What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I mean mirror polished siderails and proper chrome legs would cost a fraction of that price (£200 ish)....so what in the hell is this faux optional extra all about?

I think the chrome trim is this:

View attachment 39583

The backbox is trimmed too. There's more photos here: http://www.pinballnews.com/games/fullthrottle/index11.html

Looks pretty nice, if a little OTT. What I can't get my head around is A) What is the composition of it for it to be called chrome effect? B) How much would it realistically cost to chrome plate that lot? Seems like it would be massively cheaper to buy standard, strip it down, get it sandblasted and chrome plated yourself.

its fairly standard options for pins, the cost is more than the sum of the parts.

loads of people cant be assed or dont have the skills etc to strip the metal work and ship it off for plating so will just pay the premium...
(haven't looked to see what each option get you so just answering in general)

You are assuming Andy offers a stripped down version of his hardware, and that may not be the case. In any offering there is bound to be a finish on everything.

It's expensive, yes. But if you ever go to a chroming place its hideously more expensive than you think. I use Teesside Chroming when i have to and everytime i do, there's a huge waiting list, silly prices (which are very competitive) and i always end up wishing i could have just bought the stuff i need already done.

You are assuming Andy offers a stripped down version of his hardware, and that may not be the case. In any offering there is bound to be a finish on everything.

It's expensive, yes. But if you ever go to a chroming place its hideously more expensive than you think. I use Teesside Chroming when i have to and everytime i do, there's a huge waiting list, silly prices (which are very competitive) and i always end up wishing i could have just bought the stuff i need already done.

Sorry, I don't want to have a massive downer on this. It looks like a good machine and a decent base price. It's also a great achievement that a small Welsh company is able to make these things at all. Great licence too! I have a huge dislike for the way powder coating has become the norm these days. Chrome or polished finish on legs and siderails ought to be base spec I believe.

me too. just enough tantalising without too many details. fingers crossed for a big splash when it lands.
the market is so pi33ed of now at cost and quality issues, that if this is a fun game to play at fair price, it could really change the landscape.

gif alien stapler.gif

me too. just enough tantalising without too many details. fingers crossed for a big splash when it lands.
the market is so pi33ed of now at cost and quality issues, that if this is a fun game to play at fair price, it could really change the landscape.

View attachment 39610
You have surpassed yourself Dan with the video, great work. Looking forward to seeing your take on Predator next :thumbs:

I have to say that this pinball table looks really ace! James Cameron used a very blue type of 35mm film and they've kept to this colour scheme and it works!

I've just remember that I booked tickets for the EAG so I'm excited to actually play this!

Andy. Table looks great. I m the worlds biggest Alien fan. In my bachelor days i acquired the original Promo, full size Queen alien head. No longer with me sadly. Also made my own full
size face huger in a tube from a vinal kit and an industrial lazer printer static tube. Still have queen alien metal art made of pistons and the like in the garage and many more aliens paraphernalia. I also did the Trocadero in London many many times when alien war was on. Anyway, if ever i get the spare cash i will tap you up for a machine. By the way, your scrapped play fields. Why not push them in a promotion as wall art in the UK and US ETAL? Or raffle them off, ,dosh to charity? best of luck with it all.

Gabriel Face.jpg DSC00078.JPG DSC00093.JPG DSC00096.JPG face tube under.jpg Gabriel Face.jpg DSC00078.JPG DSC00093.JPG DSC00096.JPG face tube under.jpg

Just the thing to stand next to your new Alien Pinball.
Hand made using all sorts of springs, metal, bolts... anything.
In real life it was huge so you'll need high ceilings. Was in the Forum Shops at ceasers. IMG-20161217-WA0048.jpeg IMG-20161217-WA0052.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom