What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Hawkins ... stranger things thread

They're giving the impression that they've stopped caring when they produce these poor toppers. I've not seen a decent one from them since BKSOR.

Topper looks okay.
But surely you should release a topper when you release a game.

It is a bit like a football team changing its strip and then putting it in the shops to sell to the fans 6 months later.

But Stern could release some cow dung as a topper and put some RGB LEDs in it and it will sell.

Perhaps they should contract out the toppers to a good company.... Or start putting 27 inch screens on the LE/Premium games. It is 2021.

I think it looks kinda cool and would add to the ambience of the game but the prices on the Stern toppers make them impossible to justify.

Stranger things le is a keeper for me so I don’t really care I am sure it will look cool people said the same thing about kiss topper but when it’s on the game it’s amazing and that goes for more than double now if you could find one stern topper s are a better investment than a Rolex

Hey, each to their own and I am usually a big fan of the toppers (I have the R2D2).

I just think this one looks a bit cheap for the money, but saying that I haven’t seen it in person, so maybe it will look better. I just think they could have done something so much better, like the kids riding their bikes or Hopper’s car.

Anyway, post some pictures when you get it on the machine.

Spotted this on Sterns Instagram last night a repost from an owner, now that’s a cool topper for stranger things! Why wasn’t the arcade sign the topper? Makes a tonne of sense and looks great, was lit up and spinning in the video, very cool.

Attachments

• 9C45D8D0-E233-4BF5-9940-28113F38DBD6.png
    9C45D8D0-E233-4BF5-9940-28113F38DBD6.png
    138.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 4C931F19-990B-48E5-B1AA-7FD61DF7899F.png
    4C931F19-990B-48E5-B1AA-7FD61DF7899F.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 59
I read this one is incredibly loud and also needs additional space behind it for the spinning.

I do agree though, something around the Arcade / Quarter Hunt mode would have made sense.

I ordered one from coin taker just waiting to here when it ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The reason they ship at different times is owing to approval from IP owner. Some approve quick - others take ages.

It’s here happy with that shame the machine is not with me at the min so I can’t fit it

Attachments

• 46260FDC-356C-457C-A85E-93645B848AD9.jpeg
    46260FDC-356C-457C-A85E-93645B848AD9.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 26008E62-071B-4817-9C48-2EE622A7B0FF.jpeg
    26008E62-071B-4817-9C48-2EE622A7B0FF.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 71
No I pre ordered it from little shop of games it’s been paid for since November but I didn’t want to miss out as the game is a keeper for me

LSOG must have pictures of Gary with a bangkok lady boy or something.

Ordered from cointaker and not a dicky bird of info on when it might arrive.

LSOG must have pictures of Gary with a bangkok lady boy or something.

Ordered from cointaker and not a dicky bird of info on when it might arrive.

Cointakers customer service has gone down the pan in recent years.

Responses fly back when your asking if something is in stock to buy, second your paid up, nothing! The last few things I’ve ordered from them, have just shown.

Cointakers customer service has gone down the pan in recent years.

Responses fly back when your asking if something is in stock to buy, second your paid up, nothing! The last few things I’ve ordered from them, have just shown.
I agree with this. I have had issues with my last two orders and it’s taken ages to get sorted.

Last edited:
Ahoy there ! Coming out of my pinball slump courtesy of a Pro+ that rocked up on Thursday :cool: Loving it so far. A few questions .....

Extra balls - seems way too many so gonna turn some off ....default seems to light EB after completing a few modes ? I had a 1 Billion game to Total Isolation 1 and too many EBs for my liking.

Should the left saucer kick out go up the Burn It Back lane ? Is that the idea ? This doesn't

The right orbit shot to the pops ....seems quite 'rattly' sometimes ...is that commmon ? Table is level side to side.

188821139_10158667623294262_1132326661953224367_n.jpg

Yes it should; you can adjust the top metal piece to make it do this.

Agree on extras I have it limited to 1.

And the pops is clunky I adjusted them to be a bit more sensitive so the ball moves around and comes back with some pace on it which helps - you also have to adjust the guide on that side to get it to flow well.

Look for chuckwurt’s video on YouTube which has a lot of tips on tuning the game.

Ahoy there ! Coming out of my pinball slump courtesy of a Pro+ that rocked up on Thursday :cool: Loving it so far. A few questions .....

Extra balls - seems way too many so gonna turn some off ....default seems to light EB after completing a few modes ? I had a 1 Billion game to Total Isolation 1 and too many EBs for my liking.

Should the left saucer kick out go up the Burn It Back lane ? Is that the idea ? This doesn't

The right orbit shot to the pops ....seems quite 'rattly' sometimes ...is that commmon ? Table is level side to side.

View attachment 138778

Glad your’e enjoying it, it’s a great game. If you haven’t tried it yet I highly recommend the Cleland audio mix, it’s a massive improvement.

From my understanding the left saucer kick out is meant to hit the drop targets in front of the Demogorgon - that’s how it is in the Stern streams and I’m pretty sure I read that Brian Eddy said that was how he designed it to play. Some people have moved the bracket to get the ball to go around the Burn it Back loop, but I haven’t done so because I like the the randomness of the ball bouncing off the targets straight towards the flippers, and figure it would make getting the various Burn it Back rewards too easy.

On default settings you can light extra ball by starting three modes and then again at six modes, and hitting the Burn it Back shot a certain number of times and then again at a much higher number of times. Also awarded via mystery. It is generous with them.

My right orbit is similarly rattly. It’s the one shot in the game I’m not a fan of.

Glad your’e enjoying it, it’s a great game. If you haven’t tried it yet I highly recommend the Cleland audio mix, it’s a massive improvement.

From my understanding the left saucer kick out is meant to hit the drop targets in front of the Demogorgon - that’s how it is in the Stern streams and I’m pretty sure I read that Brian Eddy said that was how he designed it to play. Some people have moved the bracket to get the ball to go around the Burn it Back loop, but I haven’t done so because I like the the randomness of the ball bouncing off the targets straight towards the flippers, and figure it would make getting the various Burn it Back rewards too easy.

On default settings you can light extra ball by starting three modes and then again at six modes, and hitting the Burn it Back shot a certain number of times and then again at a much higher number of times. Also awarded via mystery. It is generous with them.

My right orbit is similarly rattly. It’s the one shot in the game I’m not a fan of.

Hi Sarge, just to firm up on the ablove, its running Cleland latest mix, I played with the saucer but couldn't get it to fully complete the loop, but when it rolls back out it usually lands on left flipper which was how I left it as I preffered knowing where it would go vs the randomness of the targets.

Lots of extra balls turned on in settings, which is how I can make a game last more than 3 mins!

Right orbit is how it is, there is a sweet spot but like any shot for me its more by luck than judgement!

Enjoy mate, glad Will sorted you out, Scoops Ahoy!!

View attachment 138778
Ships Ahoy!

Great game to get the mojo back. I love my pro to. I adjusted both orbits (feed to flippers) and the kickout (shoot up the burn it back lane). Once you dial it in its beautiful.

extra ball is lit for playing 3 modes i think. The first total isolation isnt that hard to get to, the second total isolation is the one to aim for on a good go

I play for modes mostly, they are all great. Play 'what mama says' alone in the dark after a few beverages!! Creepy!!

Last edited:
Cheers guys. Thanks @J.C.Rox for the game ... I have dialled down all the extra balls, and back to 3 balls ...... I mean come on dude who has it set to 9 balls right 😆

OK - I know a lot of people are saying otherwise but after reading up a bit I'm not totally convinced it should go from saucer to Burn it Back :hmm:..... why make the game easier as you are essentially getting 2 shots/awards for the price of one. Burn It Back is not a difficult shot to make anyway. I'll leave it as is.

Loving the game ! Always like a game where bonuses can be super important .... I have had some massive ones with 4x or 5x at a good ball end. I like working the left ramps and racking up the dice for the multipliers and mysteries. Reminds me of working the River Class on WH20 😃

You want sprinkles on that scoop ?

I love this game also.

And like others the only shot that could be better is to the pops.

I feel like it should have had a diverter to loop all the way around or drop into a hole to start something.

Modes are all super good.

I cannot get past TI1. Maybe make half the modes towards TI2 but never get there.

I suck.

Sent from my Atari 2600

Back
Top Bottom