What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

walking dead confirmed

And if it plays as good as it looks...

Got to say I'm impressed with the way Stern have upped their game with all the new competition about.

No reveals or sneak previews, just a few rumours and then BOOM the most awesome looking machine I've ever seen.

Yep, my super peachy TAF is quaking at the thought of being sold to fund this.
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo tempted .

Yep, my super peachy TAF is quaking at the thought of being sold to fund this.
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo tempted .

Do it Daz so can play yours and don't get tempted..... !! ;) This and Timeshock in a week when nice older stuff has appeared too. Wrong time to build a games room.... :tut:

I already have a buyer for TAF so I just need to pull the trigger.
Already spoke to Phil about getting one.

Reactions: JMP
img_f.pinside.com_201408_1860625_279167.jpg

From our friends at pinside. **** yeah! Now this is a theme I'm interested in. Wonder if the UK version will also allow the 15% off voucher?

Yet ANOTHER rrp price increase from Stern - sigh

People will still pre-order even tho code may take yonks to fininish a la MET,ST etc and it's dearer:-o

Yup,a realist -after being bitten once,aint gonna happen again

Even for a Ramones pin!!

Bitten the bullet. My first NIB:clap::clap:

Decided to come out of the Hobbit pre-order and go for a machine I'll be able to play this year (+ figured I'd be able to pick up a second hand Hobbit more easily than a 2nd hand Walking Dead. Crapping myself about whether it will actually be any good. This whole LE business totally sucks would so much rather be in a situation where you could play a game then decide if you wanted to buy it.

I'm looking forward to playing it at your place then, along with Predator and MMR - the Vaccine.

I like having friends with deep pockets.

Weirdly managed to convince myself that the price wasn't too bad as I subtracted the 4.5k already committed to the Hobbit. :oops: Nothing like self denial.

I'll potentially be 5 machines over capacity be Xmas, so need to go on a selling spree. Might even come out with some money coming back to me if I sell some of the better titles. (also discovered why my photos of machines were always so blurry as I discovered a protective film over the lens on the phone - obviously only discovered this when I took the SIM card out to change the phone over:confused:)

You still abroad Dan or will you be coming to thing in Peckham tomorrow?

I'm resisting the temptation.

Really can't justify the extra £2400, but then wouldn't want a stripped down Pro version either.

Will be interesting to see if they do a Premium version when the LE sells out, which won't be long by the looks of things.

I haven't studied in detail but seems to me the Pro/LE differences aren't quite as severe as some recent titles. Crossbow/Austin Powers thingy, and a target under a lift ramp are the 2 major diffs yes ? Am I right in thinking the fishtank head thing is just eye candy ?

I do personally prefer the LE cab art.

I agree the LE artwork looks better, so much detail, but the Pro's artwork is very good too.

Guess will have to wait to see the game in action to see if there are any major differences to gameplay.

Never played Austin Powers so not sure what the crossbow thing is like, but it doesn't seem like something I would be bothered about in a pin.

And it won't be long before someone makes a Fish tank mod - so maybe the Pro could be the way to go on this one.

Never played Austin Powers so not sure what the crossbow thing is like, but it doesn't seem like something I would be bothered about in a pin.

Basically just a 'cannon' mounted in the apron that swivels back and forth for you to launch a ball , as in ACDC, T2, DH etc. To me its not as deal breaking a feature as an extra playfield, or extra ramp etc would be.

Of course if Stern would just make one damn design, and then a blinged up LE for those who that want that sort of thing , we wouldn't have this annoying issue every time. :rolleyes:

Here's hoping the code is up to scratch out the box. It wouldn't really matter if I bought it and the code was crap. There's 6 months of pleasure to be found licking the lockdown bar and smelling the inside of the cab :thumbs:

That NIB stern smell is a life giving elixir. Stick your head in for 10 mins a day and you come out looking ten years younger!

Where is this fishtank full of heads? I've looked at all the pics available and I don't see it.

If the playfield is a clock face (ie flippers at 5:30 and 6:30) where is the fishtank?

Edit: now I see it, looks wicked awesome. Cheers Kev

Last edited:
I've decided not to buy at present, I think it looks good though.

Definitely not getting an LE as don't see the extra "value" in it, that launch mechanism was crap in AP so I'm actually pleased the Pro doesn't have it. The only thing disappointing is the spinner being taken out, everything else seems fine. I do like the fact there's no premium, it makes the LE actually mean something. Contrary to what was posted by some JCL on pinside, the ACDC Premium was NOT well received when it came out. The price difference was $300 between LE and premium and Stern made distributors take a premium for every LE they had, which they then struggled to shift until the code became half decent. I think if they keep the premium out of it and the differences aren't too great feature wise such as on TWD, then this is the way to go. My only thing would be to announce the LE for each game to be "up to 1000" and then make LE's based on demand (so mustang would be a real LE with about 50 then :p)

I'm not against Lyman as a coder, his stuff seems decent but I'm not in love with him either. He takes far too long to get stuff done and if he was a perfectionist as some claim, he would have actually finished ACDC - the cannon "modes" are none existent and the Hells Bells scoring "strategy" makes the game unbalanced score wise. The LE code on Metallica was shoddy bearing in mind the hammer issues people were having, it should have been rectified with code much as it is now - but it took him almost a year to code in that captive ball hits could still count etc.

So in summary, I like the game looks wise but I'm going to see how the code is received prior to pulling the trigger

I've decided not to buy at present, I think it looks good though.

Definitely not getting an LE as don't see the extra "value" in it, that launch mechanism was crap in AP so I'm actually pleased the Pro doesn't have it. The only thing disappointing is the spinner being taken out, everything else seems fine. I do like the fact there's no premium, it makes the LE actually mean something. Contrary to what was posted by some JCL on pinside, the ACDC Premium was NOT well received when it came out. The price difference was $300 between LE and premium and Stern made distributors take a premium for every LE they had, which they then struggled to shift until the code became half decent. I think if they keep the premium out of it and the differences aren't too great feature wise such as on TWD, then this is the way to go. My only thing would be to announce the LE for each game to be "up to 1000" and then make LE's based on demand (so mustang would be a real LE with about 50 then :p)

I'm not against Lyman as a coder, his stuff seems decent but I'm not in love with him either. He takes far too long to get stuff done and if he was a perfectionist as some claim, he would have actually finished ACDC - the cannon "modes" are none existent and the Hells Bells scoring "strategy" makes the game unbalanced score wise. The LE code on Metallica was shoddy bearing in mind the hammer issues people were having, it should have been rectified with code much as it is now - but it took him almost a year to code in that captive ball hits could still count etc.

So in summary, I like the game looks wise but I'm going to see how the code is received prior to pulling the trigger

Agreed would never buy a brand new pin from stern again either until code is finished, I had a drunken moment the other night and had to back track on my order ... Just gonna sit back and wait and see what it's like in a year. Anyway for me it's all about the hobbit, if woz is anything to go on I can't wait for the hobbit now. More on that woz thingy later, still in honeymoon land and don't want to be hasty :)
Also by the time stern have sorted the code on the walking dead you will probably be able to pick one up cheap from people like my self and nik who bought it immediately and then dumped it because code was poo, like metalica was, would like to see what it's like now as it was shocking out the box.
Although saying that both me and nik both said we wearnt buying one ;)

Cheers
Will[/QUOTE]

Metallica is great now with the new code, far better than I had anticipated. With initial code it was was meh at best.

Code for TWD is a concern as I can see me waiting a year to get a fully playable game. So saying I very much doubt The Hobbit will be much more than a box with lights in Dec. Woz was frankly dreadful when I first played one and that experience has really overshadowed everything for me when ever I've seen one. Initially I was really pumped for the hobbit but I stuck down cash on the understanding that it would be released in July 14 with the initial artwork they showed. Neither of these things turned out to be true.:(

JJP are great at taking money according to their original schedule but I got to the situation where I had 4.5 grand committed and no real idea what the game was or when I would see it. Still love the theme and hope it will be a fantastic game but TWD ticks a load more boxes for me, just hoping it plays well (and ****, shouldn't that be the main thingo_O)

Kinds of hoping Stern will keep releasing more themes like Mustang next year so I'm not tempted at all by more new titles. If they release an Aerosmith pin or Game of Thrones one then **** only knows hoe I'd raise the money

Metallica is great now with the new code, far better than I had anticipated. With initial code it was was meh at best.

Code for TWD is a concern as I can see me waiting a year to get a fully playable game. So saying I very much doubt The Hobbit will be much more than a box with lights in Dec. Woz was frankly dreadful when I first played one and that experience has really overshadowed everything for me when ever I've seen one. Initially I was really pumped for the hobbit but I stuck down cash on the understanding that it would be released in July 14 with the initial artwork they showed. Neither of these things turned out to be true.:(

JJP are great at taking money according to their original schedule but I got to the situation where I had 4.5 grand committed and no real idea what the game was or when I would see it. Still love the theme and hope it will be a fantastic game but TWD ticks a load more boxes for me, just hoping it plays well (and ****, shouldn't that be the main thingo_O)

Kinds of hoping Stern will keep releasing more themes like Mustang next year so I'm not tempted at all by more new titles. If they release an Aerosmith pin or Game of Thrones one then **** only knows hoe I'd raise the money

I really wanna play Metallica now as have heard its a great game , and yep woz was a festering pile of monkey spunk when it came out so your probably right about the hobbit , this is the thing it appears pointless buying on release unless it's your dream theme and you must have the LE.
Look at lebowski I couldn't get to the payment page quick enough , but then found out it's not a limited run... Which was sweet as can just sit back and watch development unfold, had it been limited like predator I would have bought it out of fear of missing out.
I reckon TWD will be awesome john and will be eagerly awaiting my NIB opening evening invitation ;)

I'll have to do something about a box opening do as it looks like I'll have TWD, Predator and MMr all hitting at almost the same time. Maybe if I keep the boxes then they can be refashioned into some form of coffin for me when Anna discovers exactly how much that little lot will set us back.

Back
Top Bottom