What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2019 23rd, 24th, 25th August

This is the scariest part of the whole event for me. The credits post. Terrified I may miss someone but here goes!

Firstly....wow. Just wow. What a fantastic event. Exhausting as usual but fantastic.

Financially, things are good. No need to worry about that this year. A combination of fewer transport costs, no start up costs, the hotel doing a bit of a deal, Steve Brum allowing us to sell his merchandise and donating the money to the event and Scottish Pinball for raising funds through the NBA comp.

The people involved in all of this are just soooo passionate. I may head up the event but it's all the others that deserve the credit over the entire weekend. Everyone works so hard to make this happen.

OK.....Peter Davies the electrician. Tremendous support. Not only does he sort the electrics for the event, he also donates machines. His wife Helen is also heavily involved setting up.

Daz Ball, Poibug, Dave Sibson and Simon Hook on the maintenance team. No job too big or too small. Always at hand. Andy Netherwood of Pinballmania was also always at hand to assist in repairs. They never stop. Tremendous support.

Streaming by Tim, Neil, James and Phil. Special stand out mention for Tim. I would go to the point of saying your streaming is borderline obsessive 🤣 Soooo professional and passionate.

The main UKPinfest competition headed up by Wayne with tremendous support from Paul Garner. Many others involved in the scoring including my team of staff, Pauline, Graeme and Jen. Ran so smoothly. A slight hiccup at the start with the software but they had a backup plan as true professionals do. And Wayne also headed up the league finals. Hats off to you man!

The other competitions run by Neil, Scottish Pinball and James. Stall ball was bouncing on Saturday night. That was the point I believe I peaked during the event.......NBA was hugely popular on Sunday and superbly organised by Colin, Ailsa, Chris, Tracy and Daz Ball.

The machine donators. Without machines, we wouldn't have a pinball event. A special mention to Scottish Pinball, Chris and Tracy Edis. Travelling all the way from Dundee which also involved a breakdown causing them hours of a delay. It hasn't seemed to dampen their spirits though as I believe they're up for the event next year! Another special mention to Ad Jonker and The Pinball Amigos bringing four machines from The Netherlands.

My partner Pauline and friends Graeme, Jen, John and Liz. Pauline has to put up with me constantly working on NERG and UKPinfest in my spare time. Never bats an eyelid. She, as well as my friends, work tirelessly all weekend. From setting up to packing up. They give up their spare time for me and strangely, have a great time!

And finally, thanks to Paul on the forum. Such a shame you couldn't be there this year. Most of the show is coordinated and planned on here. Thank you.

And we forgot to do the pinball donators draw! I still have the goodies from Stern. I'll sort something out.

Everything ran so smoothly and lots of people thanked me and friends on the way out.

The highlight of my weekend was walking(staggering) out into the courtyard late on Saturday evening and seeing 50+ people sitting chatting, laughing and having a fantastic time. Makes it all worthwhile. Thank you all for your support.

Edit: -

Need to add thanks to @Sven Normansson & @Wayne J for starting the ball rolling on the home brew section. Also thanks to @Mooseman for the Addams chair which was very popular.

Also need to thank @ianw and Dan. They purchased VIP tickets but mucked in and helped unload pins and setup.

Last edited:
This is the scariest part of the whole event for me. The credits post. Terrified I may miss someone but here goes!

Firstly....wow. Just wow. What a fantastic event. Exhausting as usual but fantastic.

Financially, things are good. No need to worry about that this year. A combination of fewer transport costs, no start up costs, the hotel doing a bit of a deal, Steve Brum allowing us to sell his merchandise and donating the money to the event and Scottish Pinball for raising funds through the NBA comp.

The people involved in all of this are just soooo passionate. I may head up the event but it's all the others that deserve the credit over the entire weekend. Everyone works so hard to make this happen.

OK.....Peter Davies the electrician. Tremendous support. Not only does he sort the electrics for the event, he also donates machines. His wife Helen is also heavily involved setting up.

Daz Ball, Poibug, Dave Sibson and Simon Hook on the maintenance team. No job too big or too small. Always at hand. Andy Netherwood of Pinballmania was also always at hand to assist in repairs. They never stop. Tremendous support.

Streaming by Tim, Neil, James and Phil. Special stand out mention for Tim. I would go to the point of saying your streaming is borderline obsessive [emoji1787] Soooo professional and passionate.

The main UKPinfest competition headed up by Wayne with tremendous support from Paul Garner. Many others involved in the scoring including my team of staff, Pauline, Graeme and Jen. Ran so smoothly. A slight hiccup at the start with the software but they had a backup plan as true professionals do. And Wayne also headed up the league finals. Hats off to you man!

The other competitions run by Neil, Scottish Pinball and James. Stall ball was bouncing on Saturday night. That was the point I believe I peaked during the event.......NBA was hugely popular on Sunday and superbly organised by Colin, Ailsa, Chris, Tracy and Daz Ball.

The machine donators. Without machines, we wouldn't have a pinball event. A special mention to Scottish Pinball, Chris and Tracy Edis. Travelling all the way from Dundee which also involved a breakdown causing them hours of a delay. It hasn't seemed to dampen their spirits though as I believe they're up for the event next year! Another special mention to Ad Jonker and The Pinball Amigos bringing four machines from The Netherlands.

My partner Pauline and friends Graeme, Jen, John and Liz. Pauline has to put up with me constantly working on NERG and UKPinfest in my spare time. Never bats an eyelid. She, as well as my friends, work tirelessly all weekend. From setting up to packing up. They give up their spare time for me and strangely, have a great time!

And finally, thanks to Paul on the forum. Such a shame you couldn't be there this year. Most of the show is coordinated and planned on here. Thank you.

And we forgot to do the pinball donators draw! I still have the goodies from Stern. I'll sort something out.

Everything ran so smoothly and lots of people thanked me and friends on the way out.

The highlight of my weekend was walking(staggering) out into the courtyard late on Saturday evening and seeing 50+ people sitting chatting, laughing and having a fantastic time. Makes it all worthwhile. Thank you all for your support.

Thanks for the report when possible please can you let us know how many people made it through the door?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the report when possible please can you let us know how many people made it through the door?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Irrelevant IMO.
Phil didn't lose money and happy
Pinheads happy, ern the ones on the road for 10 hours plus, aka Scottish and Dutch people

Nuff said

BTW is it just me, that still hears STALL BALL!

great event, its so nice to have Daventry back on the uk pinball scene and see all the familiar faces and welcome the new. I got back to a very sunny and BUSY Southport 14.30 this afternoon and unloaded my games all ok. shame space invaders didnt survive the journey down but least the others held out after we sorted the trough problems on indy jones. comps ran smooth, main was good, nba was great fun and stall ball was also good fun to play. Like Alice cooper pin, very much like the BK SOR and the 2 mission pinball tables were innovative to say the least, il look forward to trying those when they are complete. shame there wasnt a willi wonka for people to try as its a really good game but a fantastic selection of games anyhow. May struggle to make NERG next year due to being so close to Pinburgh 2020 but will definatly be coming to Pinfest 2020 with another van of pin's as the workout saves me joining a gym! haha. Big well done to everyone involved in making this happen, we love pinfest!!!

@Neil McRae Thank you for the info about colour DMD mods and the price range for MB and CREATURE. Way beyond my meagre funds for my first table sadly. But certainly I can dream of owning one before I croak [emoji12] and admire the machines from afar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Massive thanks to phil for putting on a super event as always only came for the Saturday but the Chris b car boot went very well and I will hopefully be back next year
I must say the staff you have phil are some of the nicest people I have met one even helped me load the van before I went home
Only played one game bk3000 pro as wanted to see the difference over the le everything seemed well organised in the main hall yes it was hot but but I doubt you will ever resolve that with 100 machines and people in that small area
Thanks again phil

I still hear Move Your Car and Multi Millions, creech and wh20 the win the loudest games in the show comp:D
@Neil McRae Thank you for the info about colour DMD mods and the price range for MB and CREATURE. Way beyond my meagre funds for my first table sadly. But certainly I can dream of owning one before I croak [emoji12] and admire the machines from afar.

Creature should be significantly cheaper than Monster Bash.

Creech is the better game too!

@mark9 Yeah, I love the call-outs on CREATURE and WHITE WATER. The all caps for the latter are very apt. Saw this one fella on the Sunday absolutely smash WW. He was on something like 600 million on his first ball. Amazing stuff.

12 hours of pinball action on Saturday :) Really enjoyed it. Pinball room wasn't as hot as I was fearing. Super well organised. No complaints at all. Hotel stay Sat night was great too - nice having event in same hotel as room. Looking forward to next year already. Thank you to all that made it possible. Massive appreciation to those that provide their own machines.

[QUOTE="JohnN, post: 314065, memb
Cracking weekend, as ever. Can't really call it working :) Good to see some old friends (@Poibug , @Atlantis , @ianw to name but a few - with a special mention to @mission65 for making sure I didn't end up cling wrapped to a chair, again ;) ) and meeting some amazing new people.

Wayne and Paul - the work you both put in to the competitions was immense, and stressul as can be! Thanks for making ithem happen in very difficult circumstances!

[/QUOTE]

No problem John, was great fun of an evening one night with you and the next with your lovely wife Liz,
Then both of you :)

@mark9 Yeah, I love the call-outs on CREATURE and WHITE WATER. The all caps for the latter are very apt. Saw this one fella on the Sunday absolutely smash WW. He was on something like 600 million on his first ball. Amazing stuff.

he was a man on a mission - i stood behind him for 10 minutes and when i left he was going like a steam train on it ! great game

Massive thanks Phil for putting on this pinball show for the pinball community.
Great weekend meeting up with all the people I haven't seen since the last one and meeting some new faces as well.
Most machines were a lot more reliable as well this year just a few problems of which two of the culprits were my own machines, Whitewater and Flipper Football. I blame swapping out the CPU from Whitewater to keep The Addams Chair going on the Friday night, I think it caught something from Moose's machine :p .
Didn't get chance to enter the league finals again or the main comp, I did say I would enter first thing Sunday morning but ended up refereeing the NBA comp with Colin. Which was great fun even though it took 5 hours to complete.
Looking forward to next time and meeting up with a great bunch of people to spend the weekend with.
D.
On question I never worked out is why is @Neil McRae such a jolly nice guy in real life.

Back
Top Bottom