What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Day at the Office Tournament

I'm honestly not hexing anyone on this. My own fault for being a dick 😄

Just for you PAX... @Hiltoncriss please could you remove myself, James and my plus 2 from the waiting list. 5 over you now PAX :).

Chris - we will certainly visit you another time. I am sure the tournament will be amazing!
If you wish to, no worries. I will see you another time in this case. Cheers!

Last edited:
@Lecari - is there any news on the likely games selected for this event yet, or will it be a surprise on the day? 🙂

@Lecari - is there any news on the likely games selected for this event yet, or will it be a surprise on the day? 🙂

Not 100% yet. But our idea is to use most if not all the games in the main room and leave the more modern games out so they can be played casually between rounds.

So a Bally Williams fest really 😁

Ok, it’s time to vote.

Everyone that comes, please vote till next week!

I have two concerns. both are related to going for ONLY Bally Williams games.

All 32 titles available to choose from are listed on the website www.thepinballoffice.co.uk

Club Arrangement (2 rooms):

First room is around 40sq m with 8 modern machines (3X JJP, 2X AP, 2 Stern and 1 Spooky) and air con that can take any amount of people and keep the room to an extremely pleasant temperature.

Second room is around 50sq m with 24 machines (19 Bally Williams (90’-00’) and 5 Stern). There is a smaller air con unit that needs to cool down 24 machines not 8 like in the other room. This room will be kept cool if there aren’t more than 15 people in it. I’ve never tested with 30.

Concern 1 (advantage):

Going for only classics between 90’-00’ means that clearly many players will be in advantage (as these games are available to play for around 30 years). If we would mix it up with modern games, produced only a few years ago, the chances would be more balanced.

Concern 2 (room temperature):

I’ve never liked places that are hot and people get sweaty. If we would pick 4 tables from the first room and another 4 from the second room (Bally-Williams), I can assure everyone that the temp will be super pleasant in both rooms. If we all 32 people go in the second room, with the air con at the max, with 24 machines on and with 32 people breathing, I doubt it that it will be pleasant. Not to mention the space that we would have between us… not much

So in conclusion if we balance the titles and rooms it we will create a pleasant environment and the “old machines advantage” will be reduced.

This are my two concerns. Please think about them and vote one of the two options that we have.

Vote “BW” for option 1, everyone playing in the same room only Bally William games with no modern titles, not much space between us and probably sweating quite a bit…

Vote “MIX” for option 2, a mix of modern and classic games, balanced between the two rooms with more space between us and fresh air to breathe guaranteed.

Cast your votes now!

If there are 24 machines in one room and 8 in the other why not have 6 from the 24 and then 2 from the 8. That way you're balancing between the two options and should satisfy both concerns.

My concern with modern games is how long they can play for compared to the others unless you remove rubbers and posts and set them tough

Of course meaning that each round you might choose a different 6 and 2 but at least then you get the balance your looking for.

My concern with modern games is how long they can play for compared to the others unless you remove rubbers and posts and set them tough
Dialing down (or removing) the many ball saves also makes a big difference.

Also bare in mind there's still a chance all the games for some rounds could be in one room

Extra balls need to be off on each pin
Yes we need to go round and change all the settings which I'm dreading 😆

If wanting mixed I'd say add all the games except those closest the door like the two Pinball 2000 games so you don't have an area of congestion.

Yes we need to go round and change all the settings which I'm dreading 😆

If wanting mixed I'd say add all the games except those closest the door like the two Pinball 2000 games so you don't have an area of congestion.
Don’t turn the ball saves off, people will get pretty pi$$ed with insta drain, especially if some of the people are real new comers

Don’t turn the ball saves off, people will get pretty pi$$ed with insta drain, especially if some of the people are real new comers
I'm not a fan of ball save off either. Less in multiball maybe but not on launch

Back
Top Bottom