What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2020 August 28th, 29th & 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben you're adding noise to the issue.

Forget the event, it sounds great.

It's the clashing dates.

Loads of folks encouraged me to try after the farce of the comp of pinfest 2019
The only person I have seen on here remotely defending you is Kirk - who are these loads of people?
Who, other than you, said that the competition was a farce? Was it because you didn't qualify for the knockouts?

after the overwhelming success of UK Open this year
I'll repeat the fact that at anyone time 75% of the competitors weren't playing, with just 6 machines available for them to play on. The second biggest criticism of previous competitions held at Daventry - the fact that such a large percentage of machines were tied up in competition.
The biggest complaint being about the 'greed' of having such a large payout for the prize winners 'cheating' the other players - so I don't see how having 'the second biggest payout in any pinball competition' is going to rectify that.

By what criteria are you basing the overwhelming success on?
The fact that you had to change all of the groups from the Saturday night as it would have grouped all the same players together again, and this was only changed after it was pointed out to you by a number of different people?
The fact that you had to abandon the UK Pinball comp because you hadn't planned enough time to actually run it?

I don’t do petty and childish, I do - dream big and make it happen and after hearing this bull**** from you and Wayne I’m going full tilt on making it happen - and thank you both for reinforcing to me that the decision was the right one!

Petulant is probably a better description, vengeful and spiteful also fit.

Paul and Wayne did an epic job and the tournament ran well especially considering there was a problem with the software which is a TD's worse nightmare. ...

Yes I don't like the format but the tournament was well managed.
You certainly didn't think it was a farce here.

The only person I have seen on here remotely defending you is Kirk - who are these loads of people?
Who, other than you, said that the competition was a farce? Was it because you didn't qualify for the knockouts?

I'll repeat the fact that at anyone time 75% of the competitors weren't playing, with just 6 machines available for them to play on. The second biggest criticism of previous competitions held at Daventry - the fact that such a large percentage of machines were tied up in competition.
The biggest complaint being about the 'greed' of having such a large payout for the prize winners 'cheating' the other players - so I don't see how having 'the second biggest payout in any pinball competition' is going to rectify that.

By what criteria are you basing the overwhelming success on?
The fact that you had to change all of the groups from the Saturday night as it would have grouped all the same players together again, and this was only changed after it was pointed out to you by a number of different people?
The fact that you had to abandon the UK Pinball comp because you hadn't planned enough time to actually run it?

Petulant is probably a better description, vengeful and spiteful also fit.

You certainly didn't think it was a farce here.

Also that was before the TGP came out.

Do you want me to get the quote where you said the same of the UK open ?

Sing when you are winning eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Also that was before the TGP came out.

Do you want me to get the quote where you said the same of the UK open ?

Sing when you are winning eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So it is all about the WPPR points for you.

'Sing when you're winning' - this is where you and I see things very differently - it's not a competition as to who can run the biggest competition, who can detract from the other shows. You really do see it as being all about you, a true egomaniacal narcissist.

It's blatantly clear to me, and I would hope to anybody else with a modicum of nouse, that you have thrown your toys out of the pram because you were denied taking over the exclusive running of the comp at Pinfest by Phil - you've taken away your support of running the classics competition, taken back your pledges of machines, and scheduled another tournament over the same weekend out of spite.

Once this has come out, and you have maybe began to understand that the general feeling of the pinball community is with Phil, you've decided to try and blame others - specifically Paul and I - as to reason you are forced to put on this tournament because nobody else is capable of it.

Whatever prescription glasses or medication you have they certainly make you see things differently than everybody else.

'Sing when you're winning' - this is where you and I see things very differently - it's not a competition as to who can run the biggest competition, who can detract from the other shows. You really do see it as being all about you, a true egomaniacal narcissist.

It's blatantly clear to me, and I would hope to anybody else with a modicum of nouse, that you have thrown your toys out of the pram because you were denied taking over the exclusive running of the comp at Pinfest by Phil - you've taken away your support of running the classics competition, taken back your pledges of machines, and scheduled another tournament over the same weekend out of spite.

Once this has come out, and you have maybe began to understand that the general feeling of the pinball community is with Phil, you've decided to try and blame others - specifically Paul and I - as to reason you are forced to put on this tournament because nobody else is capable of it.

Whatever prescription glasses or medication you have they certainly make you see things differently than everybody else.

Wow, me totally agreeing the points of a Scouser, wonders will never cease😀

Wayne,
I haven’t thrown any toys out of the pram; I have thrown a lot in despair from two pinfests and two disasters of competition and actiually _anyone_ but you running the competition would be fine with me. I want to offer what’s important to tournament players and newcomers.

You think you know better than all to the point you even think you are one of the great players in the UK, when you are not, and you are far from it (for the record neither am I). You show your true colours when you speak about how the IFPA have robbed you of your “rightful” position and you post the nonsense of the UK league standings as a comparator. You say its not about the size of the competition yet you threw your toys out of the pram when I said UK Open was the biggest pinball competition in the UK (it was, it is and I suspect it will be again), so don’t lecture me in with your dummies guide to psychology “knowledge” level that you have because you fool nobody but yourself.

You show your lack of knowledge gloriously and speak as if you are an expert In what happened to get us to this point; your total lack of self awareness (coupled withthe general loathing that nearly everybody talks to me about) just highlights it for me fantastically. What lead us to this place was me trying to do what everybody wants, bring the UK Open and pinfest back together again.

Let’s kill off some other falsehoods that you keep trumpeting. When I suggested last year that we ran a classics event (actually knowing that the main event would be disappointing), you threw your toys out of the pram then and made up all sorts of bull**** as to why it was a bad idea. I did not agree to do classics with Shaun this year, but had offered to run it myself and then found out that had been decided that was how it was going to work. Under no circumstances would that work for me, Shaun and I are very different personalities and it simply wouldn’t work (go search Shaun’s and I engagement on the forum to see why it wouldn’t work) as a partnership and I wouldn’t risk the enjoyment of an event for everyone else in that way.

I never expected anything less than most people going to Pinfes and the first part of my plan when I weighed the pros and cons about the decision to do this assumed that would be the case, only a complete fool would think otherwise, but thats where you show your lack of ambition, vision and generally any level of intelect.

Phil, I apologise for messing this thread up about your event up, that was absolutely not what I wanted but I’m not going to stand here whilst Dr Google of Psychology spouts his hypocritical nonsense.

Regards,
Neil.

Amongst all this bluster, the fact remains you weren’t happy with the comps at pinfest and organised a rival Comp on the same weekend just to eff everyone off. It’s bang out of order, Neil.

Please don’t preach that it was the only weekend available at the venue you’re using. I don’t believe for a second that was the only weekend they had free next year. And I doubt anyone else does.

You’re bang out of order for what you’ve done. Plain and simple.

and actiually _anyone_ but you running the competition would be fine with me.
I'm more than happy to stand down and allow Paul to run the comp as I have the utmost confidence in him being able to do so.

This has just turned into a personal attack on me, because you can't actually answer any of the points that have been put to you, so try and deflect onto someone else and hope everyone turns their disappointment and anger away from you.

@Neil McRae - out of order, I dont know all the finer details, but @Big Phil does such an amazing job to bring us pinheads together once a year, it not all about points!!

Daventry is such an amazing social event, and must be saved

And if you have personal issues with @Wayne J take them PM or meet up!

You say its not about the size of the competition yet you threw your toys out of the pram when I said UK Open was the biggest pinball competition in the UK (it was, it is and I suspect it will be again),
I was merely pointing out your claims of it being the biggest were false, and gave specific reasons as to why.

You spout complete and utter shïťė and then attack anyone who points it out.

Clearly this needs to come to a close gents.

I see a couple of options:

- Neil moves the date of his event (best option?)
- Wayne and Phil let Neil handle the Open at Daventry (unlikely)

Either way, you can't diss Big Phil.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Clearly this needs to come to a close gents.

I see a couple of options:

- Neil moves the date of his event
- Wayne and Phil let Neil handle the Open at Daventry

Either of these would bring harmony to the force. Please let one of these happen.

I'm aware my opinion counts very little here as I'm a complete noob to all things pinball, however it sems very sad that a thread that started off about a fantastic event having another year in Daventry has descended into the kind of posts we are seeing above. I've met Big Phil briefly at Nerg and Pinfest and found him to be a lovely guy. Neil I have only met very briefly but certainly enjoyed playing Shadow at Pinfest and having a quick chat.

One of the main things that I enjoy about pinball are the people that make it happen. The people that volunteer their machines for events like Pinfest, Nerg, Play Expo etc, the people that spend their time organising and running the comps. The people working on the doors attaching the wristbands to the attendees. The people that spend most of their weekend with their head under a pin keeping it running for the enjoyment of everyone else. This community is amazing, and it's a real shame to see the division that is currently going on.

This year I have been to NERG, Play, Pinfest, Arcade Club Leeds and Bury, Fife St Social Club, and on Monday I'm heading to Tilt for the first time. I hope to visit Flip Out and Domino if possible in the near future as well, because this hobby is more than just playing pins, it's meeting the people behind them, hearing their stories, seeing their passion.

I really hope this thread doesn't do the levels of harm to the community that it is threatening to do. Apologies to all for the long essay. Fingers crossed that some sort of resolution can be reached 🤞

I'm aware my opinion counts very little here as I'm a complete noob to all things pinball, however it sems very sad that a thread that started off about a fantastic event having another year in Daventry has descended into the kind of posts we are seeing above. I've met Big Phil briefly at Nerg and Pinfest and found him to be a lovely guy. Neil I have only met very briefly but certainly enjoyed playing Shadow at Pinfest and having a quick chat.

One of the main things that I enjoy about pinball are the people that make it happen. The people that volunteer their machines for events like Pinfest, Nerg, Play Expo etc, the people that spend their time organising and running the comps. The people working on the doors attaching the wristbands to the attendees. The people that spend most of their weekend with their head under a pin keeping it running for the enjoyment of everyone else. This community is amazing, and it's a real shame to see the division that is currently going on.

This year I have been to NERG, Play, Pinfest, Arcade Club Leeds and Bury, Fife St Social Club, and on Monday I'm heading to Tilt for the first time. I hope to visit Flip Out and Domino if possible in the near future as well, because this hobby is more than just playing pins, it's meeting the people behind them, hearing their stories, seeing their passion.

I really hope this thread doesn't do the levels of harm to the community that it is threatening to do. Apologies to all for the long essay. Fingers crossed that some sort of resolution can be reached 🤞
Your opinion is as valid, and valued, as anybody else's.

I was merely pointing out your claims of it being the biggest were false, and gave specific reasons as to why.

You spout complete and utter shïťė and then attack anyone who points it out.

No I chuckle as I point out the fact that despite having several "homemade" degrees in psychology you can't even count:

The UK Open in 2018 had 86 players vs the Play Expo battle had 81. So indeed the UK Open is the biggest event in UK pinball, but lets not get primary school arithmetic get in the way of a good story though Wayne!

No I chuckle as I point out the fact that despite having several "homemade" degrees in psychology you can't even count:

The UK Open in 2018 had 86 players vs the Play Expo battle had 81. So indeed the UK Open is the biggest event in UK pinball, but lets not get primary school arithmetic get in the way of a good story though Wayne!
The UK Pinball League had 170 competitors, thus making it by far the biggest competition in the UK

I also pointed out that your claim that Flipout being the biggest venue in the UK was also wrong.

Let's get the facts right shall we?

The UK Pinball League had 170 competitors, thus making it by far the biggest competition in the UK

I also pointed out that your claim that Flipout being the biggest venue in the UK was also wrong.

Let's get the facts right shall we?

E V E N T

Do you need me to come round and spell it out to you? Are you sure you don't need your eyes testing?

So your other homemade degree in english also failed you, and as proven many times, you score close to Diane Abbot for Arithmetic at the time there was 2 more machines than any other place in the UK! So yes Flip Out was the biggest pinball centre in the UK! (and I suspect still is!)

Expert in reading, arithmetic, psychology, ophthalmologist- and I suspect proctology!

This is quality!

E V E N T

Do you need me to come round and spell it out to you? Are you sure you don't need your eyes testing?

So your other homemade degree in english also failed you, and as proven many times, you score close to Diane Abbot for Arithmetic at the time there was 2 more machines than any other place in the UK! So yes Flip Out was the biggest pinball centre in the UK! (and I suspect still is!)

Expert in reading, arithmetic, psychology, ophthalmologist- and I suspect proctology!

This is quality!
Theres a significant difference between biggest and 'has 2 more machines'.
You said biggest - it wasn't, and still isn't.

Look at who was first to swallow their pride and attempt to calm the situation down for the sake of everyone else involved despite what has been done to them without explanation.

That's why you're getting read like an open book, Neil. You've directly undermined the efforts of an all-round great dude in Phil.

It doesn't take 'psychology degrees' to spot a bully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom