What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UKPinfest 2019 23rd, 24th, 25th August

I'm already looking forward to 2020 and really hope it's pi**ing down with rain and 5 degrees outside.
It always seems to be the same, exactly like Swavesey.

I popped out to get some 'fresh air' and it was hotter outside.

Big thanks to Big Phil and team, a very well run set up, hope the ticket sales were good enough this year, the show felt relaxed throughout although the heat was (again) too much. Is it possible to run it later in the year or get extra blowers in as has been done in the past?

+1... and maybe avoid bank holiday weekends (re traffic)? Otherwise, one of the most enjoyable pinball weekends to date, cheers Phil. I too hope it was better financially so these continue.

Well done to Wayne and Paul for running the main comps, looked a lot of work for you both but thought these went very smoothly, cheers.

+1... and maybe avoid bank holiday weekends (re traffic)? Otherwise, one of the most enjoyable pinball weekends to date, cheers Phil. I too hope it was better financially so these continue.

Well done to Wayne and Paul for running the main comps, looked a lot of work for you both but thought these went very smoothly, cheers.
I was wondering about holding it on a bank holiday weekend, no so much the traffic, but the attendance. Would there not be more pinheads free to escape their families if it wasn't a bank holiday weekend? just spit-balling.....

I would imagine so Kev... would also have thought the hotel would be busier with room bookings then too?

Shame also that the big shows have ended up grouped so close together this year... big gap now.

As I've said in previous years, hopefully Phil has at least covered all costs. If not, let's all club together and make up the difference.

The community loves this event therefore the community should support it. This is the event of the year and we all had an amazing time. It takes soooo much effort to run these things and they are so greatly appreciated.

+1 for this, and add my thanks to everyone involved in making it such a brilliant weekend again. The organisation was superb from start to finish.

Fantastic event.
I wonder if there is any way those competition machines that were stood idle a lot of the time on Saturday could be made available for general use somehow.
This is not a a criticism by the way, i had a great day and Alien blew me away.
Many Thanks to all the organisers.

Just dropping in to say thanks to all that put this year's event together - a really notably fantastic line-up of games both in tournaments and the regular selection and seemed to run super smooth on the whole. Was really pleased to get much further in the tournament than I have previously - though I clearly need to spend much more time on iron Maiden for next time 😅😅 Looking forward to future events and next year's Pinfest, whenever it happens (though August bank holiday has never been a problem for me personally).

Thanks to Phil and crew for organising another fantastic show. Felt like death all week but great to catch up with everyone. A group of lads travelled down from Nuneaton and I now have to explain why Alien is a bit tricky to get but Whitewater and GOTG are "feasible" LOL

Just dropping in to say thanks to all that put this year's event together - a really notably fantastic line-up of games both in tournaments and the regular selection and seemed to run super smooth on the whole. Was really pleased to get much further in the tournament than I have previously - though I clearly need to spend much more time on iron Maiden for next time 😅😅 Looking forward to future events and next year's Pinfest, whenever it happens (though August bank holiday has never been a problem for me personally).
I was lucky to draw IMdn as the tiebreak game between us - as it is my machine😁 You were also unlucky to have 3 house balls - but that's pinball, and why we love it.

I was wondering about holding it on a bank holiday weekend, no so much the traffic, but the attendance. Would there not be more pinheads free to escape their families if it wasn't a bank holiday weekend? just spit-balling.....

For me personally, and probably the other helpers, bank holiday weekend is a bonus, as only have to book off work the Thursday, Friday

So back just now, and car unloaded.About 20 or so pins we're loaded up today.
Had a busy but great time.All comps and tournaments seemed nice and popular and well run.Well done to all involved with that.
Awesome work by the streamers, helps to spread the word around the www. Especially @strobey . He, like the comp lads, barely had a show, as they were so busy with that.
Kudos to @windoesnot
who, I think, commented whilst in the final😮
Thanks to all who brought machines, 2 d.o.a but, on a whole, considering what they were put through, held up pretty well. I know myself and other repair guys thought that so thanks.
Extra kudos to the Pinball Amigos and Ad Jonker who, between them brought about 5% of the main show games all the way from Holland.
Appreciate anyone who bought me a pint, especially @Atlantis who still wouldn't let me buy him one.
Plus, I learnt that my waitering skills arnt so, ahem up to scratch - props to @ianw for taking it all so well and laughing so hard, beer came out of his nose.
Now IF we can just sort out the bar, and pray to the weather gods for a 15 degrees weekend, it'll be perfect!
I (nearly) miss you all allready🤘🤘🤘🤘 Liver recovery mode now engaged

Also big thanks to a guy a lot may not know about, but a great asset. Pete the leccy. Don't think he is on here.
Bring all the leccy stuff- three phase down to single phase gear, sockets, distribution boxes etc etc. Was there from Thursday thru till today.set up and look after all leccy duties.Also brought a few games and helped with repairs too, a good guy as were his kid and wife, who also pitched in.His van, like @strobey s car, was loaded up to the gunnels with stuff

Meant to say, first time seeing colour DMDs fitted into Bally/Williams machines such as Creature and Monster Bash. Thought they looked excellent. How much cost is such a mod?

Can colour DMDs be added to other tables from that same era?

Out of curiosity, how much would that MONSTER BASH as seen at UK PinFest sell for? Or one of the Creature tables?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cracking weekend, as ever. Can't really call it working :) Good to see some old friends (@Poibug , @Atlantis , @ianw to name but a few - with a special mention to @mission65 for making sure I didn't end up cling wrapped to a chair, again ;) ) and meeting some amazing new people.

Wayne and Paul - the work you both put in to the competitions was immense, and stressul as can be! Thanks for making ithem happen in very difficult circumstances!

I think Neil and Phil's stall-ball double act on Saturday got everyone going - amazing laugh had by all!

Pete the sparky, along with Helen and Dan, put the electrics in so the fun could be had. Sorry for breaking RFM, three times...

Too many people did so much to make it happen to mention them all, and I'd probably miss someone :(

Thanks to @Big Phil for getting the balls rolling again (rubbish pun, sorry )

Hope to see you all again next year!

Cracking weekend, as ever. Can't really call it working :) Good to see some old friends (@Poibug , @Atlantis , @ianw to name but a few - with a special mention to @mission65 for making sure I didn't end up cling wrapped to a chair, again ;) ) and meeting some amazing new people.

Wayne and Paul - the work you both put in to the competitions was immense, and stressul as can be! Thanks for making ithem happen in very difficult circumstances!

I think Neil and Phil's stall-ball double act on Saturday got everyone going - amazing laugh had by all!

Pete the sparky, along with Helen and Dan, put the electrics in so the fun could be had. Sorry for breaking RFM, three times...

Too many people did so much to make it happen to mention them all, and I'd probably miss someone :(

Thanks to @Big Phil for getting the balls rolling again (rubbish pun, sorry )

Hope to see you all again next year!
Ah John, was that you helped me load a machine into my car? If so thanks very much and for everything you helped with all weekend.

Games home !

eba5d74b4b0c7f1ea6f03e9177d9efdc.jpg

Thanks to Stan and @Matt Vince for getting them back to me! And thanks to all th flip out folks who got the games ready to roll.

Cheers,
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge thanks to everyone involved for a cracking weekend especially Big Phil for organising, all machine loaners, helpers, fixers and comp runners- Neil, Ailsa and Wayne, Paul who worked tirelessly all weekend. All much appreciated.

Big personal thanks to Neil for an incredible prize in Stall Ball which I was very fortunate to win and also to Neil/Stan/Matt for bringing GOTG to the show as my choice in the league finals.

Extra kudos to the Pinball Amigos and Ad Jonker who, between them brought about 5% of the main show games all the way from Holland.

The homebrew section was completely unreal. Seeing the disco smoke pop out of a trapdoor on crazy mansion and the promptly get sucked out the back by some fans was next level. Nice to meet you Bosh (no idea how to spell that and I know that's just a weird English approximation of your name sorry!)

Also great to have a brilliant conversation with @Sven Normansson who talked me through his incredible Forbidden Planet. Nerding out over the guts of Mission Pinball Framework and discussing the beauty of Python was, no sh1t, a real highlight.

Keep flying the flag homebrew dudes, you are an asset to the Pinball community.

Really don't think June or July would happen for pinfest cos Nerg is around then.
Talking of which, many pinheads ain't been, it's a great laugh

Meant to say, first time seeing colour DMDs fitted into Bally/Williams machines such as Creature and Monster Bash. Thought they looked excellent. How much cost is such a mod?

Can colour DMDs be added to other tables from that same era?

Out of curiosity, how much would that MONSTER BASH as seen at UK PinFest sell for? Or one of the Creature tables?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.colordmd.com for the full list

Pretty much nearly all of the BW games have been done now. Its about £400 from www.pinballdisplays.co.uk

A BW MB is probably a 5500 quid game now - or you can get a remake for 6,495.00

Creature probably the same depending on condition...

Neil.

@JohnN ! Didn't realise you were on here. You're one of the nicest chaps I've ever met, and I'm super sorry for upsetting Liz. Little known fact, but I'm really only 10 years old.

she's fine, don't worry about :)

"...You're one of the nicest chaps I've ever met..." - thanks, did you get the tenner I gave you to say that? ;)

I got home at 12.30 this afternoon,totally feel physically and mentally drained after 4.5 days of shifting and repairing pins,this was my 9th pinball party/pinfest and it never stops amazing me the great ppl that make it happen and attend the event,great curry on sat night with the crew,met a few new people ....james i think your name was with the tales from crypt ...still owe me that pint lol lol ..note number your connections before removing head on game!!! Great show!

Back
Top Bottom