What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Hawkins ... stranger things thread

Dibs if/when you move it on! Happy to trade with a lovely Iron Maiden I've just received 😂

Edit- just realised I said that in the post above too haha. Shy bairns get nowt!
😂 I’ll add you to the list, believe it or not there’s already 3 people ahead of you! Think it’ll be here a while though, wasn’t sure I’d like the straight forward code but I’m really enjoying it as something different to the Elwin pins and even though it’s simple there’s a ton of stuff you need to do.

😂 I’ll add you to the list, believe it or not there’s already 3 people ahead of you! Think it’ll be here a while though, wasn’t sure I’d like the straight forward code but I’m really enjoying it as something different to the Elwin pins and even though it’s simple there’s a ton of stuff you need to do.

Everyone wants one now 😂

I think that’s the beauty of the code, it’s simple to explain and understand, but hard to master.

Reactions: Jib
Its the only pin I regret selling.
Since missing the whole stranger things boat as I didn’t watch the series and stern must of made them for around 9 days I made a rule give each game a fair crack before stern discontinue them because once they stop making em they tough to get one gotg and tmnt are being discontinued I’ve got both , both great games

Since missing the whole stranger things boat as I didn’t watch the series and stern must of made them for around 9 days I made a rule give each game a fair crack before stern discontinue them because once they stop making em they tough to get one gotg and tmnt are being discontinued I’ve got both , both great games
I only watched the series because I played the pin at electric circus and wondered what the hell was going on! Glad I got into it though

I'm a little late to Hawkins but on Friday my friend sold his very nice Stranger Things Pro to me!

I consider myself very lucky as all of a sudden it seems this pin is in high demand? (not to mention I'm a big Stranger Things fan) and this one is a very nice example with a custom paint job which features "Welcome To Hawkins" on the lockdown bar, Palace Arcade Sign on the backbox hinges and lightning bolts on the rails :)

It also has some other nice mods including...

Shooter Lane Baseball Bat
Joyce's Communication Wall
"Friends Don't Lie" Flipper Bats
Speaker Light Kit
UV Kit
D&D Die Flasher Dome
Mezel Mods Arcade Sign (needs fixing - lights up but no longer spins)
Stern Art Blades / Decals
External Headphone Jack / Volume control (needs installing)
D&D shooter rod (needs installing)
Cleland Code

I'd like to swap out the red flasher domes for purple but apart from that I don't think I will do any other mods...perhaps a shaker motor? - worth it? Opinions on the shaker motor please.

Yes shaker motor works great!

Apology’s if this has been discussed before but here goes.

I have just received my ST le and initial thoughts are wow so good and atmospheric to the enth degree. However it is running Cleland on 1.2 and I think if you update later than 1.5 you can no longer use Cleland on there. Stern code is now upto 1.7 I think and if you install this it blocks you from installing Cleland so!

Has anyone got Sterns official V1.5 code they can let me have so I can update to the latest Cleland one.

Thanks Col

I have just received my ST le and initial thoughts are wow so good and atmospheric to the enth degree. However it is running Cleland on 1.2 and I think if you update later than 1.5 you can no longer use Cleland on there. Stern code is now upto 1.7 I think and if you install this it blocks you from installing Cleland so!

Has anyone got Sterns official V1.5 code they can let me have so I can update to the latest Cleland one.

Thanks Col
Sent you watsapp

Thanks Col

Afraid I don’t have the Stern code, but when I updated from Cleland 1.2 to 1.5 I just flashed the SD card with the new image and it worked fine. Didn’t need to update using the official Stern code first.

So my Stranger Things Pro has had the latest official code on it and when I try to run the Cleland code now it just gets stuck in a boot loop. The only Cleland code I can run is a really old version but it’s still better than the official IMO.

So my Stranger Things Pro has had the latest official code on it and when I try to run the Cleland code now it just gets stuck in a boot loop. The only Cleland code I can run is a really old version but it’s still better than the official IMO.

Have you tried flashing Cleland 1.5 to a blank SD card? If you have 1.7 from Stern on one SD card and 1.5 from Cleland on another the machine should boot when you switch them, just downgrading the node boards on start up.

Have you tried flashing Cleland 1.5 to a blank SD card? If you have 1.7 from Stern on one SD card and 1.5 from Cleland on another the machine should boot when you switch them, just downgrading the node boards on start up.
yep tried the code on brand new SD cards. For some reason it downgrades the node boards just fine but then just gets stuck in a boot loop. I can only play either official code or an old ver of Cleland. I assumed a newer version of the official code had ‘planted’ something on my game to not allow Cleland..

I may have confused a few here but I need a copy of the official 1.05 Stern Code before I can put the latest clelland on.
You can’t just dump latest clelland before updating to 1.05 or it won’t work.
I need the Prem/LE version.

I may have confused a few here but I need a copy of the official 1.05 Stern Code before I can put the latest clelland on.

I never updated to the official Stern 1.05 code but I’m running Cleland 1.05 on my Premium without any issues.

If you’d rather install the official code first just to be sure, it might be worth dropping this guy a line on Pinside:

yep tried the code on brand new SD cards. For some reason it downgrades the node boards just fine but then just gets stuck in a boot loop. I can only play either official code or an old ver of Cleland. I assumed a newer version of the official code had ‘planted’ something on my game to not allow Cleland..

Ah yeah, it sounds like the Stern 1.06 code might have updated firmware to block custom audio codes. Sorry to hear that, hopefully someone comes up with a workaround!

You sure? He just hacks into the Stern code, replaces the sounds and saves it. When you install the Cleland code, the pin updates to whichever version he's modded.

That's how I did it on my GOTG. I didn't need to install the official Stern code first and then add the Cleland code on top

Or do you mean you are currently on 1.07 and need to roll it back first?

Thanks Col
Late to the party, but a great party to be at!! Just can't bring myself to sell my pro, too much of a fun game. Assuming you have the uv kit installed on it to?? a must have!

I actually like the stern sound package on this game, as the main music is the series music and i like the ****ed off hopper quotes :) i've never put the cleland code version on. Shall i get my coat???

Late to the party, but a great party to be at!! Just can't bring myself to sell my pro, too much of a fun game. Assuming you have the uv kit installed on it to?? a must have!

I actually like the stern sound package on this game, as the main music is the series music and i like the ****ed off hopper quotes :) i've never put the cleland code version on. Shall i get my coat???
You don’t lose the Hopper quotes, you just gain more. Plus much better iconic 80’s music from the series.

You don’t lose the Hopper quotes, you just gain more. Plus much better iconic 80’s music from the series.
but isn't the main theme music some nasty dance mix thing? I like the stock music on modes to, sorry.. ha ha

maybe its time to so another mypinballs tweak like i did with gotg.

Last edited:

No, I am with you! I kept it original too! I think it’s better, but I know I am in the minority!

I have threatened to sell this game twice now, one time I was very close, but I just don’t think I am done with it yet! There is nothing like it from an atmospheric point of view!

Back
Top Bottom