What's new

Alien

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
LCD3.jpg LCD4.jpg Here is a sneek preview of the replacement for the Queen's Chamber.

The original concept was to have a 5" Airlock LCD screen on the rear of the rotating toy. The Airlock screen will now permanently replace the Queen's Chamber.

Featuring the next mode to collect, countdown timers and more - this is an independently-controlled LCD screen.

The photos show the prototype unit. Please ignore the cable at the top and the alignment/ratio of the screen. The positioning and angle of the screen is also subject to change.

This does not necessarily mean the end of the Queen model. She may yet appear elsewhere on the playfield - but likely as an official after-market add-on/mod.

LCD1.jpg

LCD2.jpg

Wow....very nice but also very late in the day to be making major changes like that, is it likely to delay release?

Wow....very nice but also very late in the day to be making major changes like that, is it likely to delay release?

No - the design is finalised, and the concept approved by FOX. The chassis will be constructed by us at our factory using our own machinery. Production quantities of 5" screens and control boards are now in stock, as of last Monday

I want to believe. Fingers crossed. Stern needs some competition.

Maybe produce a SLE model that Sigourney Weaver spat on for an extra 5 grand ?

ok, I understand the reason for the change but why does it need to be located there anyway? Why not have it or the original elsewhere? Leave the head as is and add more of a diorama around it.

I think the rationale was you had 2 xenomorphs next to each other, both at completely different scales. One or the other had to change and it made sense for it to be the one that wasnt really interactive

Why does the flyer have 2 limited editions?

Also the limited gloss black full throttle is red!

So no surprises on the le alien.

Looks like a really fair difference between the two models to me, and to be applauded - mainly cosmetic differences, unlike Stern's where half the playfield can be missing unless you invest in the top end models.

For pretty much the same price as a Stern Pro you can get Alien with the optional backbox LCD, shaker, topper and non-reflective glass.

If it plays and shoots well it's a no brainer.

Looking forward to feedback from EAG :)

Do the machines take 'standard' wide-body glass?

Just thinking about PDI glass, surprised it's not part of the LE or options.

Looking forward to playing it at EAG also.

Back
Top Bottom