What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I don't know half of what goes on - I'm just a twatty pinball player. Clearly some bad blood in all of this, which is a shame cos alien looks bloody awesome.

Take the carping off this list please moderator and let's get on with looking forward to a new pinball machine with a great theme that we are all looking forward to playing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andy, you're playing a dangerous game if you are calling me a liar when I have proof of the opposite, you're so going to regret denying it when I have emails/texts from you!

We paid June and received the game July. It was initially taken into Phil Dockers house for a quick test before tilt after it was "ready to collect" 11th July.

You were notified and responded on 24th July of 4 initial out of the box issues, which occur after the game has been on for a little while.

27th July we were swapping I/O driver boards and you were notified but I see no response.

24th August you were sent a picture of a ball guide that keeps falling out.

18th October you were notified that after Phil Docker visited the Heighway Pinball unit and was refused another I/O board that we needed so you had to posted it to us. I also followed up telling you the game has had constant issues and hadn't taken a bean - NO RESPONSE

21st October you were again chased for the needed I/O board and told the game had been off for 2 weeks - "Sandor" at your factory sorted this.

9th November - I emailed you about more issues on the game, I asked you to make me a sensible offer to buy it back as it has had "more problems than any other game in Tilt". You asked me what they were, I said "constant and varying issues and the game had to go". You suggested you would fix it, I said I wanted the game to go and asked you again to make a sensible offer - NO RESPONSE

15th November - Chased you up after no reply from above. You replied offering 1. We visit and repair the game/2. We swop the game over for a different one/3. We buy the game back at 50% of the price paid - I accepted option 2

18th November - I told you I didn't want the replacement in Tilt as I wanted to sell it. You said your offer was subject to the game staying in Tilt, then you agreed you would swap for Alien in December for which I have been waiting ever since.

13th February 2017 - I told you that when Alien finally came, I was going to sell it, you said that wasn't the deal, I told you I could tell you I was going to keep it in Tilt but I am not a liar so therefore you should make me an offer for it.

Now, please explain to the audience and myself how you "WERE UNAWARE OF ISSUES" and "HOW I TRIED TO TRICK YOU".

Liar liar pants on fire!

Phil

I think 'the audience' got tired of this childish game some time back. How about taking this bullying playground stuff someplace else, like a phone :cuckoo:

Surely you get at least 1 year RTB Warranty on these? Its hardly bullying, airing ones views on a public forum.

I agree that it needs to go private now but I also appreciate that both businesses have reputations to uphold on this, the premier uk forum, so some level of dirty laundry needed to be aired but it's getting a bit whiffy now... I hope you both find a solution that works....

Surely you get at least 1 year RTB Warranty on these? Its hardly bullying, airing ones views on a public forum.

This is not bullying? It's pathetic.

You will clearly recall I offered to wrap the game over your head and burn it if you ever said 50% to me again, you offered 75% or, an Alien delivered into Tilt in December for a small "delivery charge". I was prepared to accept that compromise.

Phil

Perhaps the business side of this discussion, particularly the liar-liar stuff, belongs elsewhere but a discussion on machine reliability and manufacturer support?

I think it's important to air these problems if they exist. And I'm worried by what I'm reading.

That FT @philpalmer you're talking about - is that one that you were selling on here recently? I was tempted by one that was for sale here but I don't want a FT if they're unreliable, I don't have the skills or resources to constantly fix a temperamental pin.

I'm so excited by Alien, and I'm solidly behind Heighway and what they're doing. But again, I really don't want to part with so much money if the machine isn't properly engineered. I want it to work, and I want it to have a resale value.

All i can say is that if I'd had a machine this hosed, I'd be on the forum whinging about it also!

That's the thing, I can't remember anyone on here saying anything other than it looks a great game :hmm:

The criticisms are more about Andy's missed deadlines, Andy's missed refunds, Andy's general attitude on here for the past 2 years etc.

I've bought pins off the guy in the past, he seemed pleasant enough. You can't fight the whole internet everytime they say something you disagree with though. Not when you make the switch from a hobbyist to a businessman

Only one of these two businesses under discussion have any sort of positive reputation in the UK.

ah yeah, I remember all those non-existant legal threats Phil has made any time someone says anything negative about his company. Oh wait, that wasn't Phil...

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Andy, get someone else to do your social media stuff, you're making yourself look like an orange faced guy with tiny hands right now.

Doesn't bode well if you get an alien and it has a problem though. I had this on the list but not sure now.

yeah the bar is already gone but mate, fights are gonna start breaking out in the car park

edit: i just watched all 59min 14sec of that axe video, and have now learned all about single vs double, hasps, rasps, files, claws, hanging, the pole, a broad axe, adse, hatchet, and splitting.

Last edited:
its Lytham St Annes all over again!

if the thread stays on topic ie discussing the ACTUAL Alien game then no problem

quick summary as nothing to do with Andrew or Phil. POA show . Bob Thomson ( PInball Paradise) got a bit miffed with visitors playing games to death including the then new TOM but having no intention of buying anything so on the second day turned the "top" machines off freeplay which nearly ending in an "incident" in the car park involving Bobs "minders" and the show organisers.

Back
Top Bottom