What's new

Ebay Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feedback on eBay is a waste of time. I had a none paying bidder on something not related to pinball. Logged a case for final fees etc but then found I could only leave positive feedback (which I did with the relevant comments). On the feedback page he had about another 5 remarks about non payment but all positive !!!

Just goes to show how one sided eBay can be and not all 100% sellers deserve that feedback.
As always buyer beware.

You'll see that many of the machines you see him listing never appear on his feedback as they are often priced with a high BIN and outside ebay offers are welcomed.

Offer outside ebay = no protection and no feedback

Ah! Of course. Never realised that.

Yet another reason why buying/ selling within the pinball community is usually the best policy I guess.

Feedback on eBay is a waste of time. I had a none paying bidder on something not related to pinball. Logged a case for final fees etc but then found I could only leave positive feedback (which I did with the relevant comments). On the feedback page he had about another 5 remarks about non payment but all positive !!!

That has to be one of the stupidest moves ebay has ever made... It completely voids the validity of the feedback system, yet we all still use ebay ;)

It's a little over-blinged for my taste too, but at least the guy is caring for his pin......

Bling up on the outside for photos, an inside-out turd under the playfield. At least that's what I got... and more.

The only element of care from this guy is how much cash he can put in his pocket.

I pretty much ignore feedback when I'm looking to buy a pinball machine, as I would always go and see it in person anyway (unless buying from a friend). Also I can see why eBay stopped sellers being able to leave negative feedback, as you previously had the situation where sellers would hold buyers to ransom and only give the buyer good feeback after the buyer has left the seller positive feedback first.

I can see the arguments for and against, however at least with the current system buyers are free to leave honest feedback - good or bad - without worrying about bad feedbacm being given in retaliation.

As for buying outside of eBay offering no protection, it doesnt make any difference as you dont get any protection buying through eBay either if you pay in cash (and anyone with any sense will only accept cash for a pinball machine, as items collected in person are not covered by eBay seller protection).

Overally, I guess it is the usual story - buyer beware, and always assume the worst :)

Cheers, Mark

"To be honest i have the utmost respect for anyones handywork - however it just looks :eek:"

I agree with Paul here, I think Manny does an excellent job with his cabs, however the polishing is not to my taste either - and with 3 kids in my house, I can imagine how those shiny surfaces would look after they have had their sticky fingers all over them! :) I think when you go overboard with the polishing the machines look more like toys and less like commercial machines, if that makes sense.

Cheers, Mark

I have a polished lockdown bar on my FH and can confirm it's not a good idea, hand prints all over it, keep having to wipe it and I hardly play a game, it may look the part but it's a pain in the **** and impractical.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Wat..._Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item417e00ad7f44

Well for me this seller wins the "**** of the day" award.

No topper, cracked ramp a snip at at starting price of 2.5k

"I will not accept any offers on this machine. If it doesn't sell, I will keep it. I am well aware of how collectable this machine is."

Don't know who the seller is but from the wording alone I'd go out of my way not to bid. Surely if the machine is as collectable as he thinks then an auction starting at £1 would give him the same result

Oh well he does state that the lock down bar is in very good condition;)

"To be honest i have the utmost respect for anyones handywork - however it just looks :eek:"

I agree with Paul here, I think Manny does an excellent job with his cabs, however the polishing is not to my taste either - and with 3 kids in my house, I can imagine how those shiny surfaces would look after they have had their sticky fingers all over them! :) I think when you go overboard with the polishing the machines look more like toys and less like commercial machines, if that makes sense.

Cheers, Mark

That's not Manny's handiwork... That's a Tron extra's package (from Stern) that's been put on an Avatar instead. :rolleyes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Wat..._Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item417e00ad7f44

"I will not accept any offers on this machine. If it doesn't sell, I will keep it. I am well aware of how collectable this machine is."

Don't know who the seller is but from the wording alone I'd go out of my way not to bid. Surely if the machine is as collectable as he thinks then an auction starting at £1 would give him the same result

Agree its *way* overpriced considering no topper, however have seen a lot lot worse WH20s listed and to be fair its almost expected with this title to have a cracked ramp or plastic/boulder

The backbox looks the wrong colour

Looks like it's been repainted - AFAIK the bit on the top between the two sides is supposed to be black - a sure sign of repainting...

It's the abstract nature of this photo...who could resist?

i.ebayimg.com_t_Terminator_2_Judgement_Day_Pinball_extras__00_3774614835e9444ba090c1c8085b3ad4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom