What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice-ish TAF finished at 4600

:);):(:mad::cool::p:D:eek::clap::oops::popcorn::rolleyes:o_O:rofl::cuckoo::sad::-o:tut::hmm::suspect::wave::thumbs:

All the emojis as I don't know what to think anymore

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/addams-fa...538150?hash=item2a81eed026:g:ybsAAOSwX61ZExX6
I just thought.....

ri3r7.jpg

my guess on the Cosmic Gunfight is £500. I did sell a mint blackglass a few years back so am interested to see if that person puts in a bid.

Finished at £505? Great estimate Steve all a bit private listing on the bidders anyone on here get it?

I thought that was about on the money to be honest. Only thing that stood out on it was it looked like some wear or decal damage to the front, hard to tell on my phone. Plenty of tacky mods to rip out and chuck on eBay to ease some financial pain.
It may be on the money..... But it's still mental.

I've just be in this game too long. I miss the old days of plentiful pins at pocket money...., ;)......prices. It was more fun all round.

It may be on the money..... But it's still mental.

I've just be in this game too long. I miss the old days of plentiful pins at pocket money...., ;)......prices. It was more fun all round.
In the old days you would now be sitting on 20ks of pins rather than 40k.....double edged sword!

High prices ....

More to insure
Increased theft risk
Greater reluctance to let folk play them at shows/ host meetings
Increasing your collection becomes a re-mortgage job
The scene will become more professionalised/ money driven/ less garagiste

But ....

You can sell them to pay Theresa May's dementia tax
More companies will get involved in the industry making new ones/ making spares for old ones
More games will get preserved
Despite the (unforeseen) nature of this, you can feel smug at how "clever" you were for buying them, just like some folk with air cooled 911s or some property owners in the South East

Last edited:
I sold mine for £1600 recently. A few years ago I sold one for £1800 and the guy paid to have it shipped to Italy, just needs the right buyer!

I have been deliberating buying it ever since it went on eBay (3 weeks ago?). But pretty sure boredom would set in after a week. The seller is a forum member here, can't remember who or how I found that out.

Its not a game to own in a small collection, you wouldn't play it often and as has been mentioned before man is it noisy! Cool as a rarity though.

Noise isn't an issue for me fortunately, but yes I totally agree that it needs to be part of a bigger collection really.

I would also love a Hyperball, buy agree with the guys above. Needs to be in a big collection and I aint got the space for a game that would get so little play. Bloody noisy. Also, quite tiring to play as you repeatedly pull the triggers to fire the gun.

I would never diss a Hyperball, I LOVE the concept. But in reality it has no sticking power. When you see one in the flesh at a show or at a league meeting, chances are no-one will be playing it

There are shop logs on the net about inserting sound deadening materials and also a "machine gun" circuitboard to save you from contracting rsi when playing it

In the early 80s the games producers took risks. Tried to differentiate their games. The variety on offer was wonderful. Get some kid to play a couple of your games in an arcade, as they spread their money across numerous titles. That was the game back then. Proper screen printed backglasses. Real engineering. Real individuality. Halcyon days

But nowadays tastes have changed. Games are designed for home use. Deep rules. Long ball times.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Fancy an RFM - theres one on ebay in the uk....
Whats the going rate? That one has a scuffed (ripped?) decal.
Anything else major I should be looking out for?

For sweet baby Jesus' sake make sure it has the original playfield glass.

Looks like a nice machine apart from the side damage and a really good price. They are built like a tank and weigh as much as one! 164kgs! If it works it works. Theres a really good diagnostics menu on these. The only thing to worry about is the monitor going. All the info you will ever need here, plus the latest code updates (you don't need anything higher than software update 1.6): http://www.pinball2000.de/

Am I right in thinking the top is easy to remove? (I know its heavy!)
What are the chances of getting it in a 2006 Focus hatchback?

Am I right in thinking the top is easy to remove? (I know its heavy!)
What are the chances of getting it in a 2006 Focus hatchback?

The top is just held on with 4 bolts and there are 2 or 3 wires to disconnect plus the earth strap (dead easy). It weighs a tonne though. Not sure you'd get it in the back of a Focus....the back end of the cabinet is very tall, much taller than a normal pin. I can measure it if you want...

Actually I'm wrong. It must be an optical illusion due to the cabinet being shorter than normal it appears steeper and taller, but is in fact 60cm (ish) at the rear end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom