What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Day at the Office Tournament

To be fair if a game does end up consistently playing waaay too long and everyone else is waiting that round to end, that game can be removed from future rounds. So probably no issue 👍

I'm not a fan of ball save off either. Less in multiball maybe but not on launch
Sounds like splitting hairs mate going that in depth, just turn off extra balls, some games are longer than others it’s the way it works, run standard settings, the pins theirselves will balance out scores and ball times,

Also double check that all are set up for tournament play for pitch 7 degree min on each? I spend the time on that in fairness

Sounds like splitting hairs mate going that in depth, just turn off extra balls, some games are longer than others it’s the way it works, run standard settings, the pins theirselves will balance out scores and ball times,

Also double check that all are set up for tournament play for pitch 7 degree min on each? I spend the time on that in fairness

Yes I wasn't suggesting altering ball save, just I can accept that over it off entirely.

Setting pitch is going to be a nightmare. @Hiltoncriss get a head start?🤣

To be fair I think the standard 6.5 suffices most of the time and at least you don't have to keep changing it then.

Yes I wasn't suggesting altering ball save, just I can accept that over it off entirely.

Setting pitch is going to be a nightmare. @Hiltoncriss get a head start?🤣

To be fair I think the standard 6.5 suffices most of the time and at least you don't have to keep changing it then.
Sound dude

Sure Hobbit is probably too long (unfortunately), but Alice Cooper and Black Knight are both in the new room and aren't super long games.
Agreed.

Definitely I vote for a MIX to provide more space and better cooling, as well as a wider selection of games.

My concern with modern games is how long they can play for compared to the others unless you remove rubbers and posts and set them tough

old games can play for just as long.

Regards,
Neil.

Don’t turn the ball saves off, people will get pretty pi$$ed with insta drain, especially if some of the people are real new comers

on games with save plunges this is absolutely what you should do!

I vote Mix 👍🏻
Also, haven't been in around a month, so may have already been dialed in better, but last time I played AFM it was a bit out of whack; left flipper hold skill shot launch was super slow (ball slowed right down before it even reached the left side of the orbit) and iirc some sdtm from the scoop kick out?

Here's the list of games:
  • Oktoberfest
  • Wizard of Oz
  • Dialed In
  • Alice Cooper
  • Black Knight Sword of Rage
  • AC/DC
  • Batman TDK
  • The Simpsons Pinball Party
  • Pirates of the Caribbean (Stern)
  • Twilight Zone
  • Attack from Mars
  • White Water
  • NBA Fastbreak
  • The Getaway: High Speed II
  • Fish Tales
  • The Shadow
  • Indi 500
  • Diner (possibly!)
Matchplay link will be ready in the next couple of days :)

Last edited:
Can anyone explain like I'm a moron how matchplay works - do we play every game or just a few? Can't wait!

Can anyone explain like I'm a moron how matchplay works - do we play every game or just a few? Can't wait!
Each round, everyone will be assigned to a 3 or 4 player game. You'll play your game, then at the end someone marks on the Matchplay website what the results were. Once a round finishes and everyone has finished their game, the next one will begin. We'll have at least 8 rounds over the course of the day. There will be an overall leaderboard with rankings based on your performance throughout the day.

The machine you'll be playing on is randomly assigned by the Matchplay site - it tries to make sure you don't play the same game twice, but there is a chance this may happen!

Each round, everyone will be assigned to a 3 or 4 player game. You'll play your game, then at the end someone marks on the Matchplay website what the results were. Once a round finishes and everyone has finished their game, the next one will begin. We'll have at least 8 rounds over the course of the day. There will be an overall leaderboard with rankings based on your performance throughout the day.

The machine you'll be playing on is randomly assigned by the Matchplay site - it tries to make sure you don't play the same game twice, but there is a chance this may happen!
Sound's exciting!

If anyone is tempted by the London SE league please let Claire know asap as we do have a waitlist for this event and would rather no last minute drop outs if possible 😁

Yes agree with Dave - please - I won’t know who is coming to the league meet so can’t help but there are a few on the list that fall into our league although all of them can afford to drop a round.

Back
Top Bottom