What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the problem with my price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racearcade

Banned
Registered
Hello there gents I put up a for sale post on Facebook, regrettingly, and have had some people from here slating my post for reasons unknown to me if you dont like the price why try start an argument then run off when I react the pins I'm selling are in top condition one is my own personal pin others are for someone else who approached me to help them sell so I agreed now I don't appreciate some dickhead who has been in games since time began or so what get over it slating me or my post and if you got anything to say let's have it , do you not see retro bars clubs opening all over uk pushing prices up I sure as hell didn't but my pin to lose money it's an investment for my kids so what if the price is what the price is why try be a dick about it .

How about if you where about to buy a pin that someone was ripping you off on? - would you not want to be alerted?

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How about if you where about to buy a pin that someone was ripping you off on? - would you not want to be alerted?

Neil.

No ones ripping anyone off I have invested money and time in all my **** so obviously not going to sell it for less than what I have in them so if the price is not your cup of tea why go out of your way to slate me if anyone has owt to say let's have it were all adults aren't we .

Hi @Racearcade - welcome to the forums, you will find we are a good bunch but also fiercely opposed to over pricing. It isn't a self preservation thing, lets be honest, you can buy a new in box game for just shy of £6k - so that generally sets the bar to where all else must sit.

You have just commented on time and effort in, I believe it was a Robocop. If we are being transparent, it is a £1,200 game - how much time and money have you put into it?

Sounds like it’s you that needs to be the adult and ignore the folks posting about your Sales post!

Nell.

Robocop is less than a £1200 game in my view - I love it but it’s more like £950.

Hi @Racearcade - welcome to the forums, you will find we are a good bunch but also fiercely opposed to over pricing. It isn't a self preservation thing, lets be honest, you can buy a new in box game for just shy of £6k - so that generally sets the bar to where all else must sit.

You have just commented on time and effort in, I believe it was a Robocop. If we are being transparent, it is a £1,200 game - how much time and money have you put into it?
Robocop ain't mine and neither is bk2k but I do have over £2000 in space jam after upgrades etc the person I'm selling for wants bo less than 1500 each and because I like to haggle I'm putting my bit on if bo one likes it they are quite happy to keep moving no need to start trying to take the **** because some people wont accept the **** being taken and will defend themselves obviously.

Also, on Home Leisure Direct, back to that thing about being over priced, I was offered a sale from them on one of my games, but knowing it would be flipped at an extortionate profit - took less money from a known forum member to ensure that didn't become part of the over pricing fad, again as it just isn't cricket.

Robocop is less than a £1200 game in my view - I love it but it’s more like £950.

I was assuming this one was super mint.

Sounds like it’s you that needs to be the adult and ignore the folks posting about your Sales post!

Nell.

No bud I got a message sayin if I'm genuine I should get on pinball info and sort this out so here I am

So if someone wants £1,500 for a robocop, probably 33% over priced depending on condition, but not too far out providing it is nice.

What are you advertising it at?

So I take it you didn’t sell space jam and you think that’s because folks posted that it wasn’t worth 2K - when the actually reason is that it’s not worth 2K and wouldn’t have sold even if folks hadn’t posted?

If the guy wants £1500 for his robocop, why are you taking 1k profit for selling it?

You've referred to 80s/90s pricing and yes they were significantly cheaper then. However, many people on here buy and sell lots of machines on a very regular basis so we have a very keen idea of what they are worth. Facebook and eBay are regularly checked, but more pins trade and sell on here (in the UK) than anywhere else (I'm referring to social media sites only). That said, on occasion pins do get sold for more, largely because someone is new or desperate to own. I have over 20 pins (and many people on here have a lot more) and buy and sell different ones regularly (15 or so in the last 12 months). I think your concern is that you want your "investment" back and I'm afraid that you may well have in fact overpaid at the outset.

We know what HLD and liberty do to games between buying and selling, and it is often less than forum members here do. And don't forget, they have VAT and a profit margin to add on.

In my experience, games pitched on Facebook and eBay go at or around the prices the individuals on this forum quote. Those that are way overpriced don't shift.

Only reason I'm selling is because arcade club opened a venue in my town so now I cannot compete and if they want any machines they are hopefully gonna have to pay same as home leisure and anyone else looking to increase prices
So if someone wants £1,500 for a robocop, probably 33% over priced depending on condition, but not too far out providing it is nice.

What are you advertising it at?
Its immaculate just look at the pictures no scuffs on edges etc but obviously anyone interested would have to judge it themselves

You've referred to 80s/90s pricing and yes they were significantly cheaper then. However, many people on here buy and sell lots of machines on a very regular basis so we have a very keen idea of what they are worth. Facebook and eBay are regularly checked, but more pins trade and sell on here (in the UK) than anywhere else. That said, on occasion pins do get sold for more, largely because someone is new or desperate to own. I have over 20 pins (and many people on here have a lot more) and buy and sell different ones regularly (15 or so in the last 12 months). I think your concern is that you want your "investment" back and I'm afraid that you may well have in fact overpaid at the outset.

We know what HLD and liberty do to games between buying and selling, and it is often less than forum members here do. And don't forget, they have VAT and a profit margin to add on.

In my experience, games pitched on Facebook and eBay go at or around the prices the individuals on this forum quote. Those that are way overpriced don't shift.
And that's why I don't normally sell on Facebook I have my own Avenue and most of my customers own businesses and are well off , last year I refurbed a data east hook and got £3k for it which i then used some of it to get spacejam so keeping the ball rolling so to speak and each one has been upgraded with new bulbs etc just general service and work perfectly so I think I'm done now I just wanted to get it straight and don't appreciate someone slating me .

This Used to be such a better scene and so much more fun before folk started seeing these games as “ investments “ money ruins everything. Damn I wish I had a time machine that actually worked and could go back to the monster meets at Bennett’s... anyone got any spare plutonium?? 😁

Only reason I'm selling is because arcade club opened a venue in my town so now I cannot compete and if they want any machines they are hopefully gonna have to pay same as home leisure and anyone else looking to increase prices

No operator would go to Home Leisure Direct, they will have contacts that they can call on to get practically any pinball machine. They will probably be buying up from here too, as machines here get far more care and attention than any HLD 35 point check, which I think 8 of are tightening the leg bolts.

Its immaculate just look at the pictures no scuffs on edges etc but obviously anyone interested would have to judge it themselves

If you think it is immaculate, compare it to this one that sold for £1,100

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/robocop.41528/

This one at £750

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/robocop.10178/

This at £650 although was some time ago

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/robocop-data-east-1989-£650.6927/

How does it compare @Racearcade??

Think I need to sit down and get the :popcorn:
Grab a chair bud
So I take it you didn’t sell space jam and you think that’s because folks posted that it wasn’t worth 2K - when the actually reason is that it’s not worth 2K and wouldn’t have sold even if folks hadn’t posted?

Oh I'll sell it no problem I ain't in a rush just testing waters I got a vr company to deal with this is just a hobby .

No operator would go to Home Leisure Direct, they will have contacts that they can call on to get practically any pinball machine. They will probably be buying up from here too, as machines here get far more care and attention than any HLD 35 point check, which I think 8 of are tightening the leg bolts.

If you think it is immaculate, compare it to this one that sold for £1,100

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/robocop.41528/

This one at £750

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/robocop.10178/

This at £650 although was some time ago

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/robocop-data-east-1989-£650.6927/

How does it compare @Racearcade
Times change bud about 1000 retro bars have opened since then .

If I was you I would suggest to the guy selling the other pins to come on here and sell them direct. He will sell them if priced correctly.
In regards to the space jam, you are best to keep it for personal use if you are worried about losing money.
I really nice one sold for £1400 not too long ago. So unless you are prepared to take a loss on it.
Those companies you mention have the same older pins in stock from years ago. So I don't imagine they shift much. However the ones they do sell are usually on finance so unless you offer that?

So you are basically tying to rip people off?!

Also, on Home Leisure Direct, back to that thing about being over priced, I was offered a sale from them on one of my games, but knowing it would be flipped at an extortionate profit - took less money from a known forum member to ensure that didn't become part of the over pricing fad, again as it just isn't cricket.

good man.

Well atleast I was in before the lock!

Times change bud about 1000 retro bars have opened since then .

Yes but also at least 7 new pins have been released, collectors have freed stock up by releasing more pins into supply and more are being saved rather than scrapped than ever.

Bottom line is, you are asking too much for Robocop, far too much for any collector and no collector will idly sit by and allow new members to be ripped off. If you want to sell to companies, such as these 1,000 new bars, maybe they will use it as a profit write down, but I personally don't think selling to a newcomer at that level is ethically correct.

That's my opinion, and like assholes, everyone has one. It's just some people are assholes too.

So now I know where to avoid facebook and here as it's full of people keeping prices down when they are increasing well done gents I know where to come if I want a cheap pin

So you are basically tying to rip people off?!
He said that he is selling to rich people, so I think you can draw your own conclusion. Problem is if you use a "social" media site for a "generally known" overpriced machine, then you should probably expect some "social" input - broad marketing attracts broad attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom