What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired DMD Led Color DMDMK66 128x32, 192x64, 128x16 manufactured by Pinballsp

Expired Due to no activity
Are the normal size DMDs being reduced in price - these use 2 panels and not the 3 in the larger panels. If you can discount the large ones using 3 panels - shouldnt the 2 panel DMDs be discounted too ?

Also - you have advertised here a lot and no doubt had many sales but no donations have been made to the site!

I have purchased 4 of your displays (pin2dmd) and have recommended other people in this group to also purchase displays from you, but you have not supported the site financially.

No, prices lower for P2 led panels, so for the 192x64 DMDMK66.
How work your donation system ?, I did not know about it.

Thanks Dom, I need some more info on:

1. the “ambar filter”
2. new colour software beta?

Please can you explain these or post a photo / video?

Thanks,

Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not Dom (fortunately), I'm Luis from Pinballsp.

1.- Amber filter is an acrylic 3-4mm thick that increase contrast and hide off leds (pictures attached).
2.- Magic Color Tool Editor, will be a software to may apply Advanced Color to all DMDMK66 multicolor DMDs.

Check the attached photo, to see the difference between installing or not the amber filter in the DMDMK66.

i.imgur.com_brAKZA7.jpg

i.imgur.com_hbMblU8.jpg

i.imgur.com_QC62caj.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve read this thread again and I’m still no clearer. Can I buy this product and install it in my TAF? I don’t want to have to sit at a computer and colorise every frame myself, I just want to download a file and install it

Of course, you may install DMDMK66 128x32 in any Ballly/Williams, Data East, Stern SAM, Stern/SEGA WhiteStar, Capcom and Spinball, soon also available for Spike and Gottlieb.

The color system, has two options, current is a base color that work automatically, convert brightness levels in colors, so for a Bally/Williams this mean 4 colors, though my last firmware version allow configure upt to 4 palettes, to change automatically each 25-30 seconds.

And second option (now under development with Matic Color Tool Editor), allow apply up to 16 colors to each frame of an animation, so final look is better. This is not yet available, though Im working with it.

Regards

Donating is easy - look at the top of the web page! It is common courtesy when you sell a game on here to stick a donation in (average I believe is £20 ish!) - and if you sell products from the site too. It seems other display suppliers do not make donations either but advertise products on here. I am sure the site doesnt want a percentage of each sale, but it would not hurt anyone who sells products via this site to put their hands into their pockets and send a payment.

Ok, I will check it, to do a donation, no problem about it.

Ok, Ive got a DMD extender in the machine at the moment but I not happy with some of the motion, it flickers around too much.

Ok, Ive got a DMD extender in the machine at the moment but I not happy with some of the motion, it flickers around too much.

Ok, if you just want to check the quality of the DMDMK66, you can check my Facebook and YouTube channels, there you will see several videos about the DMDMK66 in operation.

The quality of the DMDMK66 is the same for all supported pinball manufacturers. Therefore, although I do not have a video of the DMDMK66 installed in a The Getaway, these videos can serve you to verify the quality of the product, the image is perfect, stable and without any kind of flicker.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRv1SSoJYVBCZjcUiYRWKwA?view_as=subscriber
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Pinballsp/videos/?ref=page_internal

Hi Luis,

Some questions / feedback about the boot sequence and time.

The boot time is longer than the original screen, so you miss some information when booting - machine ID, location number etc.

The boot screen uses preset colours - so even if you configure your own palette, it boots up in bright blue/green.

1. Is there any way to make it boot faster (perhaps change a setting in the config file to not display the boot screen at all)?

2. Is it possible to tell the boot screen to use the colours from the users defined palette?

3. Do you have a link to the Baywatch colour palette you can post up here?

4. Here is a link to a file that makes the screen look like an original orange DMD for use on SEGA Baywatch (and possibly others)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zjG7bTX06cWdbI0xRnmpY05oz8DhPF8w/view

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180204_6dcce69d8f92e0bc3a3775c9b9355c11.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180204_49b55a2e995de0d89a2972d391349d20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Is there any way to make it boot faster (perhaps change a setting in the config file to not display the boot screen at all)?

2. Is it possible to tell the boot screen to use the colours from the users defined palette?

3. Do you have a link to the Baywatch colour palette you can post up here?

4. Here is a link to a file that makes the screen look like an original orange DMD for use on SEGA Baywatch (and possibly others)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zjG7bTX06cWdbI0xRnmpY05oz8DhPF8w/view

Hello Ed.
Reply to your questions.

1.- No. The boot needs that time because it must read the SD card to verify if there is an update available and then apply it.
2.- No. The configuration colors are only available for the firmware, not for the boot manager.
3.- For that pinball, I usually choose Black, Blue, Orange and White, all the standard colors available in the dmdmk66.txt file. You can also verify the replacement of the blue color by turquoise blue or dark blue.
4. Ok, thanks.

Regards

Hi there
I’m in the throws of buying a second hand one of these for my TAF.

As if talking to an infant. Can you tell me what I need to do to make this work as soon as I turn the machine on. As apparently it currently does not display the dmd images after it boots.

Any advice gratefully received
Kind regards
Gaz

Hi there
I’m in the throws of buying a second hand one of these for my TAF.

As if talking to an infant. Can you tell me what I need to do to make this work as soon as I turn the machine on. As apparently it currently does not display the dmd images after it boots.

Any advice gratefully received
Kind regards
Gaz

If your machine does not show images in the DMD, it can be for several reasons.

1.- Damaged DMD
2.- Damaged video card
3.- If it is a plasma DMD, high voltages can fail.

The ideal to know what is wrong, is to try that plasma DMD in another machine, or put a DMD that we know works, in that machine. It is the fastest way to rule out DMD or video card problems. For high voltages, it would have to be measured with the tester's voltmeter.

If your machine does not show images in the DMD, it can be for several reasons.

1.- Damaged DMD
2.- Damaged video card
3.- If it is a plasma DMD, high voltages can fail.

The ideal to know what is wrong, is to try that plasma DMD in another machine, or put a DMD that we know works, in that machine. It is the fastest way to rule out DMD or video card problems. For high voltages, it would have to be measured with the tester's voltmeter.

Ok so the DMD is being used in a Roadshow and Shadow. It used to display a colour image on both machines until I somehow managed to reset the DMD so it has lost the colour settings. I could set the game to use colour or between the different singular colour (eg shades of white)

Now when it turns on, it shows the splash boot image for the DMD and Bally / Williams on the bottom. The game boots but shows nothing else on the DMD.

My regular DMDs work perfectly in both machines.

Ok so the DMD is being used in a Roadshow and Shadow. It used to display a colour image on both machines until I somehow managed to reset the DMD so it has lost the colour settings. I could set the game to use colour or between the different singular colour (eg shades of white)

Now when it turns on, it shows the splash boot image for the DMD and Bally / Williams on the bottom. The game boots but shows nothing else on the DMD.

My regular DMDs work perfectly in both machines.

What is your DMD product ?

Back
Top Bottom