What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Hawkins ... stranger things thread

Gave it another chance but this is why Stranger Things 4 sucks:

- Kate Bush - Running up that hill - thanks, i now completely hate this song, Maxs' favourite

- Eleven cried all the way through each episode

- Eleven in the labs was a drag .... FFS someone kill me now

- Eleven throwing up her palm and making a snarly face. Yawn..... When you can play that card at any moment - and they did, often - I just longed for Vecna to stop prevaricating whenever he had his hand over someone's face and just get the fcuk on with compound bone fractures and eye-popping. Nope, he would suddenly become loquacious and blether on about one thing or another

- Acting feels completely forced...maybe they need better toffee

- The clumsy way they try to pair off some of the characters as fancying each other - cringe

- Hopper stuck in Russia" jeez what a frikin drag , Russian gulag WTF. I thought the prison escape was going to be sorted by end of first episode.....nine frikin episodes of looking at some random Russian prison taking up way too much video tape

- Vecna, starts of as a real bad as5... then ends up being as scary as Bungle out of rainbow, just looked comical, walking around slowly like he has arthritis. Bimbling down the long corridors and in the upside down. What about those sound effects when he walks, like he has sh1t his nappy

- Jonathan and Will? Got paid a fortune for doing absolutley jack sh1t for the whole season

- The lab rat with the white hair trying to help El get her powers gets right on my t1ts. What a mind fcuk

- All said and done, just tedious. The Duffest brothers are smoking way too much weed with all the money they are making from this sh1t franchise.

Unbearable

Gave it another chance but this is why Stranger Things 4 sucks:

- Kate Bush - Running up that hill - thanks, i now completely hate this song, Maxs' favourite

- Eleven cried all the way through each episode

- Eleven in the labs was a drag .... FFS someone kill me now

- Eleven throwing up her palm and making a snarly face. Yawn..... When you can play that card at any moment - and they did, often - I just longed for Vecna to stop prevaricating whenever he had his hand over someone's face and just get the fcuk on with compound bone fractures and eye-popping. Nope, he would suddenly become loquacious and blether on about one thing or another

- Acting feels completely forced...maybe they need better toffee

- The clumsy way they try to pair off some of the characters as fancying each other - cringe

- Hopper stuck in Russia" jeez what a frikin drag , Russian gulag WTF. I thought the prison escape was going to be sorted by end of first episode.....nine frikin episodes of looking at some random Russian prison taking up way too much video tape

- Vecna, starts of as a real bad as5... then ends up being as scary as Bungle out of rainbow, just looked comical, walking around slowly like he has arthritis. Bimbling down the long corridors and in the upside down. What about those sound effects when he walks, like he has sh1t his nappy

- Jonathan and Will? Got paid a fortune for doing absolutley jack sh1t for the whole season

- The lab rat with the white hair trying to help El get her powers gets right on my t1ts. What a mind fcuk

- All said and done, just tedious. The Duffest brothers are smoking way too much weed with all the money they are making from this sh1t franchise.

Unbearable
***SPOILER ALERT***

Season 1 of Stranger Things was a fun, dark, missing child in the 80's tale, some nice homages to 80's cinema etc. It was a cool little show.

By season 3 we've got 11 dancing about to Material Girl with Max the Dig Dig champion as they try on neon 80's fancy dress. The bizarre fetishistic look at 80's pop culture went way too far. Remember GHOSTBUSTERS? Remember ARCADES? Remember MALLS.

That storyline where the kids infiltrate a Russian base hidden under the shopping mall was so unbelievably stupid. Then there was that Poundland Terminator bloke, the Wish.com Gremlins music at the school when Dustin's pet escapes etc.

Season 4 is better than 2 and 3 but it's still a bit of a mess. It's way too long, flabby and has multiple story threads that go nowhere. All of the stuff with Hopper in Russia is unwatchable. The kids in the Pizza van etc, awful. The Vecna story has promise but it's oddly crammed into a small time frame. The Stephen King IT homages are quite nice (you'll float too') but overall it's a bit of a mess and really feels like a show for young adults now. I should add, I'm still somewhat entertained by it despite all these misgivings so it must be doing something right!

80's fantasy horror done right, see Donnie Darko.

Just wondering how far people are getting in the game ?
As much as I love it I’m wondering as an average player if I’ll ever see the mini wiz modes …never mind the final showdown and the Snowball mode 😀
I’ve only made it to Total Annihalation 2 a few times . Not seen either Season mini wiz mode yet …. close a few times. Have been to the 5th Demogorgan battle a few times.
My high score stands at about 1.6 billion . I see folk on Pinside racking up 3 or 4 billion !

I’m considering doing the unthinkable and either making it 4 ball or cranking up the extra ball awards 😮 Or maybe just play more / try harder 😀

As much as I love it I’m wondering as an average player if I’ll ever see the mini wiz modes …never mind the final showdown and the Snowball mode 😀
I’ve only made it to Total Annihalation 2 a few times . Not seen either Season mini wiz mode yet …. close a few times. Have been to the 5th Demogorgan battle a few times.
My high score stands at about 1.6 billion . I see folk on Pinside racking up 3 or 4 billion !

I’m considering doing the unthinkable and either making it 4 ball or cranking up the extra ball awards 😮 Or maybe just play more / try harder 😀

I am in exactly the same place as you mate! I am not a great player and at times I just find it not very enjoyable as I am getting my **** kicked. But then you have a good game and it flows, the UV kit kicks in and the music and it’s the best game!

I have never had a game that I love and hate at the same time as much as this one 😂

I have toyed with selling / trading it 😳 but I am just not ready and think I will miss it!

Any stern game is ****ing impossible or any new game for that matter. The likes of me can only get kicks out of achieving a skill shot on those.
This is from the man whose owned wh20 for 8 years and never had a VJ. Even @mufcmufc came round and got it on his 4th game.
I’ll stick to really deep games like taxi and diner. Bah

I am in exactly the same place as you mate! I am not a great player and at times I just find it not very enjoyable as I am getting my **** kicked. But then you have a good game and it flows, the UV kit kicks in and the music and it’s the best game!

I have never had a game that I love and hate at the same time as much as this one 😂

I have toyed with selling / trading it 😳 but I am just not ready and think I will miss it!

Yep. I had a run of below 100 mill games last night ….. one of them was 12 mill 😂 Was losing the will to live then I had a 700 mill game and made some nice progress .

Pretty much the same here. I'm on factory 3 ball with 2 eb levels and 12 sec ball saver. I've been 1 for 2 modes off completing the full thing a few times, so i think its doable for us 'normal' players. I actually think its a pretty decently coded game for the regular pinball player. Excellent players are probably going to get board too quickly, but i think its got the difficulty just about correct.

Pretty much the same here. I'm on factory 3 ball with 2 eb levels and 12 sec ball saver. I've been 1 for 2 modes off completing the full thing a few times, so i think its doable for us 'normal' players. I actually think its a pretty decently coded game for the regular pinball player. Excellent players are probably going to get board too quickly, but i think its got the difficulty just about correct.

Yeah, the code is pretty good. I remember playing it on early code before I bought my one and it was terrible.

The code is good in its simplicity, as you can easily explain it to a new player, but getting there is another thing.

It seems to be a very well regarded game and I see there are loads of Want Ads up.

Yeah, the code is pretty good. I remember playing it on early code before I bought my one and it was terrible.

The code is good in its simplicity, as you can easily explain it to a new player, but getting there is another thing.

It seems to be a very well regarded game and I see there are loads of Want Ads up.
Yep, the usual thing, everybody dumps on a game when it first comes out and the code isn't done, then fast forward a year and its the best thing ever. Rinse and repeat for all the new games just released now...

The whole reason all these games come with a settings menu with oodles of different settings is so you can set the game to suit your playing skill level.

I’ve got my GZ on the easiest of easiest settings, 5 balls and loads of extra balls.

I couldn’t get anywhere on 3 ball std settings. Now i’m loving my 9-10 ball games! making progress and enjoying the later modes and mini wizard modes. As my game times get longer due to experience, i’ll tighten things up.

Try it. you’ll start to enjoy your games again.

My STh is on factory settings and I can only get to TI1... Been so close to TI2 soooo many times but not good enough unfortunately.

It's a shame how tight licensing is on stuff like this as I even though it's unlikely to get additional seasons due to inserts, having stuff like Master of Puppets multiball or NES multiball would be epic.

Last edited:
My STh is on factory settings and I can only get to TI1... Been so close to TI2 soooo many times but not good enough unfortunately.

It's a shame how tight licensing is on stuff like this as I even though it's unlikely to get additional seasons due to inserts, having stuff like Master of Puppets multiball or NES multiball would be epic.
If Stern revisit Bond with Moore, it would be good to see them revisit Stranger Things season 3-5, season 3 was my favourite along with season 1 then 4.

If Stern revisit Bond with Moore, it would be good to see them revisit Stranger Things season 3-5, season 3 was my favourite along with season 1 then 4.

I just finished watching season 3 last night. So damn good! On to season 4 tonight haha!

I was actually looking for a ST machine last night after finishing s3 lol. Played the ST at pinfest and really fell in love with it. One day I will own one!

Just had a thought. They could add inserts via the projector to the ramps and screen.

They won't, but possible.

You could easily add some extra mb rounds like master of puppets mb by collecting switch hits or number of total ramp shots etc kind of like Deadpool with mech attack etc

You could easily add some extra mb rounds like master of puppets mb by collecting switch hits or number of total ramp shots etc kind of like Deadpool with mech attack etc
Yeah good point.

My dream of MOP and NES MBs are still alive.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    703.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm a little late to Hawkins but on Friday my friend sold his very nice Stranger Things Pro to me!

I consider myself very lucky as all of a sudden it seems this pin is in high demand? (not to mention I'm a big Stranger Things fan) and this one is a very nice example with a custom paint job which features "Welcome To Hawkins" on the lockdown bar, Palace Arcade Sign on the backbox hinges and lightning bolts on the rails :)

It also has some other nice mods including...

Shooter Lane Baseball Bat
Joyce's Communication Wall
"Friends Don't Lie" Flipper Bats
Speaker Light Kit
UV Kit
D&D Die Flasher Dome
Mezel Mods Arcade Sign (needs fixing - lights up but no longer spins)
Stern Art Blades / Decals
External Headphone Jack / Volume control (needs installing)
D&D shooter rod (needs installing)
Cleland Code

I'd like to swap out the red flasher domes for purple but apart from that I don't think I will do any other mods...perhaps a shaker motor? - worth it? Opinions on the shaker motor please.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 65
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 69
Got a pro last week, loving it so far! The UV kit is better than I thought it'd be considering it doesn't affect gameplay at all. Yesterday I got Bull **** mystery award and then TKMB the next shot and I celebrated like I'd gotten to Final Showdown...yes I'm childish 😆

Back
Top Bottom