What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

walking dead confirmed

I'll have to do something about a box opening do as it looks like I'll have TWD, Predator and MMr all hitting at almost the same time. Maybe if I keep the boxes then they can be refashioned into some form of coffin for me when Anna discovers exactly how much that little lot will set us back.

The boxes will come in handy as alternative accommodation

I've made the decision on buying The Walking Dead LE, my first Stern NIB.
Addams will make way to fund this , it's a peach but one of five that I built back up to new condition and sold on. It's not like I won't be able to do another in the future.
Always said I would not buy a new pin but this title ticks all the boxes for me and as with my other purchase of Predator it's a title I just had to have.
So all this time in this great hobby being more than happy with second hand used pinball machines then just like buses two new ones come along together.
Am I excited ? Hell yeh.

I've made the decision on buying The Walking Dead LE, my first Stern NIB.
Addams will make way to fund this , it's a peach but one of five that I built back up to new condition and sold on. It's not like I won't be able to do another in the future.
Always said I would not buy a new pin but this title ticks all the boxes for me and as with my other purchase of Predator it's a title I just had to have.
So all this time in this great hobby being more than happy with second hand used pinball machines then just like buses two new ones come along together.
Am I excited ? Hell yeh.
So it's been what, 4 hours and no one has 'dibbed' your Addams yet? :rofl:

Think he said earlier he already has the buyer lined up. It's a stunning TAF.

Metallica is great now with the new code, far better than I had anticipated. With initial code it was was meh at best.

Code for TWD is a concern as I can see me waiting a year to get a fully playable game. So saying I very much doubt The Hobbit will be much more than a box with lights in Dec. Woz was frankly dreadful when I first played one and that experience has really overshadowed everything for me when ever I've seen one. Initially I was really pumped for the hobbit but I stuck down cash on the understanding that it would be released in July 14 with the initial artwork they showed. Neither of these things turned out to be true.:(

JJP are great at taking money according to their original schedule but I got to the situation where I had 4.5 grand committed and no real idea what the game was or when I would see it. Still love the theme and hope it will be a fantastic game but TWD ticks a load more boxes for me, just hoping it plays well (and ****, shouldn't that be the main thingo_O)

Kinds of hoping Stern will keep releasing more themes like Mustang next year so I'm not tempted at all by more new titles. If they release an Aerosmith pin or Game of Thrones one then **** only knows hoe I'd raise the money
I had Metallica before the big code update. It sat in my lounge unplayed for 3 months - the code was just dull. Nearly sold it and then code dropped. It is an amazing game now. Some people are able to get 300 million jackpots on the CIU modes!! Not me but with Lyman on the code there is soooo much to learn in this game!

Is this game out already? I just read on the TPA forum that some dude in Australia reckons he's gonna get to play one this weekend.

Pro is out there. One shipped to OZ and one to the Netherlands apparently. Not sure if it the full model and I think the code is pretty rough, Makes a nice change though from people announcing machines for 2+ years time

Anyone know where in the NL, or who to ask? Seeing as I'm in NL now, would love to be able to get a go and take some pics and vids for you fellas.....

Anyone know where in the NL, or who to ask? Seeing as I'm in NL now, would love to be able to get a go and take some pics and vids for you fellas.....

Hey Dan - Let me know if you found any pins in Amsterdam will you? :)

People will inevitably bail based on crap quality videos that don't give sounds or real gameplay. It's Lyman so it's likely your game wont do what it's supposed to for 6+ months anyway. But the Lyman club will tell you how awesome he is and that he wont let you down. I just wish they'd give the things decent programming out of the door (I believe and hope this may be the case when TWD officially gets released).

It's too big an ask for me to believe that it will come with good code and the reason I wont get an LE. I'd actually be quite happy with the pro if the game is decent enough, but can understand why people want the LE

My only disappointment so far is the dots. They look a bit cartoony, like the dots in Star Trek :(

What happened to all the good pixel artists?

Code - pah! I'll be surprised if the bloody thing lights up when it's released;)

Yes, ALL machines should come fully working but as long as we keep paying for half done stuff that will never happen. Pretty sure someone pointed out something on AC/DC that still does nothing.

From what I could see the DMD looked pretty good even if I would have preferred a LCD with footage,

Surely it must have some voice calls from the show, if not why bother with the TV theme rather than a generic zombie theme?

Hoping we'll get a professionally shot video soon

It's amazing how bad these videos are, if I was gonna shoot something knowing and with the full intention of uploading to show eager people the game I think maybe a bit more thought and time would be good... I know some cool close how and editing is a bit much to ask but one handed video while playing., come on! Gonna have a word with Jonathan when I see him next ;)

Can't post pics since I'm on my phone, but the Pro and LE cab and brochure shots are up on their Facebook page. The LE cab design is honestly one of the coolest I've ever seen, all rusty legs and walking dead clawing their way out of a crate! Sad that even then it's not worth the silly premium price - ditch the crossbow and fish tank and give everyone that awesome cab design, ya basts. :(

Had the pleasure of holding this for a few days after NLP. Overall, liking it a lot. Really grows on you.

Quite complex rules and still haven't managed to suss all of them. Great theme, music, sounds and dots, although shame the original actors were not used for the call-outs. Found it quite challenging, some narrow/steep shots plus a heavy ball drain on the left outlane. Nick's comment on the pops is noticeable and barn magnet doesn't always wobble the ball properly from fixed, causing a vertical drop between the flippers which can be annoying.

Otherwise, it's a nice title IMO and probably in my top five Sterns after Tron, ST & LOTR..... probably level-pegging with SM. :)

Nice to see a positive review after so many so-so ones. :)

Was starting to think that I'd pre-ordered an utter turd.

The "grows on you" comment is really what I was hoping to here. I know I hated Metallica the first few times I played it and it's now one of my faves.

Guess I'm going to find out for myself next month;)

Back
Top Bottom