What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2022 - August 26th, 27th & 28th

Would also like to add a massive thanks to @Big Phil, @Wizcat @Arv & all involved with running Pinfest - it was brilliant!

I thought @s000m ‘s Dracula was stunning in b/w & red. Thank you also to whoever brought stargazer, chuffed to have been able to play one & Dave’s locomotion.

Thanks @CHRIS B PINBALLS for sideblades & chairty games in foyer.

Pleased to add to the Gottlieb bank along the side along with @MajesticPinball and seeing people enjoying some S’n’S.

Great to catch up with old faces & meet a few new ones - looking forward to the UK Open & next years Pinfest!

Keep hearing stories about the barman, glad he charged me £17.95 for a rum and coke and a dissarrano and coke last night. Then gave out 2 free rounds infront of me today and then charged me full whack for a cider... Tw*t 😂

A huge thank you to everyone involved making Pinfest happen, it's a huge asset to our community and I'm already buzzing for the next one. I've met so many new, fantastic people this time round and seeing loads of people slamming away on the Gottlieb 80Bs was great, I'd never actually had my 5 Gottliebs together so it was an absolute joy and meant a lot to me having them together on the Friday evening.

Hopefully see you all soon ☺️

Last edited:
Does anyone have a link or something, to see the scores for each table, in both the main and classics comps ?
I signed up on the never drains site, but it shows my tournaments as yegpin 2022 ! 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• F66B617B-38B9-4098-B3F2-F94C55F87377.png
    F66B617B-38B9-4098-B3F2-F94C55F87377.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 15
Rob n me got home the earliest ever I think. And…. We didn’t fall out! 😁

Great show as ever. Most of my pins held up. Thanks to Pudsey and co for sorting the upper flipper on spiderflan and soldering a wire back that had popped off on a score real for naughtylus. My humble appologies to the classics players for Circus being a pain in the ass. Still not 100% sure what issue was but fiddled around re gapped etc the suspect areas and it didn’t occur again after a lot of testing…

I will be going through all my EMs re rubbering and preventive maintaining etc during the winter, once i get rodeo done.

Will check battle zone later to see if anyone took my high score on bz2.

Staff at hotel could have done with a bit more leadership as they all seemed quite new and didn’t know the ropes, not ideal for guest etc. Hotel was fine, food was great no issues from me.

Great to chat with the Irish guys and see that they love Father Ted too! Pinball retheme anyone? Arrrrrr gooo aoooooorn 😁

Really enjoyed stranger things and Phareo. Big thanks to little Phil for all his efforts and the stress he must go through before during and after. Not forgetting all loaners, staff and supportes. You rock.

No Scottish ladies were harmed during the making of this show….
C u all soon.

John & Joan 😜

PS good to see Tim and his girlfriend back again… 😁 sorry couldn’t resist.
PPS well done Naomi for doing so well on the MBA and putting up with “oh I thought you were…..” 👍
PPPS if she is not a nember of the forum @strobey do get her joined up.
761A8574-0C3B-4885-8B8B-E7D9F21B2919.jpeg

I think I can say this was the best show yet. How you stay so calm big Phil is amazing! Great to see the Dutch guys again, we had a lot of fun despite someone turning off Minions and breaking it. Forbidden Planet acted up again but I finally got to the bottom of the problem and it played ok(ish) Sunday at least for the afternoon.
T2 a deserved winner of best in show but for me that Dracula should have won. Truly amazing.

Lovely to see so many people again and it all feeling so relaxed. A very professional set up with the show, comps and the streaming. Well done everybody.

Simply amazing. What a great crew and the punters ain't bad either 😉

I had a horrendous year two years ago and last years pinfest was more important than I can possibly explain. I certainly didn't think it would be topped but this did it. It really is the highlight of my year.

What a wonderful bunch of people sharing everything that's great about pinball. . . . I honestly didn't want to leave.

@Big Phil what you and your fantastic crew do for this hobby and community cannot be measured. The perfect balance of competitive pinball, showcasing machines, fun and banter with every facet of the hobby covered.

I'm sure you're all knackered because you all work so hard.

For those who donated machines 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Proud to be part of UK pinball x

I just want to say a massive thanks to everyone involved in making Pinfest happen. I'm a first-timer and was there on my own over the weekend. I had a lot of fun, tried new games and had my list of potential purchases for my game room turned upside down!

I have learned two things for next year. Travel down on the Thursday and be social. I'm a bit of a quiet one but next year I will make a point of having a few beers with anyone willing to put up with my Scottish banter.

Thanks again, everyone! Now, I better decide what my next machine is...

I'd like to add my thanks as a first timer as well to Pinfest, superbly run event and appreciate all of the immense effort by @Big Phil and everyone involved. Thank you @ailsaclunie for organising the Ladies event and making my wife feel welcome from the start. @Arv - classics comp was great, thanks to @Wizcat and @Wayne J for organising the Main comp and UK league events - really enjoyable. Thank you to all the amazing scoring volunteers/staff/helpers/and game providers who made all this possible as well.

Also appreciate the laid back atmosphere and making it so family friendly - was very nervous about taking the whole gang but they all thought the overall experience was positive so I'm hoping we will be back next year!

@strobey and @windoesnot - excellent stream and commentary...

Exhausting few days but really great fun - cheers all!

Yuen

Finally back home.

As everyone else I'd like to thank everyone who made the show happen, from @Big Phil through all of the 'blue shirts' to those people who stepped in and helped where they could, whether it was moving machines, fault finding and reporting to helping with the scoring, to everyone who brought a machine.

It was good to see such a broad spectrum of people during the weekend, showing what a welcoming and non-judgemental community we really are.

I'll go into detail about the comps on their specific threads once I've gone through the data (there may have been an issue with some of the recording of scores in the league - which I'll check tomorrow) but for now I'd just like to point out my 2 main highlights.

Firstly @DanLewell turning up in his van.
Him Graham and Effie get out of the front doors. Then the back doors open to reveal Phoebe, having to clamber out having travelled in complete darkness wedged in between machines. Dedication right there.

Secondly James, @Jackpot 's son. Seeing him play in the main comp, carrying his stool with him and putting up some decent scores at times. When it came to asking him which game he wanted queuing on next, he looked up and down the line contemplating, I knelt down so I could hear him better, and him looking over his glasses at me was quite intimidating . He's going to be a great play and shows the 'established' players are going to have to keep looking over their shoulders.

Also want to add my thanks to the organisers, Big Phil, the NLP crew, and everyone who brought a machine - in particular those in mint condition (like the AFM, T2, BSD, IMDN, TZ, etc.), very generous to share them with so many people! 😍

Really enjoyed the selection of older machines, some very nice restored ones too!!

Last edited:
Just Back home myself.

So i would like to thank all those that welcomed the Irish boys over for the weekend and all that spent there time to chat me and the lads.
Special thanks to John and liz who always look after me. Neil for the fist pump when he went out of his way to give it to me. @kevlar and his Mrs for being such great people.Tony aka @mission65 for keeping me company.
Super thanks for @Poibug for letting me dress him up this year ailsa and the rest of NLP and all the other staff not mentioned including @Phil B and anyone i have not mentioned.

Highlights for me were:
Classic machines locomotiv
League machines Elvira Hoh
Uk Open machines Hot wheels
General machines World cup soccer and That amazing T2
The 2 barmen that kept giving me rounds for 5 quid cause they cant change a 50 lol

Low-lights
Lack of beer in the hotel we were lucky we brought alot of our own
That crappy indian we went to with NLP wrong food and missing half of it and 2,5 hours to get that
The comp area being to cramped and need to be changed to another room or split better as very few did uk open when league was on but got most of the space , kinda felt league that peeps play all year is just an after thought.

Thanks you all

Just Back home myself.

So i would like to thank all those that welcomed the Irish boys over for the weekend and all that spent there time to chat me and the lads.
Special thanks to John and liz who always look after me. Neil for the fist pump when he went out of his way to give it to me. @kevlar and his Mrs for being such great people.Tony aka @mission65 for keeping me company.

Mate was good to see you again!

That crappy indian we went to with NLP wrong food and missing half of it and 2,5 hours to get that

LOL sometimes not being with the cool kids pays off :D

The comp area being to cramped and need to be changed to another room or split better as very few did uk open when league was on but got most of the space , kinda felt league that peeps play all year is just an after thought.

+1

Just Back home myself.

Super thanks for @Poibug for letting me dress him up this year ailsa and the rest of NLP and all the other staff not mentioned including @Phil B and anyone i have not mentioned.

Highlights for me were:
Classic machines locomotiv
League machines Elvira Hoh
Uk Open machines Hot wheels
General machines World cup soccer and That amazing T2
The 2 barmen that kept giving me rounds for 5 quid cause they cant change a 50 lol

Low-lights
Lack of beer in the hotel we were lucky we brought alot of our own

Thanks you all

Had a blast

One of the best shows I can remember. Terrific effort from everyone involved.

From our comp desk we have to give massive thanks to Karl De Angelo for his invaluable DTM software. Wayne as always for his expertise as a TD. Our volunteer scorekeepers this year included Dan @BuildTheRobots , @JohnN, and Chris from the Pinfest crew, and @mufcmufc and @Gonzo who all very kindly contributed their time to help out. Massive thanks to you guys - it really couldn't have run without you and I personally appreciate the huge effort and sacrifices (not least in calorie intake) you all made. Thanks to Aidie H for the loan of his TV too.

Lovely to see some of the team again too - such a great bunch of people. The lighting effects in the evening sessions were amazing. Tim's streaming is always epic.

Pin loaners are the best. An absolutely staggering amount of quality pins there this year. Hopefully it encourages more people to bring their expensive toys out for the whole community to enjoy for this mega annual show. They are looked after really well the whole weekend by the team there.

Lovely to meet some new and old friends again too. I love this community - when it comes together like this and we all support each other we can achieve amazing things. Well done everyone.

Last edited:
Now that I've been sat down for a few hours, I guess it's time for me to say a few words.

I won't go through every single person as I'm bound to forget someone.

I take far too much credit. The team assembled are an absolute goldmine. The best. I couldn't ask for any better. They all just do their thing. Well, until @Atlantis ruins them on an evening with drink then they refuse to work the next morning! They give their all throughout the weekend and also put in a lot of planning weeks ahead of the event. And they all do it for the love of the community.

Yes we don't get everything right and there's the odd issue. I totally agree with the league finals problem and we discussed ways to improve it on Saturday.

The feedback has been tremendous and it means so much.

This year had the highest attendance over the weekend. There was one comment about Friday evening being very busy. The truth is, we've had it too good in the past. VIP has never sold out before.....until this year. The first ever sell out! 150 VIP plus donators plus staff. Saturday was just shy of 400. Again, another sell out!

I advertise the event as 400 tickets - 150 of those being VIP

Sunday was quieter but still busier than previous years.

Someone commented the event has outgrown it's current location. The thing is, it hasn't outgrown me. I still have to work full time and I still have to organise NERG. I'm happy keeping it the size it is.

The new air conditioning was a god send! Shame we haven't had that since the beginning. It was literally installed 2 weeks ago! It was too cold for my partner, Pauline. She had to put her cardigan on :rofl:

Thank you once again to the machine donators, Without your beauties, we wouldn't have a show.

Peter, Helen and their son Dan doing the electrics. He brought along a great light show too. I've never asked for that but it adds a nice atmosphere when the room lights are out. They're also busy cleaning machines between sessions. I think Dan will be taller than me next year!

The Pinball Amigos & Ad Jonker travelling from The Netherlands. Just for our event because we welcome then with open arms and they love our community. It was great seeing and playing their games.

@ailsaclunie did a fantastic job getting the women together and creating their own movement. A staggering amount joined her. All was going well until they had to call in a man to open the doritos salsa jar. :D She already has bigger plans for her following next year.

@Wayne J @Wizcat @Arv literally sitting at their respective competition booths all weekend - Truly outstanding and dedicated.

@strobey streaming. Soooo professional as usual. I'll be watching tomorrow.

I was chatting with @Gonzo on the load out and we were discussing what everyone does and what people sacrifice to put this event on and I was getting all choked up. I was almost a blubbering wreck. Keep doing what you're doing @Gonzo You've become our leading online social ambassador for UK Pinball.

It may not be perfect, but we give our all and are constantly looking at ways to improve.

What was very touching was seeing the younger generation coming through. @DanLewell 's daughter getting through to the main finals. Just wow! And thank you for arranging the juniors comp! @Jackpot 's children playing was just jaw dropping. They weren't even taller than a pinball leg yet they were taking playing the games in their stride. Talk about David & Goliath! It truly was amazing to see. Even entering the main competition!

I have to give @pinballmania a mention too. He donates machines and he's there assisting in repairs over the weekend. It's a blessing he lives so close. I don't think he sees it that way though :rofl:

A great amount raised for charity too on those beautiful machines in reception. Thank you @CHRIS B PINBALLS @philpalmer

I reserve the right to edit this post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom