What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2020 August 28th, 29th & 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ita got a weird fault where loads of random coils fire when it's in multi ball, the kids used to love it because they got mega points for jackpots that they never earned from the cue ball firing randomly.

Are there ground mods to do on system 3s? That's probably a good place to start if there is.

I'll start a thread once I've got it on its legs and I'm sure we can get it going before dav. It might even be ready for NLP in may if I pull my finger out.
The grounds plug into the transformer with a flakey connector from what I remember. Probably worth cutting the connector off and removing the little ground board and connect them directly to the transformer panel. Similar to the 80b ground mods if my memory serves me right

I always thought this was a community. Phil was asked to start PinFest up again, people like me and Liz spend our own time and money (along with the stupid amount of money Phil invested) to make it all happen and then things like this make me wonder why we bother. There’s no ‘me’ in community.

I could comment more about Phil’s acknowledgement and appreciation of Neil’s charity work, but that would feel more like a kick in the face from Neil to Phil.

Jon and liz your hard work and effort certainly has not gone unnoticed over the past 2 events so dont feel down hearted about it I will be supporting pin fest this year and I think a lot of people still will be it’s more about ethics to me and I think most people will agree I think it’s sad that neil has chosen to do this on this date and lure people away with big cash prizes I just hope the pinball community knows the right thing to do

Don't come on these forums very often but I just can't believe what is going on here.
Bring back the good old days when (almost) everyone got on and had fun, i.e. Getting ****ed and Sleeping under machines at Pins Anon HQ, having social events with fun comps etc.etc.. The first "big" shows at Villa park where everyone pulled together to make it happen.

Let's get UK pinball back to where people are nice to each other and do anything they can to help each other out.

Don't come on these forums very often but I just can't believe what is going on here.
Bring back the good old days when (almost) everyone got on and had fun, i.e. Getting ****ed and Sleeping under machines at Pins Anon HQ, having social events with fun comps etc.etc.. The first "big" shows at Villa park where everyone pulled together to make it happen.

Let's get UK pinball back to where people are nice to each other and do anything they can to help each other out.

At last - sense from my pal @Aid

The only show in the last few years I have attended is Swavesey. Mainly because I go with Aid - and get to spend time with Mark Squires, Telboy, Phil Dixon, PoiBug, Nik M, Wayne, Martin Ayub and the TAXMAN and a few others of the 'good eggs'. In that weekend I tend to drink a lot, laugh a lot and dont actually play 'that' much.

I enjoy watching the locals enjoying themselves on the great games people bring along. The sunday I do not enter the competition - it does not interest me. I however enjoy the chat, sitting in the sun and eating the sunday lunches.

Personally I would love the old days of pinsanon to come back, pre 'pinflation' :) It would not bother me if there is a competition or not at these events. I know for quite a few folks the competition is the big part of the event. Back in the days of the 2 Villa Park shows, the competition was a small part of the show - and expertly organised by Mr Ayub. I do also believe World Ranking Points did not get a mention (unsure of this!)

I wish all the best to the organisers of Daventry - it is a bloody hard thing to sort out. It takes so much - I would also doubt they would get a 'wage' out of it - if they do, they deserve every penny.

These are just my thoughts... take them or leave them.

At last - sense from my pal @Aid

The only show in the last few years I have attended is Swavesey. Mainly because I go with Aid - and get to spend time with Mark Squires, Telboy, Phil Dixon, PoiBug, Nik M, Wayne, Martin Ayub and the TAXMAN and a few others of the 'good eggs'. In that weekend I tend to drink a lot, laugh a lot and dont actually play 'that' much.

I enjoy watching the locals enjoying themselves on the great games people bring along. The sunday I do not enter the competition - it does not interest me. I however enjoy the chat, sitting in the sun and eating the sunday lunches.

Personally I would love the old days of pinsanon to come back, pre 'pinflation' :) It would not bother me if there is a competition or not at these events. I know for quite a few folks the competition is the big part of the event. Back in the days of the 2 Villa Park shows, the competition was a small part of the show - and expertly organised by Mr Ayub. I do also believe World Ranking Points did not get a mention (unsure of this!)

I wish all the best to the organisers of Daventry - it is a bloody hard thing to sort out. It takes so much - I would also doubt they would get a 'wage' out of it - if they do, they deserve every penny.

These are just my thoughts... take them or leave them.

I enjoyed swavsey was a fun event!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Pick Holder , @Aid

Correct me if I’m wrong but, UKPinfest is a community driven event. A social gathering of pinheads with a competition attached.

Have you not attended the previous events?
It’s exactly what me and the team strive to do and exactly what it’ll be going forward.

I’m sure those that have attended other events in the past could make a comparison?

If you’ve never been, get yourself there next year and experience it. You’ll have a fab time.

Thank god that's all over!!!! Right Phil I will be bringing a pin as usual and will book the hotel asap for 3 nights for me n Matt.

Cheers
Kev

EDIT did I see a link somewhere so we can book the hotel online now ??

@Pick Holder , @Aid

Correct me if I’m wrong but, UKPinfest is a community driven event. A social gathering of pinheads with a competition attached.

Have you not attended the previous events?
It’s exactly what me and the team strive to do and exactly what it’ll be going forward.

I’m sure those that have attended other events in the past could make a comparison?

If you’ve never been, get yourself there next year and experience it. You’ll have a fab time.
Big Phil , I attend most years, didn’t make it this year as away on hols

Ita got a weird fault where loads of random coils fire when it's in multi ball, the kids used to love it because they got mega points for jackpots that they never earned from the cue ball firing randomly.

Are there ground mods to do on system 3s? That's probably a good place to start if there is.

I'll start a thread once I've got it on its legs and I'm sure we can get it going before dav. It might even be ready for NLP in may if I pull my finger out.
Trying to remember, think cue ball would fire when ball is launched, so check that switch.
Plus possibly when another target is hit, but as loads firing check for battery corrosion and reflow ground connector

Hi Dan, that sounds like it may be a switch matrix fault. During multiball more than one switch gets shut at the same time, if there is a matrix fault that can make four switches appear to to close at once, two of these will be phantom closes. The likelyhood is those extra switch closures are firing coils off.

Start by checking it's not got a newer driver board fitted as the later ones replaced the 1000 ohm (system3) or 330 ohm (system 4-6) resistors R204-R211 in the upper right of the board with zero ohm jumpers and that mod can really cause issue in a system 3 machine. However it's more likely that the switch diodes are miswired so check that all the switches in the row/column are wired correctly (for example, is the diode reversed?) A reversed switch diode will cause all sorts of switch matrix havoc, such as phantom switch closures and row/column shorts and confusion.

Hi, if I bring a machine, when can they be taken into the conference room to be set up? I see the room rate is Thursday - Sunday night. So would I be able to get the machine into the room and set up on Thursday, or would it need to be brought in Friday?

Cheers.

Missed it this year but will definitely be attending 2020 especially since I just found out my 4yr old daughter is secretly a pinball nut, can’t get her off my BM66 :D

My wife has non-stop nagged me about upsetting the community so those of you that care will be happy to note that I’ve cancelled the event.

There is one detail I will share at some point in the future that made the clash unavoidable.

I’d also pay tribute to many folks who spoke to me and tried to work another solution including Phil, Kirk and Nick - thanks.

I’ll now return you to the usual banter of room booking issues and stories of drunk people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My wife has non-stop nagged me about upsetting the community so those of you that care will be happy to note that I’ve cancelled the event.

There is one detail I will share at some point in the future that made the clash unavoidable.

I’d also pay tribute to many folks who spoke to me and tried to work another solution including Phil, Kirk and Nick - thanks.

I’ll now return you to the usual banter of room booking issues and stories of drunk people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thank fook

Hell yeah!

Hopefully you can all work together and bring this bad boy home and make it the best event ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom