What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Bram stokers shop log and mods

Indeed I was very lucky as most the colours I needed I had ready mixed that were a very good match apart from one blue and a wood colour. A quick tip tho people various mixes of flesh tones make a good match for the wood tone

2 part filler for the pf I used ronseal pale colour but for cabs I use upol car body filler. I just masked the area as close to the damage as pos. Then just smeared filler on pealin the mask off before it sets. Then remask when dry use a file for the hole walls and various sand and wet n dry for the other area (second masking is to protect the good paint.

Thanks @RudeDogg1 for the info, I'm also restoring my Dracula and am just waiting for a treasure cove polishing kit from 1stoppinall to arrive (thanks goes to @Paul and @Sgt GrizZ for helping me source it) so I can get it looking all shiny and like new hopefully. I think following your advice I might have a go a the rat hole also :clap::clap::clap:

image.jpeg It's good but needs more work, the central part has lost some of its shine, hopefully the kit will sort that out!!

It was mylared around the pop bumpers and the side lanes. I've removed all of it now, just need to remove the remaining parts before I use the kit (when it arrives).

The artwork you did on the castle etc really do look great, I've looked at some of the paints you recommended but am not sure yet whether I'm going to give it a try. My skills are progressing though I've touched up the cab really well and I'm just waiting for my backbox to return so I can redecal it. It's having the text printed on the back at the moment, I took it back to the wood and resprayed it, it looked like Drac himself had taken a bite or two!! :mad:

Playfield now cleared gonna flatten it back and polish it tomoz then leave it a few more days to harden more before doing anything else to it. Metal work polished and or tumbled. Just need to clean the plastics and ramps

how do you do that Rudi thats amazing!!!! the colours look perfect

Cheers Kev

Mine has arrived now - playfield is mint but the whole thing is minging - replaced 24 lamps and 6 flashers just to get it going!! Had to take the subways off to replace some lamps boy were they filthy - looks like first time off in 20 years I reckon!!!

A couple of pics before and after for you(dont want to steal your thread!!)

IMG_0929.JPG IMG_0929.JPG IMG_0930.JPG IMG_0932.JPG IMG_0934.JPG IMG_0936.JPGIMG_0939.JPG

Cheers Kev

Attachments

• IMG_0937.JPG
    IMG_0937.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0938.JPG
    IMG_0938.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 26
So rudi could you wlak us through how you did that repair and then painted it etc?? I have a minor repaint job to do on my DM I need some tips and tricks. Not an idea on the arty side at all!!! Tech I'm fine with!!!

See shot below I need to fix

CHeers Kev
P9040230 (2).JPG

So rudi could you wlak us through how you did that repair and then painted it etc??
Rudi I second that, I have similar damage on my VECTOR pf that I'd like to repair myself.

The hardest part is matching the paint tone. Think it was just a fluke that I had premixed colours that matched.

1, Clean the filth off the playfield with foam cleaner or similar (no polishes).

2, Then lightly sand the playfield with very fine wet n dry.

3, Wipe over with napthia (lighter fluid).

4, If the damage has worn a shape into the wood it will need filling with a 2 part filler. I recommend you mask around the damage before filling and remove it while still wet.

5, remask and sand flat (the mask protects the surrounding area).

6, depending on the paint u use you may need to prime the area.

7, then if it's line work you need to paint use a decent masking tape I use tamiya tape. You need to do it in stages so the tape doesn't take the last colour off so let it dry properly. Lin the tape up against a good bit of the line so it's straight and matches. Depending on the size of area you can use an airbrush or fine brush. My damage was small so I used a brush.

A tip I figured out if filling damage on bare wood like I did on a pop hole and behind 3 targets. Use flesh tones to get a match

thanks rudi and what paints do you use and then do you clear over the top of the finished job ?

I use whatever paints I have to hand coat d' arms, badgers freakflex, garage kit colors, artists acrylics, velajo. Yeah always seal with clear after

Has all the metal worked just been tumbled and polished on a grinder or have you had it plated ?

CHeers Kev

That looks an expensive list of new bits!!! was everything that bad ?? a new 'Start' switch!!!!! Looks over £150 ???

Very interested to see how you LED this looks like inserts and flashers only ?? no GI ?

Who do you use for your parts Rudi and where did you get the silicone bands ?

Cheers Kev

Back
Top Bottom