What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

shipping january...

Attachments

• IMG_0282.PNG
    IMG_0282.PNG
    150.6 KB · Views: 120
"We are running behind schedule - but not by much. The 20 Standard Edition games should now be ready to ship within 2 weeks of us returning on 2nd January"

end of January not beginning.

Did Andrew say he plans to pump out 100 machine per month when they get going?

They'd get more done using power tools instead of hand screwdrivers.
It does look good though.

Less than 4 weeks ago, it was supposed to be 30 finished by Christmas and 100 per month starting January:

Andy is too busy funneling money into his new Hydrofoil business to be buying power tools:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10370844/officers
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXYhxXkjsklWQow86khRcDZ6n8DzH5_YI

Nowt wrong with having other interests.

You're like a crap Candyman; whenever there is mention of Heighway you pop up Ewan with some disparaging comments... Even you have to admit it looks like good progress is being made and the games look great.

Heighway is/was a director of several companies. Nothing unusual there.

I do find it disturbing that there appears to be no real assembly staff or equipment. I recognise several senior staff screwing together machines. Also concerning is the apparent lack of heat.
Where is the FTHR line and associated staff? If they are really going to be making 100 games/month (5 a day) why aren't those staff performing assembly on Alien?

Just getting a whiff of any possible delay would have me getting out as fast as i could. Best to wait until they have stock to sell rather than buy vaporware.

The goal is money and profit. Once you reach the goal, do you care as much?

To those who have something positive to say - thanks. A lot of hard work and effort has gone into this game. We nearly reached our target of shipping games in December. We are confident we will achieve this goal in January.

Power tools on the playfield? They are banned by me. Workers have damaged playfields with them in the past.

Russ - am surprised at your comments. I only had dealings with you once, but they were positive. Am surprised you know me that well to know "I'm only in it for the money" - which is simply bull****.

I've finally lost patience with ewan meadows and am going to look at legal action against him.

Every 6 months he surfaces with new pearls of wisdom about me and my company. "Heighway will never make a game" - we made games. "Heighway will fail" - we are still here, 4.5 years later. I'm going to finally look into legal action against him. I don't care what he says about me - but I have a significant number of employees at our company. This keyboard warrior spreads rubbish about me and it damages our company and employees.

If anyone has any positive comments to make or wishes to ask any questions - I'll do my best to respond.

Last edited:
Doing a cool alien project soon which would make a cool topper

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161214_f422e7345caefc32d492e076c6eae009.png.jpg

Will have lighting effects including a throbbing light in the egg so it kinda looks like the face hugger inside is moving

Power tools have a torque setting. This firstly prevents damage and secondly makes sure components are correctly fastened. There is no reason such tooling can't be used. The other side to this is the prevention of RSI and resultant claims against yourself. Ergonomics plays a large part in every modern assembly line.

Over-tightening an insert nut that sits 2mm below the playfield surface can easily cause it to push through the surface and the lacquer, rendering a playfield - worth hundreds of £s - as scrap.

If someone uses the wrong torque setting - then the same thing can happen.

I am talking from bitter experience here when we lost 10 playfields - yes 10 - from over tightened insert nuts.

This is why power tools are banned on the playfield

Andy, I played Full Throttle and what a blast and great game.

Alien looks awesome, well done.

Being someone that got stung with Predator, I was wondering if are you planning to have stock of machines say in 6 months? As if so what are the options of UK folks being able to collect and pay cash on collection?

Cheers

Julian

Over-tightening an insert nut that sits 2mm below the playfield surface can easily cause it to push through the surface and the lacquer, rendering a playfield - worth hundreds of £s - as scrap.

If someone uses the wrong torque setting - then the same thing can happen.

I am talking from bitter experience here when we lost 10 playfields - yes 10 - from over tightened insert nuts.

This is why power tools are banned on the playfield

surely thats possible with hand tools also though?

Neil.

Glad you liked it Julian.

Sorry you got your hands burnt on Predator. I'd like to think we are nowhere near that category as they never made a single production game ...

Yes we do plan on holding stock. Yes, customers can collect from the factory and we'd be hapy to give them a factory tour at the same time

With hand tools, you can "feel" when the nut is in place.

SN - is that you Phil? - I hear what you're saying. I'm just very nervous about power tools after such an expensive mistake by an employee.

I liked Alien at the expo, the machine looked good but it was too busy to get a play!

Andy, are you up for a twitch stream from your factory? maybe @strobey and a few of us could come down and do a live stream?

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom