What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Hawkins ... stranger things thread

The ghosting leds are on all games I wouldn’t worry about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Erm... really? I've never seen them on a modern Pin before and it shouldn't be happening. There's clearly a fault with either the LEDs or more likely the board.

IMG_20210829_161800281.jpg

Last edited:
I can shoot the Demogorgan in the gob from the left flipper but not from the right. I've read about all the changes you can make to raise/lower its height by adding/removing washers but don't want to mess with it too much as shots from the left are fine.

The playfield is level side to side but its hitting low from the right flipper so might add something on the top right of the ramp to make the ball jump up a bit unless there is a better way to dial it in?

I can shoot the Demogorgan in the gob from the left flipper but not from the right. I've read about all the changes you can make to raise/lower its height by adding/removing washers but don't want to mess with it too much as shots from the left are fine.

The playfield is level side to side but its hitting low from the right flipper so might add something on the top right of the ramp to make the ball jump up a bit unless there is a better way to dial it in?

If the Demogorgan has a hex spacer propping it up then that’s the newer version (no need for washers)
It’s trickier from the right flipper but definitely possible - can you shoot the left orbit ok? - (ie: is the flipper power ok)

Also check the ramp length, this is something that was changed (from short to slightly longer I believe) - happy to measure mine & take pics [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would start by taking the right flipper power up a bit and see if that helps.

I had to take the Hex Post out, even after the new ramp was fitted, it’s a bit of pain, but you only need to do it once.

Like is mentioned above, it’s easier from the left, but still achievable from the right.

Last edited:
Agreed, easier from the left flipper but possible from the right. I can only really nail the mouth shot from a cradle though, rarely on the fly, and it def gets harder due to flipper fade.

Looking at a picture of an 'incorrect' ramp mine appears to be correct. No problem shooting the left orbit, the flipper power is at the default maximum of 255.

Looking at a picture of an 'incorrect' ramp mine appears to be correct. No problem shooting the left orbit, the flipper power is at the default maximum of 255.

Strange one, I’ll have a good session on mine in a bit and let you know how my right flipper shoots vs the left

Just had a Demogorgon assault session.
A clean shot from cradle is spot on from both flippers (doesn’t always go in but it’s the right height). Weak shots hit a little low and on the fly can be anywhere from on target to over his head!
Just got 89 million on the 2nd Demogorgon mode [emoji106][emoji106] - which there’s no high score table for which is a real shame and another area where Elwin excels.

This was a bit daft - started the 3rd Demogorgon mode, then straight away started total isolation. Couldn’t get the super jackpots as the ramp was down?!

Thought I would throw these out in this thread, was asked to design some flipper toppers for Stranger Things. Not the final design as I will likely make the Demo black so it blends in with the flipper body but layer it with 2 layers of GITD filament which will react under the UV light and hopefully make the demo appear during upside down.

Could do with one person to just test these work as planned, if not I’ll likely coat the deno in UV reactive paint.

Attachments

• 63A6B93D-8A96-4D2F-94A5-7188FF78DFE3.jpeg
    63A6B93D-8A96-4D2F-94A5-7188FF78DFE3.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 26
Thought I would throw these out in this thread, was asked to design some flipper toppers for Stranger Things. Not the final design as I will likely make the Demo black so it blends in with the flipper body but layer it with 2 layers of GITD filament which will react under the UV light and hopefully make the demo appear during upside down.

Could do with one person to just test these work as planned, if not I’ll likely coat the deno in UV reactive paint.
I volunteer!

That's very cool ... second volunteer 🙋🏻‍♂️

Mike Vinikour interview including a Stranger Things deep dive.

Screenshot_20211021-152314.png

I left the club again today for the second time , technically the third stranger things I have bought :)
IMO the best modern stern of all time, sure the new owner is gonna be made up 🥳
DAA6B3AD-2A3D-4A21-8C58-6FCFB6FDAFBA.jpeg

Good work! It’s a great game, unlike anything else, such an atmospheric game!
Unlike anything else apart from AFM where the layout is almost identical 😁.
I know what you mean though, it really is a great game and I am a big fan too, it’s my go to game every time I visit @Chief Coffee

Finally decided to replace the rubber kit after having @Andydn over. The slingshots were getting worn/loose which was resulting in some air balls.

New Titan Glows installed and gave the playfield the once over.

The powder coat doesn't come through in the light but I've got purple coated legs now.

The infamous 99 day delivery topper also.

#Nevergonnagiveyouup.

vfu-eNKozbxurE9ZmDnOg736SO2J4-N1xh3DfUIWEAr6SAr-y39rjfCF_30itz3mQ03mqRMUKugzsliXHNfC6lMiareOm5xeBU_O_D-vJdJOZIdgSipVsYlx6DqsOKiLy8kEvMTQGPrZXDf_RNwSv9Ee7MV-1uPbrv3D1WdqYmmV1ShqvbWDgMKL3Yw_RLo_Wk8iVzmAk1UTQPdA0eXHBj-Gphp8938RbIABiKtTQ-m0JVT4kUwdTFzjhHYa5gMHgpJQiFE8e6IfputyvEvw0B2O1lcs-YeuZugN9AcS8ujsNAL5CBFHyxIDAyTD9PjkFoMTd8ygZV8NXdMEf49IEsKGXzsHXxPHtSQvkm_wR1y06SOiQPXVh7nBHucIfJUpX2TeBkXG66J2ZhLsBwavlifmDumG2oUPDb-Sf9aMKNaOPpMIwBh9-ZeMMqLfCBaSAzRPbSWHI7yXDg4ctaiTHzDpS8yweCUhlHZFVJb8X-K7CD3yn8lo-xy3zix2Gf7WTrwhgCftnBsgtbchA87Pqvkdf6Zy-TyvtmJMuGfT3-0IDruEMWuCA5TbWjh-vuj8cpNT4kzEwuojMNurFC19l5gY88SxlF_0lneBKZXc9-7ljJWQ4aq6xAsCH0KlVmAmn7cdKoNDM07WUlpmJEAQhcUCo3zhVXykyBmoX-k9Jmr9rFcI-dZuuw4AaL3D3WhC_rEs6ISODWGRL1LpEA82wwMN=w1730-h1297-no

wG8JNSvDEthcmk5kdBGJ1lig9n79qyfyAgoi_UEEMqbr9fZLElgff5F9nGhLB4fW_5-qBQnvXXYpsvk5myiLcJVUfVIoNDVq32N4p3eYhVj6qY7Y1X-z96nnXCHJCEKunYEUQXuoE6QyzRZZJHvXRkftpTcWlfH0IE8ZfUY_E4Z5I1zBvw5gP3ibr8KcWIFoIMECsbD7lHYLjFerGaqC9bGRTNOnUUBgsUPT70X0L8Q_QrDACToDy_8lfefmxU7POu443kL78TTc40tJ3S0CkAccsVpEV4hfLowpL-uiVQrCPNXtXOpSkPnwLE-sZQJBDXjXIekn7SXsDSODxTpmVZ0JB6kgw1JJnjKr_CBBP_WNwWJUEA-aLwqBsxEts4VvgkMz25UQyRBEB9sCYF5iEL3sPouFXQ1_1MO1R3LCEH-ccEVfSYF8xkBZ6LFdopiYYD_imGgdHGScfPDEesZfiqAghbktjRLybza5GZJQIxLESUZFw171mwW0KwgseR5Q8jRst-2uH76w03pzj1BVEREQmPka0r2R7HiIQtQ5QOlqgWw5oYJfCLp_liPRq7XsXdTN1hgh8z6fOVbwWi0YD9ViDmIAXsqkSu4lvBvyArk6M6PInVsPJjvWg_87Ge-CfUqXWm8NaBjtlNSe2XeE_4uJxNpyf8Ou4UNsfi_6Ob6MJaUcULreCKB21BUWiIgpfwrcIwfexmpZ0xf_MRo9fuu-=w1730-h1297-no

fDxqFC_f8vj45R9O6QIj4dOsbXp2FaTBUJqiJ2mjaHykpf_r8irt5Iug2zNovqEhKTYch5q4XbDlP703OnvqTsvvDeWn8Jj6VNMh9h4Y8PsGfi-5cNWNjbYPKwsHVkOkGvc0Pp3XbcaApufUSDRyEdq3_yEj2T2nn9isbtJoDMNEnfsmerG-VskV7Mtvp_5ygQLSk_nNSL6OoAAKGLiD5oYufHzE85vw2AUEct5yJverJ-z7ko2xYzNOQ0r1dDY8lmfYy1kw2E5KVyKobE1laeeEEIHsoJrC-hY4P4tHN1gHUFvHtaSOtE3gVT5n6e3-xx0iaWAIpAjFAe3yROWJrJH-AtffQdwLZ8TOJgK2YnpaXiLXcNz4HEUL-lXipideemqkryYV14wgXs2R2Wrymg6uNmUCoclgcdrs5-QJJy9NCsZfo4IG0GAZTH1qOw3cCztRRwo_tTVaV8cOG9G3UCdAhmSu0yfL7sDdZcV8qVf_Tu-erPAy3nvemTKpQ2Kklt_uoW9yQsLxjMcqGE9jtMVEFe1aKQT7wqVW3GSRSm_KhC2zxmeQMaACfWvRklJn-0zFGvnyKVq_9mOko6q3TIdg54zMj_YivtaDwgnnrZcwe4MbD_B7aszvFbGO2qXfMKqN8g8k-PWPcDRQ8ms5cEaOsjtL8Z6xU1hrLDsyJl-R3jOYydEpBBmb621ya-zxQOa68fdQYL1weEXLd6oNauwP=w1730-h1297-no

siwHgMigqeO8ILD85vWd1bl2qKm1_gbceng844bLY_A1MlFL19J26dEL78iO1H6BH9ETiY3IFBL6U_-JkXHXui9RZ-4ynuIh_aMTdvsrESfsYJLQPcF3_2f8fKcZIwsY75jaDYg_EzaY5t0MnLoN5xlesbzf2ao7PXyjOxMpuphuuQAlHeXy2ue9eV_07zw8QNfxeT8lpdvz35fngZbC_Cgihj68l4_ekKwSxRosk0PT9-1ykLZ_jl5l8DbyQcqKWm8eU5Th5Xdc7XSttbtDP3tNaDabKv0XmCzhfgxTlLYBVR7U64aPDwRqBUVK_Dr2TGvDBvFOUau8KHVyHA6AaQZD1B5Nx8qvBrvLInSpq2KxpoP8_4X5rIRVPkMhJtDp9zumYnLzCjsEzmFJVbhOK0mVszNHrcDcJYB3GEkp2uZBZP3OBSjDWFwWSh9nCC99FgAPrmcw21616uZqg3szQxLRzHMcZ9RMjvvbKxvfE4vjdnFRkde15wsIIrNOKAIgalcly50UMAkqhzmRpbKU62vSvQwzJSz27OM4jdfVfvypFRLW0DKnIfWg5vUgCfvDjnUuSRl-nfC_RAq0xOjHLC1IDdg1KOk5clri8OW42_igkFkJjdaxQpSRvHQdekB5ZpFVY7rgu1P9oY5OId1PhdNBzCc0ntxhvfnb4GxZHGUJkM1CoRrzyyX8qx4FdxBe45_GK2XiwJ8Qoom65qI-cbdL=w1730-h1297-no

Really pleased to have joined this club . Sound and light show is amazing. I know what people mean about having to get it dialled in . Seem to have the TK lock working now though 🤞. Can't believe people rubbished the projector. It's a really cool feature particularly the projections on the targets /spinner.
My left saucer ejects halfway up the burn it back and back down which is ok but I understand it's meant to hit the targets ? What do I adjust ? Cheers all

Really pleased to have joined this club . Sound and light show is amazing. I know what people mean about having to get it dialled in . Seem to have the TK lock working now though 🤞. Can't believe people rubbished the projector. It's a really cool feature particularly the projections on the targets /spinner.
My left saucer ejects halfway up the burn it back and back down which is ok but I understand it's meant to hit the targets ? What do I adjust ? Cheers all
There's a few videos on YouTube on how to do it. It's proper finicky. You can adjust it but I find it doesn't really matter that much. Glad you are enjoying it.

Literally just loosen the 2 nuts on top of the kick out deflector, turn it towards the targets & retighten - it’s a nice quick job, removing left hand ramp (long clear section) will make it easier.

Anyone had opto connector issues to node board? I have a flaky one keeps dropping out, stopping the ball lock post operating. Hoping not the node board header and is a connector re-pin task, although never done one as small as this before. :(

20211217_172818.jpg
20211217_172936.jpg

Back
Top Bottom