Secret-Service-F...280713377985?pt=Automaten&hash=item415bd238c1

Like to see where the SS finishes up, had one a couple of months ago but no time to get it working. Hopefully the new owner will bring it to the show
smile-1.png

http://cgi.ebay.de/Mystery-Castle-F...310330442937?pt=Automaten&hash=item484122c4b9

One I would love to own, along with Alvin's Garage Band Goes on a World tour. One of my German friends knows someone who owns all the Alvin Gs and the four production Capcoms, so hopefully I will at least get to play them at some point

Was looking at the Mystery Castle the other day and after a closer look at it just thought to myself how cheap looking it was, with not a lot going on.

Still pretty rare and a machine that few people will get to see in the flesh let alone play.

mufcmufc' date=' post: 1663259 said:
smile-1.png

Really good idea. We all want good pins for a decent price
tongue-1.png

Matt Vince' date=' post: 1663264 said:
Im after the 8BDLE, unless you know of another one nick?

Matt, So are you bidding on the one on the bay ?

Replay' date=' post: 1663291 said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADDAMS-FA...9261702?clk_rvr_id=249675044581#ht_500wt_1127

Interesting auction......brand new cabinet, brand new playfield - would look stunning. However would need a lot of work to put new playfield in and might need new parts but wow, would it look good when finished:D

Unless, I am mistaken it would be like NIB for less than Stern's LE's??

Yes they do look good and the next best thing to brand new (or as close as you are ever going to get)

I have done three in the past all of which got sold, (wish I kept one) only joking. Add another £2-300 for a plastic set flipper rebuilds, coils , pop bumper and sling parts and don't forget the time its going to take you to do. At the end you will have a minty Addams.
smile-1.png

There are a few on group who offer this swap out service if you don't feel like doing it yourself.

Replay' date=' post: 1663291 said:
Unless, I am mistaken it would be like NIB for less than Stern's LE's??

Cabinet inc artwork, rails, door and paying yourself to do it £500

Paying yourself for cleaning the other bits £200

TAF playfield £800

TAF £1500

Marginally too dear @ £4250 especially as you need new plastics, new pop bumper assemblies, new ramp, new targets, new scoop, new lockbar, new legs, new DMD, new bookcase plastics parts and re-plating of all metal parts to get that as new look (another £800+ on top)

Perhaps 40 hours of your time if you're good, definitely not "Less than Stern LE" once you've put all the time and effort into it, the cabinet may be done and parts cleaned but I would imagine there will still be a fair bit to do

mufcmufc' date=' post: 1663298 said:

TAF playfield £800

TAF £1500

Marginally too dear @ £4250 especially as you need new plastics, new pop bumper assemblies, new ramp, new targets, new scoop, new lockbar, new legs, new DMD, new bookcase plastics parts and re-plating of all metal parts to get that as new look (another £800+ on top)

Perhaps 40 hours of your time if you're good, definitely not "Less than Stern LE" once you've put all the time and effort into it, the cabinet may be done and parts cleaned but I would imagine there will still be a fair bit to do

mufcmufc' date=' post: 1663298 said:

TAF playfield £800

TAF £1500

Hmmm, at the moment I don't think I rate as 'good' in pinball restoration business
wink-1.png

I was looking at the Lethal Weapon 3 as I'm after something cheap and it wasn't going for much money...but now it's disappeared
sad-1.png
I guess it must have been sold off Ebay. I've also had my eye on the Grand Lizard as it's really close to me but it's up for way more than I want to spend. There have been a few offers turned down so I'm guessing the owner probably won't come down to the money I'm thinking of
wink-1.png

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1663318 said:
I was looking at the Lethal Weapon 3 as I'm after something cheap and it wasn't going for much money...but now it's disappeared
sad-1.png
I guess it must have been sold off Ebay. I've also had my eye on the Grand Lizard as it's really close to me but it's up for way more than I want to spend. There have been a few offers turned down so I'm guessing the owner probably won't come down to the money I'm thinking of
wink-1.png

Bang a offer in. I put two really low offers in on the Lizard.

You never know.
rolleyes-1.gif

Someone will always message the buyer to try and make a deal outside of ebay. I do it everytime i see a pin i want. Works better than actually bidding for it.

The very nice TAF project on the bay is overpriced for sure. Whilst it is truly lovely, i would only go 3K max on it due to the amount of work still needed.

Yeah it's a sad fact but due to the sky high ebay and paypal fees its the way to go. If I'm selling a pin I'll price it 20% higher than I want and accept a lower offer outside of ebay

looking at the Flash Gordon on there Item number: 150637631639

Cab faded to sh*t non working but nice playfield, was working till stored 7 years ago so needs a new mpu (probably acid damage) and sound board repair.

Reckon it's worth no more than £220 so will probably bid on that. Bet it goes for stupid money...

The Flash Gordon looks cool, liked the look of it on Bowen's Tilt Warning tutorial, although out of my league in terms of repairing it. In my continuing quest for dirt cheap pinball I was looking at the High Speed but factoring in the cost of getting it back to my house the price would need to be a lot sweeter. Where are all the bargain pinball machines?
wink-1.png

mufcmufc' date=' post: 1663527 said:
I was bidding on Flash Gordon but will happily step aside Mr D

We'll se what it's up to nearer the time. Spent out with new machines & windows at the mo!

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1663318 said:
sad-1.png
wink-1.png

I have a Lethal Weapon 3 for sale, it will be at the show in Daventry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom