What's new

Expired DMD Led Color DMDMK66 128x32, 192x64, 128x16 manufactured by Pinballsp

Expired Due to no activity
Hi Luis,

I know the instructions are sort of on the forum, but I meant a link to the actual instructions that are supplied with kit if possible ?

cheers

Kev

I have some PDF files, but in spanish language, and provide practically same information that I have post here in forum. I think there is no more information to add, I may provide also some more pictures and draws to connect power supply to Stern White Star, Stern SAM, Data East and Gottlieb.

A friend connected DMD recently to a Ghostbusters Spike, very easy:

i1322.photobucket.com_albums_u573_planeta9999_spike_001_zps3bwc1dhv.jpg

i1322.photobucket.com_albums_u573_planeta9999_spike_002_zpszba1mgvg.jpg

i1322.photobucket.com_albums_u573_planeta9999_spike_003_zpshvi4ytdz.jpg

i1322.photobucket.com_albums_u573_planeta9999_spike_004_zpscmdewhnp.jpg

And here pictures about how apply the quick splice to connect DMD power supply to pinball, also very easy. Do not need cut or solder wires, simply use these two quick splice between DMD power suppy cables and two cables in pinball.

i1322.photobucket.com_albums_u573_planeta9999_conectores_rapidos_zpssclc2y8c.jpg

i1322.photobucket.com_albums_u573_planeta9999_conectores_rapidos_002_zpsmzeprurq.jpg

How easy to add to a JD? The concept looks great but from the messages above it looks a nightmare, or are these guys just going Into huge depth. Considering I could electrocute myself on a cardboard box, but bizarrely could re plumb an entire house and even build one (electric is voodoo) then will it fit? And will it be plug and play?

I still have no idea what this is, so I hope to see one working at the Manchester show in October.

Thank god it's not me! I assume it's a colour dmd and I like the pretty pictures, however all the other stuff makes my brain hurt and I haven't got the will to want to understand it!

Hi Luis,

I know the instructions are sort of on the forum, but I meant a link to the actual instructions that are supplied with kit if possible ?

cheers

Kev

Kev,

There are no instructions sent with the kit. It arrives fully assembled in the box but no instructions.

I haven't started to look at mine yet (maybe later tonight) but the instructions on the forum look straight forward enough.

How easy to add to a JD? The concept looks great but from the messages above it looks a nightmare, or are these guys just going Into huge depth. Considering I could electrocute myself on a cardboard box, but bizarrely could re plumb an entire house and even build one (electric is voodoo) then will it fit? And will it be plug and play?

For 8 euro extra Luis will supply a dmdst32 with a memory card all set up for your machine of choice..

A JD is a WPC, very easy, simply connect the two wires from DMD power supply to 100VAC in video controller board (J605, pin3 and 5, violet cables), that's all.

i1322.photobucket.com_albums_u573_planeta9999_WPC_001_zpsyq5j5flo.jpg

i1322.photobucket.com_albums_u573_planeta9999_WPC_002_zpsow3loxzp.jpg

i1322.photobucket.com_albums_u573_planeta9999_Sin_20tiacutetulo_1_zps695co0if.jpg

i1322.photobucket.com_albums_u573_planeta9999_WPC_003_zpsuuauilcr.jpg

i1322.photobucket.com_albums_u573_planeta9999_WPC_004_zpsscg0eciw.jpg

For 8 euro extra Luis will supply a dmdst32 with a memory card all set up for your machine of choice..

Fab.......and the memory card does what?
Does this new dmd fit straight into the machine as a replacement for he existing dmd?
What wiring needs to be done?
Are the items merely a direct replacement of what I take out?

Get the bit about Louis making a setup for a specific machine..ie editing the pallets etc...I assume the sd card has this on....so what do I do with it?
Sorry, but used to be very IT literate, but that was 25 years ago and things have moved on from DOS and windows 3.11! Thus my patience has also wained......

Probably worth me reading the thread again I guess!

A JD is a WPC, very easy, simply connect the two wires from DMD power supply to 100VAC in video controller board (J605, pin3 and 5, violet cables), that's all

Ah, pictures right up my alley way!!

So I am assuming this is the power and it doesn't matter which one goes to which connector?
Good, making progress!
This sd card....what do I do with it?
Is the dmd a straight swap?
Any examples of what the JD screen would look like?
How do I order?

Cheers

Fab.......and the memory card does what?
Does this new dmd fit straight into the machine as a replacement for he existing dmd?
What wiring needs to be done?
Are the items merely a direct replacement of what I take out?

Get the bit about Louis making a setup for a specific machine..ie editing the pallets etc...I assume the sd card has this on....so what do I do with it?
Sorry, but used to be very IT literate, but that was 25 years ago and things have moved on from DOS and windows 3.11! Thus my patience has also wained......

Probably worth me reading the thread again I guess!

SD card store config of DMD, pinball manufacturer, brightness level, colors palette and advanced color files.
DMDST32 replace directly original DMD, same size, same dimensions, full compatible.
Only need connect two wires to get 100VAC power supply from pinball to DMD, and the flat data cable for data. I will provide you picture and draw of your machine to know where you must connec it, very easy with two red quick splice, do not need cut or solder wires.

If you want I provide you the SD card preconfigured, I configure it with manufacturer pinball you tell me (WPC, WPC95, Data East, Gottlieb, Spike, Stern SAM, Stern WhiteStar, SEGA WhiteStar, Virtual pinball), medium brightness level and a color palette according with machine theme, also I provide some more color palettes in a SD folder, so you may replace it if prefer different colors.

You always will need request key license to activate firmware, to Joerg from pin2dmd, he request 10 euros for each license. http://pin2dmd.com/installation/ (read step 3).

I give support by email, Skype, Facebook messenger and Whatsapp, so if some problem or need help you may contact with me directly by Whatsapp And to send files I suggest use Telegram, MEGA or Wetransfer for direct and real time transfer (Telegram similar to Whatsapp but allow send files).

See this video how easy connect wires with quick splice, one cable from pinball (100VAC) to one cable DMD power supply, this for each of the two wires from DMD power supply.

Last edited:
Thanks Luis, I like idiot guides!! I would go with a preconfigure for the moment until I have a chance to look at the editing system and how it works. Having gone back through the thread and I am kind of understanding it a bit better. Obviously paying for that time your side.
What is the sd card used for? Can't get my head around this, is it just used in the dmd to update the new pallette / colour changes?

I think I would like to go ahead. Might be good for the forum to see if a muppet like me can get it going then there is hope for others!

Could you do a couple of screen shots / video of a JD that's had the basic pallette overlay?

Thanks Luis, I like idiot guides!! I would go with a preconfigure for the moment until I have a chance to look at the editing system and how it works. Having gone back through the thread and I am kind of understanding it a bit better. Obviously paying for that time your side.
What is the sd card used for? Can't get my head around this, is it just used in the dmd to update the new pallette / colour changes?

I think I would like to go ahead. Might be good for the forum to see if a muppet like me can get it going then there is hope for others!

Could you do a couple of screen shots / video of a JD that's had the basic pallette overlay?

SD card is to store all config files, color palette files and animations files. May use any micro SD card FAT32 formatted. When DMD start need read config to know what is pinball manufacturer, brightness level, color palette (optional) and colorized animations (optional), so all these information is stored in SD card.

I do not have a JD pinball, but same instructions for all Bally/Williams WPC, WPC89, WPC-S. About basic config there are two files PIN2DMD.DAT that store manufacturer and brightness level, and PIN2DMD.PAL that store basic colors palette (4 colors for WPC). I may provide you the SD card ready to work, only must request key license to activate firmware to Joerg from pin2dmd, I can not provide the key licenses, only Joerg from pin2dmd.

Then you only must replace your old DMD by new, and connect two wires to 100VAC in pinball, according with pictures and instructions I have post in before messages. And its ready to work.

Last edited:
How do i buy one then?

You may place order by email pinballsp@gmail.com, Skype pinballsp, Whatsapp +34 693 344 445 or Facebook messenger https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp

Product price full assembled 164 euros, if you want SD card preconfigured add +8 euros. Freight cost to UK 26 euros by courier with tracking number.
Optional extras; WIFI +4 euros, serial port +4euros, Battery holder with 2nd oscillator +4 euros, remote power supply +3 euros.

May pay by Paypal or TT, if pay by Paypal to friends/family do not add taxes, if pay standar Paypal must add 5% to total.
Warranty, 1 year if defective, this include repair/replace for free, only pay freight cost if outside Spain/Portugal.

So I have taken the plunge also! Once Mr Brum has delivered the pinball and then I have moved house and then set up my man cave then I will let you all know how it goes. If the unit is as good as Luis assistance then can't go wrong.......going for a preconfigured at the moment till I find my feet....

So I have taken the plunge also! Once Mr Brum has delivered the pinball and then I have moved house and then set up my man cave then I will let you all know how it goes. If the unit is as good as Luis assistance then can't go wrong.......going for a preconfigured at the moment till I find my feet....
Very interested in one for JD too so thanks for being a guinea pig as I'm a technophobe when it comes to anything above changing a bulb!

Very interested in one for JD too so thanks for being a guinea pig as I'm a technophobe when it comes to anything above changing a bulb!
Will let ya know but will be a good few weeks....If it goes well then I will feel more confident stripping down the Earthshaker I bought last week...nothing like going from zero to a hundred in two steps.....Fit a dmd...rebuild a pin...how hard can it be.....? :eek:

As for changing a bulb I always find the rotating the house bit the main problem!

Will let ya know but will be a good few weeks....If it goes well then I will feel more confident stripping down the Earthshaker I bought last week...nothing like going from zero to a hundred in two steps.....Fit a dmd...rebuild a pin...how hard can it be.....? :eek:

As for changing a bulb I always find the rotating the house bit the main problem!
Just remember. It's like a large jigsaw puzzle - or Meccano kit.

However if you screw up the stakes are much higher!! :D

Just remember. It's like a large jigsaw puzzle - or Meccano kit.

However if you screw up the stakes are much higher!! :D

Watch this space end of year......

For sale: ES - complete pinball in bits....no idea how to rebuild.....theory was greater than abilities.....

However I have faith in the forum to bail my **** out of every problem I am going to create and every hole dug....

Hi Anton ,

I have just purchased a JD as well and will be very keen to see this in action and a full report of how the install went.

Cheers

kev

PS then I will buy one !!!

Fit a dmd...rebuild a pin...how hard can it be.....?
Haha, exactly where i've ended up.

Got my first Pin delivered and immediately had to strip the head off in order to get it in the house. That was a fun time.

And now the entire playfield is totally in bits. Currently being painted and cleared. Wish me luck on the rebuild when it finally starts in a few weeks. ;-)

Hi Anton ,

I have just purchased a JD as well and will be very keen to see this in action and a full report of how the install went.

Cheers

kev

PS then I will buy one !!!
I think the quality of my reply and review should be based on a commission structure by Luis!

@pinballsp

Luis,

are you still working on your own custom solution, independently of the German guys? also, one of the main impediments still seems to be that people aren't sharing their colouring efforts, and the few that are, generally share them within very busy forum threads about something else.

has anyone done, or started to do a game with full frame by frame custom colours yet?

Yes I'm working about it. But because some bad experiences (people that copy my designs after request my help and even try to **** me), now I work in silence, I do not post my new ideas and developments until products are ready to work (same in Pinside forum, I have stop to post).

I'm working in my own full system time ago, also with SEGA 192*64 and some new special features that now can not publish yet to prevent me from copying. My system will support Keyframe of course and about it a very powerful system for advanced colorize, but can not detail more information.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom