What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Day at the Office Tournament

I expect it was one of the unclean east of Englanders that brought it to the club. I’ve noticed @Nickoss II also developing webbed feet!

We had two cancellations, so two spaces opened up.

Next on the waiting list:

@MajesticPinball
John Burton
Jim King

I’ve asked John and he can’t make it so next two in line are:

James @MajesticPinball
Jim King

Please let me know if you still want to join.

Chris
I no longer able to make it I'm afraid but thanks for keeping me on the waiting list. Hopefully I'll be able to make the next if you host another.

I have set up the Matchplay Live link: https://matchplay.events/live/b0q0e

I changed from using PAPA scoring (4-2-1-0) to IFPA (7-5-3-1), as after speaking to a few people it seems that's the preferred format and should result in less ties. Hopefully this won't cause any problems ;)

See you all on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it!

Thought I'd clarify about the Matchplay link as someone had asked me - you don't have to do anything with it before the day, but I would recommend creating a Matchplay account before the event.

The Matchplay site will tell you who you'll be playing and you'll be able to enter the results onto the site with your phone after your games finish. You only need one person to add the scores in, but you need an account to do it.

I will have a laptop set up for me to use so I can add scores in for any group that aren't able to - but it just makes things easier if groups do it themselves straight after the game ends. :)

I also love Matchplay as you can look back at events you've played and relive your past glories.
😆

Due to rail replacement bus services from chestnut on Sunday I was wondering if anyone is able to offer a lift from there to the pinball office for 2 people on Sunday

Unfortunately Den had to cancel because of Covid issues. Thank you Den for thinking about everyone.
So one more space is free to take.
ApologiesChis, David and Claire - gutted I'm not going to make it. Was looking forward to my other half Steffi playing in her first tournament on Sunday, but confirmed she has covid today :-(
I'm testing negativng at the mo', but It's likely she'll pass it on to me by the weekend and I didn't want to cancel last minute or risk passing on to anyone, so gave up our places.
Have a blast everyone; no doubt it'll be a great day and no doubt I'll be at the next one 👍🏻

ApologiesChis, David and Claire - gutted I'm not going to make it. Was looking forward to my other half Steffi playing in her first tournament on Sunday, but confirmed she has covid today :-(
I'm testing negativng at the mo', but It's likely she'll pass it on to me by the weekend and I didn't want to cancel last minute or risk passing on to anyone, so gave up our places.
Have a blast everyone; no doubt it'll be a great day and no doubt I'll be at the next one 👍🏻
Sorry to hear that Den - hope Steffi feels better soon! We had it a month ago, David tested positive a few days before I did.

And yes, as @Neil McRae says - please take a Lateral Flow test before coming on Sunday everyone. :)

I have set up the Matchplay Live link: https://matchplay.events/live/b0q0e

I changed from using PAPA scoring (4-2-1-0) to IFPA (7-5-3-1), as after speaking to a few people it seems that's the preferred format and should result in less ties. Hopefully this won't cause any problems ;)

See you all on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it!
The challenge is to avoid coming last scoring nil points. Not a problem, but like a point for effort as they say!

The challenge is to avoid coming last scoring nil points. Not a problem, but like a point for effort as they say!
You still coming Ben?
Sorry about the trains, I feel responsible 😆
Sunday's are dodgy days for trains in East Anglia

Back
Top Bottom