What's new

UKPinfest 2019 23rd, 24th, 25th August

NBA comp full - contestants have been divided into 8 leagues of 4 . Group A will start at 10.30 am tomorrow and group B at 11.05 am and so on with last group H starting at 13.05 . The top 2 winners will then go on to the next 16 and knock outs until final two . For all timings and what group you are in please see our noticeboard , tv monitor on desk or visit
Good luck and lots of fun and banter [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Approximate times [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

NBA comp full - contestants have been divided into 8 leagues of 4 . Group A will start at 10.30 am tomorrow and group B at 11.05 am and so on with last group H starting at 13.05 . The top 2 winners will then go on to the next 16 and knock outs until final two . For all timings and what group you are in please see our noticeboard , tv monitor on desk or visit
[/URL]
Good luck and lots of fun and banter [emoji3]

Thanks for organising 👍 Liking bring in Group H as it means I'll be in the competition longer 😄😄😂😂

Apologies for the delay in getting live scores working on the comp. More my fault than an issue with Karl's excellent software I think

All the scores are keyed in to the comp now. Huge thanks to Graham and @RGV for their help with that (and everyone else that contributed to the early scorekeeping)

Standings at
https://www.neverdrains.com/ukpinfest2019

Qualifying continues until midday Sunday

Thanks for organising [emoji106] Liking bring in Group H as it means I'll be in the competition longer [emoji1][emoji1][emoji23][emoji23]

Thanks Nickbs - we are a bit nervous doing this instead of NLP guys as they did it so well but they are too busy fixing machines all the time so hopefully it will go okay and be some fun . Some people are practising their trash talk [emoji3]

Abandoned in the bar, but at least it wasn’t thrown on the floor, or all over me @Poibug
6a2fc07456246c9f314de76b19c56e3c.jpg

Was there for the day yesterday. Got to the hotel in great time (approx 40mins) as I’m pretty local.
As soon as the doors open I got stuck into BKSOR immediately and then slowly worked my way around the room, didn’t have to wait longer than 5 mins for any game so got to play plenty. Alien...oh my god ALIEN! Such an amazing game, it’s so immersive I’d love to play it in a dark room easily my favourite of the day such a shame Heighway wasn’t meant to be. I had quite a few goes on that and Spooky’s TNA.

Would have liked to play on Guardians Of The Galaxy and Dialled in but it was pretty busy in the area in front of VIP and hard to get a look in. Still amazing day had, already looking forward to Pinfest 2020!

C73E1E28-8017-4D11-8258-00978FA8D050.jpeg

817F6D7F-A1E1-4510-A2A6-A6CC65906A99.jpeg

Top job by all the pinfesters staff, organisers and punters! Had a blast on stall ball last night but need to remind @James that stories about him wandering hotel corridors in the starkers are the ones best kept to yourself LOL

Flightclub is going well with current leader Josh Iles and Under 16 leader Leo Marshall, we will call the winner 30 minutes before the close of Pinfest! But its very close!

https://matchplay.live/0bnvk

To play click above and register for matchplay then register for the tournament, submit scores for each game and take a picture, its so easy even I can do it!

Cheers,
Neil.

Not a normal, trash talking, egging on, shouting all actively encouraged with this one😀
L

How on earth Nick was so oblivious to the beer "spillage" is beyond me, along with the barman who didn't know what a dozen was when @ianw tried to order a dozen beers
Awesome night😁Tho think my liver aged about 5 years.I was a lghtweight as I apparently buggered off about 4. I believe some were up a few hours after me😯 @Big Phil was rather tender this morning too.

Was there for the day yesterday. Got to the hotel in great time (approx 40mins) as I’m pretty local.
As soon as the doors open I got stuck into BKSOR immediately and then slowly worked my way around the room, didn’t have to wait longer than 5 mins for any game so got to play plenty. Alien...oh my god ALIEN! Such an amazing game, it’s so immersive I’d love to play it in a dark room easily my favourite of the day such a shame Heighway wasn’t meant to be. I had quite a few goes on that and Spooky’s TNA.

Would have liked to play on Guardians Of The Galaxy and Dialled in but it was pretty busy in the area in front of VIP and hard to get a look in. Still amazing day had, already looking forward to Pinfest 2020!

View attachment 91503

View attachment 91502
nice 1 strongs im really ****ed at missing it this year ,have a good weekend ,but nows your chance to invent some telescopic pinball legs :)

View attachment 91503

View attachment 91502
totally agree on the alien,thanks to whoever brought this in (& of course to all the other machine donors too!) never thought i'd get a chance to play this game!

Just another thank you to all staff, pinball repair team, organisers, machine owners and fellow patrons as PinFest was a truly wonderful experience.

I honestly don’t think I could have asked for a better ‘first-time’ at a pinball event. Wife and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves all weekend. Everyone was very friendly and good spirited. Will definitely be back in future and the desire to own our own table has returned in full force off the back of playing all these amazing machines.

Actually, kicking myself I didn’t just grab that JUNKYARD that was up for sale. Oh well, there’s always next time.

Just another thank you to all staff, pinball repair team, organisers, machine owners and fellow patrons as PinFest was a truly wonderful experience.

I honestly don’t think I could have asked for a better ‘first-time’ at a pinball event. Wife and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves all weekend. Everyone was very friendly and good spirited. Will definitely be back in future and the desire to own our own table has returned in full force off the back of playing all these amazing machines.

Actually, kicking myself I didn’t just grab that JUNKYARD that was up for sale. Oh well, there’s always next time.

How much was it? Didn't see a for sale sign on it today

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

@PinballAdam I think it sold yesterday for £2000 approx. That’s still an enormous expense for my limited means but wife and I left yearning to own our own machine. So guess, one day soon, we’ll just have to go for it!

Reactions: JMP
Just back from the show. Brilliantly well organised as always. Thank you to Phil and the rest of the team and the people who donated their machines. Theo and I had a great time. I must agree on alien. Amazing game. Tna not for me. Actually had the best fun on wms ij.

Was there on the Saturday and had a great time again this year, huge thank you to Phil and the rest of the crew - cracking event.
Need to make sure I get the hotel booked next year, one afternoon just wasn't enough....

L

How on earth Nick was so oblivious to the beer "spillage" is beyond me, along with the barman who didn't know what a dozen was when @ianw tried to order a dozen beers
Awesome night[emoji16]Tho think my liver aged about 5 years.I was a lghtweight as I apparently buggered off about 4. I believe some were up a few hours after me[emoji54] @Big Phil was rather tender this morning too.

I disappeared off around 1am!

I too had a great time this weekend great line up of games and the range of talent in the room! Scored a huge 17 million on junk yard which was a big achievement and personal best on that game.

I too had a great time this weekend great line up of games and the range of talent in the room! Scored a huge 17 million on junk yard which was a big achievement and personal best on that game.

Absolutely awesome weekend. Huge thanks to everyone involved.

Everyone that doanted their precious machines for us to abuse for a weekend. Everyone that took time out to ensure things ran smoothly. everyone that ran competitions and spent half the weekend working on streams. A huge thankyou.It really is a fantastic weekend. Just 363 sleeps till the next one! :D

Last edited:
Guys up to you but I would recommend writing a review on trip advisor, the good,bad and ugly!
If improvements need to be made this is a great way to let them know about it, particularly if pinfest is due to return for its third year though!

Had an absolutely smashing weekend and really enjoyed my first pinball event. Met some really awesome people and played like absolute c**p as usual.

Huge thanks to Phil and all the staff for putting on such a great show (especially to those that helped me reverse my car into the loading dock as I'm potentially the worst driver ever to pass a test!)

Stargate racked up 322 games over the weekend and as far as I'm aware had no issues so was very proud of that. Can't wait for next year's show now!

Back
Top Bottom