What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Bram stokers shop log and mods

RudeDogg1

Registered
thought id start this for mods and the shop log when I do it.

So my first mod I liked the look of my sigma dmd in it with the hd upscaling but was annoyed the speaker flashers didn't work with it. Even tho color dmd told me its not possible I was determined to find away. So tonight I had a go and worked first time took about 10 mins if that.

first remove all spacers and screws from the flasher board and remove or cut off the connector pins.

IMG_3494.JPG

Cut the connector from the wires and solder the wires on to where their corresponding pins would be.
Not the tidiest soldering I know but I didn't have enough hands.

IMG_3495.JPG

Screw the board back onto the panel without the spacers making sure to use shorter screws. Put the dmd back ect and enjoy. I'm going to add some led flashers so they light up better.

Attachments

• IMG_3497.MOV
    6 MB · Views: 12
Its a clearcoated playfield so you shouldn't have any problems with freeze spray.

Heres a vid on Youtube thats shows how easy it should come up:

Hardest bit is getting a corner up, then shoot the spray underneath. If the glue is frozen then there should be next to no resistance.

Why do ops / people cut off the knocker? When all they have to do is deactivate it. Dunno about you lot but I love knockers oooer. This time they have cut off the wires at the coil and removed the wires. Replacing them with 3m of grey wires leading to nothing at the front of the cab. The wires will be replace with the correct colours.

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_11_07_9264a3fe58f25f7a330d6e4461b29696.jpg

And yes I will be replacing that choc bloc join from the tranny with a propper join I despise choc blocs

Think my buildings will be making there way to you for a facelift.
Great work Rudi, as always.

"Replacing them with 3m of grey wires leading to nothing at the front of the cab. "

In some countries by law you need to have a coin counter.
There is a way in the software to use the knocker wiring to fire the counter.
I've seen it on 4/5 games in Ireland.
All set to Germany via the dips .

They are not dips but a set of links that look like resistors.
You have to physical cut or solder new links on .

I wonder if that's one of the Draculas that belonged to my employer - set by me to use the knocker, and with the coin meter provided by Williams totally removed. Hence the jury-rigged arrangement put in by someone else later. Not that the factory installation was particularly accomplished - a second connector, identical to that on the knocker, was plugged into the backbox wiring, and led two wires through the trunking for the cabinet to the meter on its little pcb, mounted next to the tilt mechanism.

Last edited:
Coming along nice Rudi.
We gotta have a nice clean fully working Dracula to put those nicely painted Houses, Castle and graveyard back onto.

Back
Top Bottom