What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2022 - August 26th, 27th & 28th

Surprisingly I haven't played a whole lot of Pinball except spending a lot of money trying to play our own Locomotion and failing 😂.

Entered the comp last night in VIP session for first time this year and regret it. I must have been really drunk and tired as I'm bottom of the table 😳
I know I can do better than that ... So I'll try get out of the dumps and use my two tickets this morning.

Cheers all for the help getting Diners 'new' board in and it working (although sometimes it doesn't boot u10 failure) so we'll have to look into that or return the board).
It's scary seeing your games being played non stop but you soon realise how well they can hold up 😁 no issues at all so far!

Surprisingly I haven't played a whole lot of Pinball except spending a lot of money trying to play our own Locomotion and failing 😂.
Well, I did think that might be a good way to win a comp - submit all my own machines to the line-up 🤣

No sh*t, that FG in Classics spanked my **** - mostly due to the playfield IMO, although I also couldn’t make the Wood Beast shot from the left flipper, but had to backhand it, which felt REALLY weird.

Entered the comp last night in VIP session for first time this year and regret it. I must have been really drunk and tired as I'm bottom of the table 😳
I know I can do better than that ... So I'll try get out of the dumps and use my two tickets this morning.

Cheers all for the help getting Diners 'new' board in and it working (although sometimes it doesn't boot u10 failure) so we'll have to look into that or return the board).
It's scary seeing your games being played non stop but you soon realise how well they can hold up 😁 no issues at all so far!
That U10 failure occasionally pops up on my Space Station.Off/on It’s always then fine. Been doing it for years. Never enough to warrant investigation.Seems quite common on Sys 11.

Load out - reminder - as we’ve done in previous years we’ll organise parking for load outs. What we need from you:

1. All pins collapsed and ready to be loaded, along with legs etc etc etc

2. Talk to Liz on your way to your van/car etc

3. Load up and then park up again

4. Say your final fairwells once you’ve dropped you vehicle back in the car park as then frees up space for others to load up

This system has sped up all of the load outs over the last few years. Your co-operation is appreciated.

Massive thanks to everyone who has played the charity pins we are currently up to £724 it would be absolutely awesome if you guys could push it over 1k st Le smashing it at the moment
Amazing. Have you done totals for each game Chris? Would be interesting to see what each gsme took, stranger things and Godzilla had a queue all day Saturday. Thanks for bringing them both.

Huge thanks to everyone . Phil and the team, amazing job as always organising everything for us to enjoy. Huge thanks to everyone that brought the machines of course. Wouldn't be much fun without them. Some absolute beauties as always, the star for me was Dracula. A game that I usually find really ugly, but that thing is an absolute work of art.

I particularly enjoyed the row of Gottliebs too. Really great condition some of them, and a whole lot of fun to play too.
I was totally flabbergasted to qualify for the quarter finals of the classics. I got totally hammered in my group, but I pretty much expected that anyway. But it was nice to be in the mix, considering I very rarely compete (this was only my 2nd time, after pinfest last year)

Spent ages on the charity godzilla today as I was leaving. Just threw £2 in it, but got some long games, so that lasted about 45 minutes I think 🤣. So much fun, I love that game for sure, despite the theme not being my cup of tea.

But yeah, thanks again to everyone that makes this possible year after year. I had an absolute blast as always

Thanks so much @Big Phil and all of your family, all of the NLP guys, all of the machine loaners and everyone who helped with putting the show on. Personally it was an absolute joy to be there on the Saturday as well as Sunday this year. It was amazing to see the attendance, really felt like a huge success. Thank you everyone, great community we have

All,
I know many of you will still be packing up, but I wanted to get my own thank you in as soon as I got back.
There are so many people involved, directly or indirectly in making Pinfest auch a great event - we really appreciate it.
Great to meet some of you for the first time, and some for the second - everyone welcoming, happy to share their own precious time on my simplistic questions.
Looking forward to seeing you again next year - I hope you all have a good rest, and thank you again.

Steve (aka LlamaStick)

great gig, great people, great comps, a lot of great games and a Star Wars, I didn't expect so many comedians would be at the show though with some of the prices of games for sale :D :D :D

lots of hard work done by many, thank you.

Hotel was a little better this year but its simply too small - the AC was lovely. My favourite moment though - the barkeep deciding he couldn't be ****d adding up my drinks order so just charged me £2 a drink - in that case can you make them all doubles :D :D :D

Neil.

Huge thanks to everyone that made this year's Pinfest possible. It was a fantastic event and we all had a great time. So great to catch up with people and meet a few people for the first time. Great to see the event was even more popular this year.

The hotel barman was also brilliant as he kept pouring extra large measures 😄

That barman was ace. Got a pint for 1p and then a load of freebies. Maybe the hotel safe was too full of cash, dunno. Also gave us half a bottle of that sambuca and Malibu, no idea who suggested to have them mixed as shots. Sent Poibug to sleep those did.

Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to everyone making the weekend possible. Best one so far I reckon, lovely when it's packed, maybe we need an extra extra VIP session!

Big thanks to Phil and his team for organising and running the event, Lorraine and I had a great weekend. Thanks also to the NLP guys, all involved with running the comps and all the pin donators. The stall ball was super fun as always so thanks to Neil for that. Can't wait for next year.

Back
Top Bottom