What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Day at the Office Tournament

Long shot I know and short notice but just in case, wondering if anyone has any spare hex spacers like the one below that they can bring along to the event tomorrow please? ideally after 2 and a bit longer than the one in the pic but to be honest anything that fits would be good. It's slightly narrower thread than some but is standard to fit on a screw coming out of a platsic on a modern Stern.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow

Cheers
Greg

IMG_20220320_111933.jpg

Long shot I know and short notice but just in case, wondering if anyone has any spare hex spacers like the one below that they can bring along to the event tomorrow please? ideally after 2 and a bit longer than the one in the pic but to be honest anything that fits would be good. It's slightly narrower thread than some but is standard to fit on a screw coming out of a platsic on a modern Stern.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow

Cheers
Greg

View attachment 165634
What's the length of it? I have a few but not sure if they're any longer

Getting in some last minute practice, albeit digitally 😜

Attachments

• FD1962B7-BB43-4491-9349-C00A93D76C4E.jpeg
    FD1962B7-BB43-4491-9349-C00A93D76C4E.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 596C7BB5-237C-415B-B8B4-F6435C6D6285.jpeg
    596C7BB5-237C-415B-B8B4-F6435C6D6285.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 8
Course I am! So is Nick hamill and rayne!

How are you all getting there? The transport problem is why I didn't register for it.
Anyway I'm going to Neil's league meet tomorrow and will be only 1 of 5 that turn up which means guaranteed 16 points!

How are you all getting there? The transport problem is why I didn't register for it.
Anyway I'm going to Neil's league meet tomorrow and will be only 1 of 5 that turn up which means guaranteed 16 points!

It's a shame the trains in East Anglia tend to suck on a Sunday. Hopefully another event won't fall on engineering days

What a fantastic day it was today 😊
Big thanks to @Hiltoncriss for letting us play his gorgeous machines, and for superb hospitality
Also thanks to @Lecari for the smooth running of competition
And to anyone else involved in the organising of the event
Congrats to the winners ( whoever that may be )
Had to shoot off, as I’ve an early start for work tomorrow, so apologies for not saying goodbye

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for a fantastic day. Ethan and I really enjoyed it and it was great to chat to everyone.
Claire and David did a great job running the competition and the format worked really well.
Huge thanks to Criss for being an amazing host and sharing his amazing Pinball machines with us all.
Also well done to Gregg for winning the competition. :clap:

Last edited:
What a fantastic day. The competition was great and very well organised, but it was awesome meeting some more people who enjoy this crazy thing called pinball. Was great to see some old faces, new faces and young faces (most of whom beat me at least once).

Huge thanks to @Lecari @David_Vi and of course @Hiltoncriss for allowing us access to his amazing collection. We'll played to all the finalists, very well deserved, and congrats to Gregg on his win.

A brilliantly fun day was had by all I think, roll on the next one!

Yeah, we had a great day as well.

Once again the girls trophy collection has grown, but mine hasn't?!? o_O

Chris, you've got a great venue, we can't wait to come over again, thanks for hosting today.

And thanks to Claire for organising another fun tournament, although I played more games badly than I played well, it was all done with a smile on face, which has got to be the sign of a great tournament (director 😀)

Appreciate the thanks but I mainly assisted in the ideas and "don't forget about this" planning phase 😆
The actual day was all Criss and Claire!

Major thanks to Criss for the great venue and taking a chance in running a comp even though he didn't know how it might go. We're still new to this and as I said, it was mainly Claire and Criss.
Claire is great at event organising, public speaking and has really jumped head first into the world of IFPA comps.

So pleased the day seems to have been a success! I had a great day and like I said after our Pinhaus event, I love seeing people mix. The tournament regulars, our friends and new to tournament players.
Infact the final featured someone who has never played in a comp and is a pinball office regular.

I'm sure @Hiltoncriss & @Lecari will give a proper rundown and summary.

I'll just thank all of you for being the one the most welcoming and friendly communities I've ever known. 😁

Many thanks to Criss for hosting and Claire for organising. Fantastic setup, well worth a visit for anyone not too far away and really enjoyable fun day.

Great to meet some new players and well done to Paul for 2nd in a close final and to Pete and Gene for making their first finals.

Also thanks to David for the hex posts, very kind.

Can only be repetitive here:
Fantastic day at the tournament.
Many thanks @Lecari & @Hiltoncriss for organising and hosting - it went buttery smooth! Thanks also to the backroom boys who keep a great line up of pins in an excellent condition.
Finally, thanks to all the other attendees for being a great bunch of friendly people and for letting me do as well as I did ( which was a massive surprise I can tell you!) and to Greg, a well deserved win.
Looking forward to the next one 😁

Thank you again to everyone for coming - and to @Hiltoncriss for hosting! What a fantastic day.

Here are my personal highlights from the day:
  • David "I hate Whitewater" Bowery getting the Wizard mode on Whitewater on his first ball
  • Ethan Campbell offering a 20p bounty if they could beat Greg Mott on any game - I wonder, did @Andypc get his 20p?
  • Whitewater resetting because it couldn't handle Jupiter Hadley's amazing game (I think she was on 300m or so when it reset)
  • A tiebreaker game on NBA Fastbreak - Nick Hamill against George Boudi (age 5). I never expected that!
  • My final game on Fish Tales, up against Gene Aw, Dan Lewell and Jupiter - I managed to get Monster Fish, video mode, the multi ball jackpot and Rock the Boat and very nearly caught Gene's score up. I've never played Fish Tales so well in my LIFE (though sadly was only good enough to make 2nd) 😂
  • The final was SO TENSE - in round 3, both Greg and Paul were tied for 1st and Gene and Pete tied for 2nd. There was everything to play for and you could hear a pin drop on the final Batman: The Dark Knight game!
  • Pete Bennett coming 3rd in his first ever pinball competition - he didn't know anything about the community, just heard about the Pinball Office through Facebook and has been coming each week since it opened to the public. Incredible result! (I hope his wife was pleased!)
The U16 results - these were super close with just 1 point between Effie and Pheobe!
1. Sofia Boudi
2. Effie Lewell
3. Pheobe Lewell
4. George Boudi
5. Ethan Campbell

Full standings - I'll be submitting to the IFPA shortly:
1. Greg Mott
2. Paul Woollard
3. Pete Bennett
4. Gene Aw
5. Alan Adair
6. Owen Lloyd
7. Brad Attwood; Rayne Passmore
9. David Bowery
10. Roy Smith; Nick Hamill
12. Matt Peck
13. Andy Brock; Andy Campbell
15. Conrad Chambers
16. Armen Lloyd; Andrew Saunders; Alfie Adair
18. Dan Lewell
20. Steven Dale; Jupiter Hadley
22. Cristian Boudi; Sofia Boudi (U16)
24. Lee Parkin
25. Claire Lickman
26. Reece Powell
27. Effie Lewell (U16); Jim King
29. Phoebe Lewell (U16)
30. George Boudi (U16)
31. Ben Leigh; Dann Sullivan
33. Ethan Campbell (U16)

I have added photos to a Google album here, if anyone would like to contribute: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bC6CqAFh86x9d1HL6

Best wishes,
Claire

Back
Top Bottom