What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Hawkins ... stranger things thread

I love this game also.

And like others the only shot that could be better is to the pops.

I feel like it should have had a diverter to loop all the way around or drop into a hole to start something.

Modes are all super good.

I cannot get past TI1. Maybe make half the modes towards TI2 but never get there.

I suck.

Sent from my Atari 2600

I do like that the Pops actually build up to something, that Dart evolves ...... even if points wise it doesn't mean a great deal. Its quite cramped up in that corner, but possibly could have rejigged it if they so desired to allow an orbit round to the left side , and maybe an up post to divert into the pops at certain times. The pops don't play a great role in any mode do they ?? Beyond being a lit shot and somewhere to park a ball.

As to not de-rail Andy’s thread any more; whilst I love the UV kit getting a new game and waiting for one isn’t the end of the world. The feature lasts less than a minute typically and starts randomly…

0004a892aecd61521e7c03a545a28514.jpg
7cf752ed73eb5d11434c0623909f0825.jpg
49b3dfd06996e6234d1128148d89278f.jpg
bdd0b6523c01cc2af8e59504dc3c5ffb.jpg
d7e90b056296adf31695890b7c7e7e5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I read somewhere that pinstadiums go some way in place of the uv kit ,has anyone tried them as an alternative.?

So this arrived today:

PXL_20210720_085917260.jpg

Features a motorised sign with a light sensor and 12v to 5v converter.

Why the light sensor you ask? Turns out the modder (Robin Herman's) made it so that the sign operates based on light. It can be setup on two ways.

1. Sign rotates all the time except when in the upside down where it deactivates to simulate the other dimension.

2. It activates based on the quarter hunt mode.

I went with option 1.

The wiring and instructions were really good considering this was a limited run mod.

Wiring the sign through the playfield was a hassle. Had to feed the wires of the sign through the top left flasher hole (see below)

PXL_20210720_103006670.jpg

The sign fits really nicely onto an existing bolt and moulded pipe around a metal post.
PXL_20210720_124148065.jpg

The finished install
PXL_20210720_124151886.MP.jpg

My only complaint is the motor as it's noisier than I would like but during gameplay I can't hear it.

Overall 7.9/10 from me. Would have been an easy 9/10 if the motor was quite.

Heads up for people. I see on Pinside people have been able to get UV kits again, Stern doing more runs, might be worth grabbing one.

Also, question for owners. Have you put flipper fans on this game? A vast majority on Pinside saying this game suffers with bad fade without.

Heads up for people. I see on Pinside people have been able to get UV kits again, Stern doing more runs, might be worth grabbing one.

Also, question for owners. Have you put flipper fans on this game? A vast majority on Pinsi

Also, question for owners. Have you put flipper fans on this game? A vast majority on Pinside saying this game suffers with bad fade without.
No fans on mine. Never noticed any problem. Had friends round loving it and played for a good session on Sunday - no problem ….. except it’s so much fun nobody can stop playing it : )

The UV kit is a must though. The Wow factor when the Upside Down kicks in is off the scale - everyone that sees it here loves it. It is a random mode but you get it virtually every game , often twice in longer games.
It also flashes on/off during other lighting sequences in the game which adds a great touch as the hidden art briefly shows . I have the glow rubbers too.
Also have mirror blades fitted which I think throw the light out even more as I notice posters and stuff on the wall glowing too 😁

D26FAB59-50FF-4718-B679-5F8C9AF1FBE4.jpeg

CCC7F186-CAFE-4833-9393-DCFA307F9DA1.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree, the UV Kit is a must!

I don’t have the fans either, but I am probably not a good enough player to notice anyway!

It’s a fantastic game and everyone also loves playing it here. However, it might have to make way for The Mandalorian at some point 😞

I agree, the UV Kit is a must!

I don’t have the fans either, but I am probably not a good enough player to notice anyway!

It’s a fantastic game and everyone also loves playing it here. However, it might have to make way for The Mandalorian at some point [emoji20]

Just say the word!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with the others, the UV kit is a must. It should have been included with the game though.

I have a set of flipper fans incoming thanks to @Neil McRae which I’m going to install on the game. On longer games / longer sessions it gets increasingly hard to hit the telekenisis lock on the left ramp.

Agree with the others, the UV kit is a must. It should have been included with the game though.

I have a set of flipper fans incoming thanks to @Neil McRae which I’m going to install on the game. On longer games / longer sessions it gets increasingly hard to hit the telekenisis lock on the left ramp.

Yeah the Prem/LE need extra omph to make the TK lock. Not an issue on Pro as it flies round the ramp to be stopped by the up post.

I think I suck too much to warrant the flipper fans. I get to Isolation like maybe once in a blue moon. For some reason I can never reliably hit the right ramp. 😅

I think I suck too much to warrant the flipper fans. I get to Isolation like maybe once in a blue moon. For some reason I can never reliably hit the right ramp. 😅
The right ramp is the toughest shot to reliably hit. I had a few sessions just focusing on hitting it repeatedly and that has helped my brain get a handle on it 😁Still needs an accurate shot - but at least I no longer start crying when Save Will mode starts 😂

The right ramp is the toughest shot to reliably hit. I had a few sessions just focusing on hitting it repeatedly and that has helped my brain get a handle on it 😁Still needs an accurate shot - but at least I no longer start crying when Save Will mode starts 😂
OMG Yes! Save Will is a nightmare for me!

Still I see your score and I cry :D.

Best I can manage is like 480 Mill.

Maybe I need to set it to 4 Balls 😭

OMG Yes! Save Will is a nightmare for me!

Still I see your score and I cry :D.

Best I can manage is like 480 Mill.

Maybe I need to set it to 4 Balls 😭
My high is stalled at around 1.3 billion. I’m only an average player. I see Pinsiders with 2, 3 ….. 4 billion 😲

The bonus multiplier can be very lucrative - with 5x I have had bonuses of around 200 million . Worth working that left ramp and spotting the inlanes 😁A bit like on Whitewater when you are building the River Class - up to mini playfield, let it feed inlane, rinse repeat.

The key test for the flippers is if you can backhand both the ramps consistently during multi ball which can be crucial in some of the later modes.
Since putting the fans on mine its made this consistent, I guess it depends on how long you are playing and how you play. My highest score without extra balls on.

IMG_2941.JPG

Pinball Pro has the UV Kit in stock….. but don’t deliver to the UK [emoji2361]

Pinball Pro has the UV Kit in stock….. but don’t deliver to the UK [emoji2361]

Are they in the US? Just sign up for a freight forwarding company. I use MyUS.com

I would grab one when you can, as I read on Pinside they have been delayed

Back
Top Bottom