What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Hawkins ... stranger things thread

Anyone had opto connector issues to node board? I have a flaky one keeps dropping out, stopping the ball lock post operating. Hoping not the node board header and is a connector re-pin task, although never done one as small as this before. :(

View attachment 155299
View attachment 155300

Yes i've fixed the exact same problem on a turtles pro for a customer recently. Check the 5v and ground feeds to the opto transmitter board. The wires are daisy chained around the playfield and if the chain breaks /has a bad connection somewhere then everything after it stops working. Remember everything on spike is direct switches no matrix.

The issue on the turtles pro was the ground wire chain went to a flipper eos switch which was broken off.

Cheers Jim, but I have this problem on one opto only. As soon as I re-seat it, it works again. Just been happening more frequently this week, maybe pf vibrations affecting it.... was thinking of re-pinning the connector first?

Cheers Jim, but I have this problem on one opto only. As soon as I re-seat it, it works again. Just been happening more frequently this week, maybe pf vibrations affecting it.... was thinking of re-pinning the connector first?

As chris says, no harm in having a look at the connector and pin in question. Maybe a bad crimp from the factory?? But I'd also check the wiring through to the opto board and the opto pair itself with a simple buzz test for sanity sake. Is the opto the newer smd type boards or a more traditional led lens type? i've not ever needed to look in detail at mine.

Presume the newer SMD type with red dot in the corner to indicate power. This goes out when playing up and a re-seat of the connector to node board gets it working again. Must be bad crimp or squashed pin I think.... will have look/tinker tomorrow or wait till have the right pins/crimping tool available. First thing to try anyway, cheers.

Yes well spotted not obvious in the main text!

- Added pricing/credits text to the attract mode tutorial page.
- Fixed an issue where the game was not updating the player up name in single
player games.
- Now STERN INSIDER CONNECTED achievements are shown at the beginning of bonus
count.
- Fixed a bug where, upon completing Final Showdown, sometimes the game would
not start the "Snow Ball" dance mode.
- Moved the position of the damage meter used in Demogorgon modes/multiballs,
Send it Back, and Final Showdown such that it does not overlap the player
name icons used in STERN INSIDER CONNECTED games.
- Moved text in "Light the Fire" and "Total Isolation 2 Multiball" such that it
does not overlap the player name icons used in STERN INSIDER CONNECTED games.
- Moved the position of the damage meter used in Demogorgon modes/multiballs,
Send it Back, and Final Showdown such that it does not overlap the player name
icons used in STERN INSIDER CONNECTED games.
- Changed the Bulls@!t achievement icon to "BS"
- Fixed a bug where a mode total display effects would not play and end properly.
- Modified the upside down hurry up topper background lamp effect to not time out.
- Fixed a problem where the Swipe-A-Ball award lamp effect ran too long.

One interesting thing is how are us stranger things pro users going to use a stock insider upgrade kit when we have the uv kit installed? Seems like we need a special (3rd) apron with the holes in for the uv lights? or am I missing something?

They look good, but I think I prefer the red ones, as they are meant to resemble the warning lights on the Hawkins Tower.

Is it still possible to get the UV kit for this?
I *think* Stern may have stopped making them. So could be a bit of a hunt for one.
Shame if so - as IMO it’s an absolute killer feature ….. all visitors to play mine are just wowed when it kicks in 😎😎 Especially with funky rubber to change colour.
Of course it should have been fitted from factory …….

Cheers Marv. I don't actually have the game yet but if the deal happens I'll buy this

@huggers try and get one with the UV Kit already installed, as it’s no picnic to install either! But I agree with the above it a must have on this game!

I have a love / hate relationship with this game, I love the game (theme, look and gameplay), but it also kicks my **** most of the time! But I agree, it’s one of Stern’s best from the ones I have played and quite a bit under appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom