What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
We are often asked what the differences are between our Standard Edition and Limited Edition models.

Here's our comparison chart, hot off the press...

View attachment 40280

What I really, really love about this is that the Standard Edition is a complete game. All of the extra goodies are seemingly cosmetic and optional if a buyer wants them.

Unlike Stern however, who completely shaft their customers by leaving off major game features in the Standard edition models. Add to this the artwork packages on their Premium and LE's often looks rubbish compared to the Standard one anyway.

Even Alien's 3 versions look more consistent than Full Throttle, and yeah the Red FT looks awesome but I always think a game should be consistent across its different versions, UNLESS it's re-realeased as a Special Edition or something.

Love what you and your team are doing, Andy! Keep up the good work, and I wish you massive success with this pin!

I couldn't find the pound notes pricing for this only USD - has anyone got the pricing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't find the pound notes pricing for this only USD - has anyone got the pricing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you're looking on Heighways website I think you need to click in to any of the products instead of just looking at the list. There should be a drop down box that allows you to change currency's. Once it's been changed to Sterling in one place, everything on the site stays in Sterling.

Good news. The cynic in me would suggest this is the same trick JJP pulled though, publicising sending a pre production model to a buddy when the real games are still 3 months away

It's going to over the pond to Chris Meyers. He's a regular tourney player in Pittsburgh and owner of Bradish Street Pinball Parlor.

Whether it's gonna be for his persinal collection or put on site, who knows.. but it's definatley No.1 off the production line!

Surprised no one from UK has got the first one.

wow one alien only 13 days now to produce the other 99 we where promised by the end of feb
wonder how long this will last before its out of action
Before what is out of action Chris? The company or the specific game in question?

Just trying to work out exactly what or who you are attacking?

Good news. The cynic in me would suggest this is the same trick JJP pulled though, publicising sending a pre production model to a buddy when the real games are still 3 months away
Wow, I'm not sure what we did for you to call us liars. All the first 20 games are going to paying customers

I am not atacking anybody Andy but you keep making promises and failing to follow them up on this alone I would not pay a deposit you had the chance to nail it at the aeg and I think you said you would have six fully working aliens and you had 2 cobbled together a paying customer turned up to play what he has already paid his deposit for and went away disappointed
You also said you would be producing 100 a month but in your factory tours it's dead 5 playfields half made up no staff any where a machine that makes posts sat in the corner not turned wouldn't it be better with staff everywhere and 50 machines getting made and the post machine banging out a 1000 posts an hour more like the stern tours
1 alien in billy bobs transit van in a dead car park should be a container of aliens ready to go I am sure to potential customers this looks poor

I am not atacking anybody Andy but you keep making promises and failing to follow them up on this alone I would not pay a deposit you had the chance to nail it at the aeg and I think you said you would have six fully working aliens and you had 2 cobbled together a paying customer turned up to play what he has already paid his deposit for and went away disappointed
You also said you would be producing 100 a month but in your factory tours it's dead 5 playfields half made up no staff any where a machine that makes posts sat in the corner not turned wouldn't it be better with staff everywhere and 50 machines getting made and the post machine banging out a 1000 posts an hour more like the stern tours
1 alien in billy bobs transit van in a dead car park should be a container of aliens ready to go I am sure to potential customers this looks poor

And this isn't an attack? I'm not going to bother replying to your post. You clearly know how to do a better job than me, or anyone at our company.

I will say one thing Chris - the guy you referred to is Aaron. He could only make it the first day, when we didn't have a game working.

We were going to pay for his train fare to the factory so he could play the game and get a factory tour. However, he came to the show for a second day, and got to play the game.

Wow, I'm not sure what we did for you to call us liars. All the first 20 games are going to paying customers

Hold on, this game was meant to be out 22months ago. Nordman left because of your completely unrealistic time lines. Then it was they will ship in the Summer 2015>Xmas>Soon>Couple of Months>Few Weeks etc.

Most people would have learned from their mistake a long time ago and stopped making promises they couldn't keep (100 by February?)

And as I'm feeling pedantic, at no point have I called you a liar. The game looks good but as a business man you are absolutely hopeless

- 1 game on location in England and you leave it broken and useless. Great advert

- Many people publicly ask for refunds on Pinside due to multiple missed deadlines (yours not theirs) and you drag your heels for weeks/months. In the post predator times you must surely know this is going to cause people to think the worst

- The only time you come on here is to dig people out. Jack used to do it on Pinside but learned it was pointless. It's the internet, people post opinions, some good, some bad. You can't control what other people say and starting an argument every time someone says something you disagree with is amateurish

My advice, and feel free to ignore it. Get the games built, shipped and supported and the rest will take care of itself

Keep going Andy. One thing for sure is that you can never please all of the people all of the time.

Some will take issue with the delays there have been in production and whatever experience they may have had with FT (positive or negative). Others will happily wait for what they hope to be a quality pin of a dream theme; and then, of course, you have everyone else in between.

Kudos to you for starting a pinball company in trying economic times and I genuinely wish you every success. As with everything, the proof will always be in the pudding.

I honestly hope you knock it out of the park as the market could certainly do with you. A great product at a 'reasonable' price (I only say that as I think NIB prices are ****ing mental).

I don't claim we got everything right. Yes, we have missed a lot of deadlines. But I know that people like Jonathan and Chris B think they know everything, when really they know little.

1 game in operation in the UK? Wrong again. I offered for us to fix it and to swop it out. Both were refused. I was never told of any specific problems with the game so it's hard to help fix something when we aren't told of any problems.

There are lots of informed people on this group. And there are a few who prefer just to flame because they, of course, can do better than us.

I normally stay away from here for a reason.

And yes - I will concentrate on shipping games.

so why not answer honestly questions that you get asked how many ft have you sold a question that somebody asked you some time ago and you refused to answer
how many ft out on location i am sure that people on here would love to know so they can go play them surely this would be good for sales

so why not answer honestly questions that you get asked how many ft have you sold a question that somebody asked you some time ago and you refused to answer
how many ft out on location i am sure that people on here would love to know so they can go play them surely this would be good for sales

How much money do you earn a year Chris? Uncomfortable with answering that question? Sales in our business are confidential information, and I won't reveal them to you, or to anyone. And why should I? I don't owe you anything. How many games we sell is irrelevent.

After all, Stern don't reveal their sales figures - and that's their prerogative.

Don't do it to yourself, Andy, don't call out individuals, you will only make them your opponents. We all want you to succeed, some of us more patient than others - but the missed promised deadlines are worse than keeping it vague and avoiding any specific goals. Just keep telling everyone it's on track and improving week on week, and stay away from forums.

Yeah I gotta agree with Chris that the factory tours aren't doing you any favours at the minute, maybe avoid those until it's a hubbub rather than a deadzone.

EVERYONE wants to see a brilliant Alien Pinball, take all the time you need.

Surely it makes sense to advertise where you have games on location in your home market?

This is the primary uk pinball forum. There's one game we know of on location and the owner and pinball heaven both say it's broken and unreliable.

Not sure what they would get out of lying to you and saying it works if it doesn't? Seems a bizarre thing to do

I've got nothing against you or your company, I like the look of the game and hope it's successful. I'm not going to blow smoke up your **** to keep you sweet though

There's a Full Throttle in The Sheppard's Bush Brewdog (curtesy of Matt Vince).

Not sure how much this info helps though. How many Hobbits are there on location in the UK? How many Walking Deads? Whatever the number it's not enough. I really want to play Aliens, so fingers crossed some do get out onto location.

Reactions: JT.
Back
Top Bottom